Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• always quote inflation, never heard employers citing inflation to increase income... funny

Comment

• Originally posted by Ian Limm View Post
      we talked about this earlier here earlier:-

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php...ht=#post388738
      Thank you for your kind enlightment Ian...

Comment

• Can anyone share what is the scope of work when you pay $107 for RSC to verify. Do they open up and check the components do they list the serial numbers of the watch so that you check it off the cert? What happen if the parts inside a new casing are real but change from a older watch? Thanks.

Comment

• they check the watch for authenticity. thats all!

no more/no less!

Once they have finished checking; they return you the watch; tell you yay or nay, along with a list of "recommended" service items, and collect the money from you.

AFAIK rsc will not polish your watch, even if you offer to pay for the service.
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• If you buy from a reliable source why pay to have a Rolex verified most any watchmaker could get the back off.And its not rocket science to tell a genuine Rolex movement or case dial etc,there is no way I would pay to check for authenticity.

Comment

• here in oz, authenticity is done foc. of course; do not expect a papertrail. its done out of goodwill of the watchmaker. i had to get a watch authenticated before for a customer of mine; and the watch maker took off the bracelet; open the case back; inspect movement, crystal; hands; dial; etc. took about 20mins.
              Blue 6694
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• verification done already?

dear rolexperts,

if a seller provides a verification slip from RSC for his watch, should I, as a prospective buyer do another verification? To me at least , a verification slip dated some time back is as good as providing a warranty card- does not mean anything at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by rabid View Post
                  dear rolexperts,

if a seller provides a verification slip from RSC for his watch, should I, as a prospective buyer do another verification? To me at least , a verification slip dated some time back is as good as providing a warranty card- does not mean anything at all.
                  you have answered your own question

Comment

• Many things can change after last verification.

To me, I will do another round of verification.

Comment

• The verification paper only says 'Servicing'. RSC will not even print the words "verified genuine Rolex". If they do that, it is better you get it verified again when you want to buy it.

Comment

• Originally posted by shuseido View Post
                        Many things can change after last verification.

To me, I will do another round of verification.
                        I agree. I'll personally still get one done just to be complete peace of mind.
                        Buy less, but buy better!

My blog: http://watchesindia.blogspot.com/

Comment

• Thanks guys. I agree with the comments, just that I can't understand why sellers are telling us the "verification done already, so can save that money". Didn't make much sense to me so I seek your rolexpertise.. Seems it's a whole lot of hot air some sellers are blowing

Comment

• Different folks; different strokes, I guess. Some sellers may feel wasteful that such verifications keep repeating on the same watch. Especially so when these sellers know what they are selling are clearly authentic. There's no right/wrong. More important is what (method) can give you a better peace of mind.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• depends if you trust the seller; if you trust seller, then you can always scrimp on verification; if not, no matter how genuine, you will always want to go to RSC to verify.
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

• Verification; other than RSC

Anyone knows the cost of verification over at Top hour? Being trying to go to RSC during weekday but really too busy... If anyone could provide me alternative reliable verification contact will be great too. WIll I be able to see the technician doing the verification right in front of me?

Thanks Guys!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X