Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jwwatch is gd too ! around $40 but the best is they show you the watch's amplitude graph so u know the accuracy of the piece as well as if the watch needs servicing or not !

Comment

• Originally posted by nim
      I would choose rsc over other third party
      Me too but the problem is they are closed on weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by LSL View Post
        jwwatch is gd too ! around $40 but the best is they show you the watch's amplitude graph so u know the accuracy of the piece as well as if the watch needs servicing or not !
        Saw their website yesterday. Do u know whether I can witness the whole verification process? Thanks man

Comment

• jackjack what about Bonfield at Tanglin Halt ? they are ok too.....although i do not know r they open on weekend...visit their website & see

Comment

• not as much as RSC i suppose.......but important thing is timing r they open on weekends as our friend can only make it on the weekends

Comment

• i think more important than operation hours is whether you have trust and faith in the company and/or watch technician who is doing the verification process.

this is because what if after verified by technicians outside RSC who says it is ok and when you bring to RSC, RSC informs you that this part and/or that part is not original part, then how?

do note that the most important is that you need to trust them and understand the risks involved and learn to mitigate the risks.

generally i would go to RSC to verify whenever possible, however, there are occasions when i engage the services of technician who are not working in RSC.

Originally posted by LSL View Post
              not as much as RSC i suppose.......but important thing is timing r they open on weekends as our friend can only make it on the weekends
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Thanks bro LSL for the recommendation. Would try to find out a bit more on my part too. Just wanna ask if there's any trustworthy watch tech other than RSC because I finish my work typically at 630pm thereabouts. By the time park car, RSC will be closed.

Bro Nim, normally I would go to RSC and no where else. But now work really a bit busy.
                Bro triton, can I know who would you go to if u engage the service of technician outside RSC?

Thanks

Comment

• Hi,
                  If we buy watch from non AD like JW or Watch Arena etc, do we need to send the watch for verification too? I am wondering how does the non AD know that the watch they purchased from somewhere is real or flake. There maybe a chance that they also get con by the seller.

If it is required to send for verification, how does the process work? Buy 1st and send for verification later? What if later it is found that it is not genuine? Will the non AD honor to take back?

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Axela2012 View Post
                    Hi,
                    If we buy watch from non AD like JW or Watch Arena etc, do we need to send the watch for verification too? I am wondering how does the non AD know that the watch they purchased from somewhere is real or flake. There maybe a chance that they also get con by the seller.

If it is required to send for verification, how does the process work? Buy 1st and send for verification later? What if later it is found that it is not genuine? Will the non AD honor to take back?

Thanks
                    This has been asked and discussed over and over again here. The key is communication. When you intend to buy a watch from these shops, just inform the retailer that you will send it to verify authenticity and under what circumstances you will/not buy. Most often than not, these retailers will agree but you will have to be reasonable too. It is not fair if, after buying the watch today, you do the verification a week (or later) later, then return to ask for refund when something happens.

If you really need the verification, arrange that you can do it w/in a day or two. In case something goes wrong, your case is stronger if things turn out bad. Best is to talk it out before the purchase so there's no misunderstanding.

Good luck
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Hi,

Thanks to Odyssey24 & Oceanklassik.

The reason why I post such question is because when I do a search in this forum, I didn't manage to observe any one here highlighting that they get a fake watch from them. All I read is good comment from purchasing watch from them and they have advertised their website over here in this forum. Furthermore, I am only going to get a BNIB one from them. So, I am wondering whether it is still necessary to send the watch for verification or it is redundant.

If the BNIB is purchased from private dealer other then from those advertised here, I will surely send the watch for verification.

Lastly, from this forum, I also understand that RSC will retail the watch if after verification they found out that the watch is fake. In such situation, how am I going to bring back the watch to them to ask for refund?

Thanks

Comment

If the BNIB is purchased from private dealer other then from those advertised here, I will surely send the watch for verification
                        as it is easy because I can ask the seller to meet me together at RSC and verify together before I hand over the money upon confirmation it pass their test. As for dealer with shop, I doubt that they will follow me all the way to RSC to perform such verification task..

Thanks
                        Thanks

Comment

Hi,

Thanks to Odyssey24 & Oceanklassik.

The reason why I post such question is because when I do a search in this forum, I didn't manage to observe any one here highlighting that they get a fake watch from them. All I read is good comment from purchasing watch from them and they have advertised their website over here in this forum. Furthermore, I am only going to get a BNIB one from them. So, I am wondering whether it is still necessary to send the watch for verification or it is redundant.

If the BNIB is purchased from private dealer other then from those advertised here, I will surely send the watch for verification.

Lastly, from this forum, I also understand that RSC will retail the watch if after verification they found out that the watch is fake. In such situation, how am I going to bring back the watch to them to ask for refund?

Thanks
                          These companies have a shop front and most have been around for many years. IF the ROLEX Service Centre confiscates your watch, you can return to the shop to seek refund. I believe they will honor the transaction if such an incident arises.
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Now got lemon law so buyer got more protection. But cannot let this bastxxd retailer get off easily by just asking for refund. Retailers should make sure all parts are authentic when they re-sell it to customer. If fake parts are found, drop them a lawyer letter man. It is definitely cheaper than the price of the rolex you paid to them and who knows you can get bonus for emotional damage. And of course, let us knows but dun falsely accuse others or you be at the receiving end of the letter. Haha
                            sigpic

Comment

• nicely said iceheller bro. lol.

Comment

• well said
                                all dealers of fake watches, be it rolex or other brands, must be dealt with severely

Originally posted by Iceheller View Post
                                Now got lemon law so buyer got more protection. But cannot let this bastxxd retailer get off easily by just asking for refund. Retailers should make sure all parts are authentic when they re-sell it to customer. If fake parts are found, drop them a lawyer letter man. It is definitely cheaper than the price of the rolex you paid to them and who knows you can get bonus for emotional damage. And of course, let us knows but dun falsely accuse others or you be at the receiving end of the letter. Haha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X