X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by mleewh View Post
    wanna ask.. if we pay da verification fee.. are we given a cert? or nothing will be given?
    No cert

Just a receipt that states...you got chopped $75

Leave a comment:

• mleewh
    replied
    wanna ask.. if we pay da verification fee.. are we given a cert? or nothing will be given?

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Some info

I posted this in 'ROLEX in General' thread and thought it is also relevant to this thread. Just to share my first-hand experience. Thank you for reading.

http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?p=56969#post56969

Leave a comment:

• Oceanklassik
    replied
    Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
    There won't be a serious problem actually if you use the proper tools and screw it back...of course in this case they do have the proper tools so there is actually no problem or difference in waterproofing as when you got it.
    Proper tools are important and so are the "hands" operating those tools. Human error occurs dude. And yes, we should get to the bottom of all these.
    Thanx.

Leave a comment:

• decksurgeon
    replied
    ahhh.....thanks.
    understand what u trying to say now!

Leave a comment:

• ricnas1
    replied
    Originally posted by decksurgeon View Post
    (1) am very surprised. surely they should guarantee water proofness after a service. isnt this what the service of a watch is about in the first place? to put things right, back to near factory condition. usually the seals are changed after a service and the watch is tested with the ALC2000.

of course if the watch is vintage and has not waterproofness to start with in the first place, then this is not possible at all (eg. old vintage IWCs, vintage Omegas etc)

(2) - i'd expect that the watch be returned to the owner in the same waterproofness state even after the caseback is opened for verification. somehow it does not make sense to pay a provider for a fee to do a service (such as verification) to have you product returned to you worse off state than before. does anyone know what actually happens at RSC with regards to this matter?

pressing the caseback (usually screwing it back in the oyster case of rolex) is one thing - having the right tools definitely makes the job a lot easier for the operator. but the final test with a ALC 2000 still must be carried out after that to ensure that the watch is indeed waterproof.
    bro, u read my answer wrong... lol

1. its when u send the watch for a quotation for a service... not after service.

2. like i said... when u send for authentication, they wl not say anything abt the watch waterproofness being compromised.. but they will remark if u send the watch to get a quotation, they will remark that...

question is do they close it the same way or is there an extra step using the pressure testing equipment.... since u paid the verification fee.... but not everybody will pay to get the watch serviced....

Leave a comment:

• ^Lee^
    replied
    For authentication, I doubt RSC will perform the so-called pressure test but I confirmed that there is an equipment in RSC to perform the test.

I do had this experience few years ago, I sent in my rolex for verification and at the same time I asked to replace the acrylic crystal. My watch came out with a report (the report is meant for their record and it won't issued to you) and the report chopped with a stamp "Waterproof" and the lady told me that your watch everything is original and it's waterproof / water resistance now.

I am guessing, if we send in our watch for verification and request for the pressure test, probably we need to pay an extra.

[I am pretty happy with the result because mine is a vintage watch. Normally vintage watch is no longer water resistance.]

Cheerio,

Leave a comment:

• communicam
    replied
    Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
    will call & ask rsc tom. must get to the bottom of tis once & for all.
    Thanks bro!
    Will like to know the outcome too!

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    Originally posted by ricnas1 View Post
    i'm not sure how this goes and if i'm even answering yr question...

1. when u send a watch in to get a quote for servicing charges, they will tell you that they will not bear the responsibility of the watch's waterproffness after they open the casing.....

2. but when u send for authentication, they will not say such a thing.. so i suppose they will have a machine/gauge test to actually press the case back into the watch properly...
    There won't be a serious problem actually if you use the proper tools and screw it back...of course in this case they do have the proper tools so there is actually no problem or difference in waterproofing as when you got it.

Leave a comment:

• feudallordcult
    replied
    will call & ask rsc tom. must get to the bottom of tis once & for all.

Leave a comment:

• Darkangel
    replied
    sorry typo error -0.8 to 10 bar i mean.

i tried to edit, but it hangs???

can the moderator pls edit for me and delete this post, thank you.
    Dun wry...mine also hang

Leave a comment:

• Taurus75
    replied
    Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
    good thread by TS. i have another query pursuant to this $75 verification. How will the technician know/ensure that the watch case back has been correctly secured in order to withstand water resistance? I read from somewhere that there is a certain gauge that must be used to test for waterproofness. pls pardon me if this qn has been posted.
    I started a thread sometime ago pertaining to this... like bro feudallordcult, I too was wondering back then if the WR of a watch would be compromised after authentication by RSC and if they would bear the responsibility should the watch comes in harms way when exposed to water after their authentication services. But the consensus were split with some suggesting/confirming that RSC would be accountable while some insisting that authentication itself does not ensure full water worthiness of the watch and that only a full serivice would suffice. So heres the link to the thread:

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=1049

So I guessed the answer to this question remains vague...

Leave a comment:

• jazz_samz
    replied
    Cool info deck..

Thanks for sharing!!

Leave a comment:

• decksurgeon
    replied
    it has a range of 0.8-10bar
    sorry typo error -0.8 to 10 bar i mean.

i tried to edit, but it hangs???

can the moderator pls edit for me and delete this post, thank you.

Leave a comment:

• decksurgeon
    replied
    Originally posted by ricnas1 View Post
    i'm not sure how this goes and if i'm even answering yr question...

1. when u send a watch in to get a quote for servicing charges, they will tell you that they will not bear the responsibility of the watch's waterproffness after they open the casing.....

2. but when u send for authentication, they will not say such a thing.. so i suppose they will have a machine/gauge test to actually press the case back into the watch properly...

(1) am very surprised. surely they should guarantee water proofness after a service. isnt this what the service of a watch is about in the first place? to put things right, back to near factory condition. usually the seals are changed after a service and the watch is tested with the ALC2000.

of course if the watch is vintage and has not waterproofness to start with in the first place, then this is not possible at all (eg. old vintage IWCs, vintage Omegas etc)

(2) - i'd expect that the watch be returned to the owner in the same waterproofness state even after the caseback is opened for verification. somehow it does not make sense to pay a provider for a fee to do a service (such as verification) to have you product returned to you worse off state than before. does anyone know what actually happens at RSC with regards to this matter?

pressing the caseback (usually screwing it back in the oyster case of rolex) is one thing - having the right tools definitely makes the job a lot easier for the operator. but the final test with a ALC 2000 still must be carried out after that to ensure that the watch is indeed waterproof.

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...
X