This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advisory : Authentication (3rd Party)

Hi there, as authenticating at RSC is time consuming so trying to seek alternatives... I try to search through the forum to find relevant information but difficult to find so far..
    So kind soul here, please suggest directly good alternatives for watch authentication describing the "Shop name, charges and duration" thanks a lot....!

Comment

• Top hour at lucky plaza.

On the spot, if no Q.

Comment

• RSC alternatives

Hi,

Do any watch shops have the skill, parts or expertise to provide basic service (i.e. oil) for Rolex and not affect Tamper-Lock. Time is not off just a sticky crown. Out of warranty Yacht-Master.

Thanks
        Rolex Sub 16610
        Rolex Explorer 14270
        Rolex Yacht-Master 16622
        Rolex DJ 116200
        Patek Philippe 3820R
        It's hard to be a married watch collector

Comment

• i think a search will give you answers.

Originally posted by Spirro View Post
          Hi,

Do any watch shops have the skill, parts or expertise to provide basic service (i.e. oil) for Rolex and not affect Tamper-Lock. Time is not off just a sticky crown. Out of warranty Yacht-Master.

Thanks
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by Spirro View Post
            what is this tamper lock you speak of? (and since it's out of warranty, does it matter?)
            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

• There are unconfirmed mentions throughout the web that Rolex has installed a tamper proof mechanism requiring special tools or procedures if bypassed cause issue that need to be corrected by authorised dealer. I believe it could be complete bunk but a watch dealer in Rome said it was true. It was mentioned by the "Watch Snob" in an article. He/she may have started a nasty rumour or stated a little known fact.
              Rolex Sub 16610
              Rolex Explorer 14270
              Rolex Yacht-Master 16622
              Rolex DJ 116200
              Patek Philippe 3820R
              It's hard to be a married watch collector

Comment

There are unconfirmed mentions throughout the web that Rolex has installed a tamper proof mechanism requiring special tools or procedures if bypassed cause issue that need to be corrected by authorised dealer. I believe it could be complete bunk but a watch dealer in Rome said it was true. It was mentioned by the "Watch Snob" in an article. He/she may have started a nasty rumour or stated a little known fact.
                Never heard of it but if it's still under warranty naturally you got back RSC. But if not under warranty, even there's a tamper seal and it's broken, they will still service for you with charges of course. So what's the purpose of the "tamper seal/lock"? So far have not encounter Any problem with my watches for third party services.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks
                  If you believe in the tamper lock rumour, then you better head straight back to rsc. Else as what triton suggested and do a search.

Comment

• Yes, it cost$107. But that's their price from 3 yrs ago.

Comment

• purpose of 107 to SRC

i heard whenever we buy a watch from owners or shop. it is preferred to send it to SRC for authentication for 107 bucks... but what will it prove upon us paying the amount???

Comment

• there is a already a sticky thread here

thread close again

my suggestion is you read all the threads in Forum FAQ here

Originally posted by james2209 View Post
                        i heard whenever we buy a watch from owners or shop. it is preferred to send it to SRC for authentication for 107 bucks... but what will it prove upon us paying the amount???
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Hi, am new here, got a couple of questions to ask.

Will be collecting my new GMT on Monday and will need to resize the bracelet, very slim wrist. I presume from the info here that RSC will be able to help me do it even if its not a local piece? Anyone know what RSC charges for resizing? Alternatively, if I send it for authentication, will they throw in the resizing?

Thanks!

Comment

• Resizing is FOC : )

Besides RSC, u can go to any AD to do it too.

Comment

• went there yesterday and it took 3 hours (verification). Paid $107, receive a pouch and a cleaning cloth,

Comment

• Originally posted by terry79 View Post
                                went there yesterday and it took 3 hours (verification). Paid $107, receive a pouch and a cleaning cloth,
                                Expensive pouch and cleaning cloth but at least you got it, some people dont get anything except a receipt....

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X