Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in singapore, you are going to have no problems finding a rolex, so maybe move on and continue searching
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Bro, had the same problem before. What you ca do, is to ask your dealer to remove whatever item that is an aftermarket one, then send the rest of the watch in.

After the verification, get your guy to fit it back in
      There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Just continue searching la...

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by mmc View Post
          hi folks,

am keen in getting a 2nd hand rolex.. and wanted to arrange to meet the seller at rolex centre to authenticate the watch. however, the seller insisted tat its no use gg there as the bezel tat comes with the watch is not original. as such, rolex centre will not authenticate the watch.

is there any truth in this?

any other ways that i can be assured that the timepiece i'm getting is not a AAAA fake?

TIA!
          i'm really curious what kind of 3rd party bezel did your potential seller fit the rollie with.

u could try calling rsc and explain relate yr story before making yr way down. but if it's me, i'd forget it unless the bezel is encrsuted with diamonds. then again, the diamonds may end up as zirconia which oscalates into another issue all altogether so i'd say Bin The Idea and look elsewhere.
          Remnants of my irresponsibility:
          "Foreign affections"
          1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
          2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
          3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
          4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
          What's NEXT?

Comment

Oh yeah 1 thing u reminded me...about the diamonds.

Yes I think I would not recommend u to buy a watch with aftermarket diamonds. Though there are simple ways to find out with the diamonds is authentic,but u dunno wad kind of quality the diamonds are. So best that you dun get it,buy a original bezel would be better

Comment

Verification ... at Rolex center *phew*

GUys

Bought me first rollie, preowned turn-o-graph yesterday. Halfgold jubilee. Today asked the wifey to help sent for verfication. Counter lady at first said haven't seen one with a similar bezel before, wifey sweat liao. Luckily she asked them to proceed to check. Apparently the bezel changed hands before someone finally found something from the computer ... Glad they've veritifed it to be original in the end. Lady said a bit rare .. possible 1992. Ok lah .. can sleep at ease liao

Comment

Congrats congrats...pics pics pics...I want to see the bezel!! hahaha...

Enjoy ur watch though

Comment

congrats on your acquisitions.....do post some pics for our viewing pleasures.... cheers....
                  Rolex TT Submariner Date Blue Dial (Ref#116613LB)
                  Rolex Deep Sea Sea Dweller (Ref#116660)
                  Rolex 18K/SS Oyster Perpetual Datejust (Ref#16233)
                  Omega Seamaster 300M Chrono (Ref#2920.80.91)

Comment

MY first rollie

I think its a 16263 but the face may be not the same as when first purchased in 1992. Quite happy la. There was an explorer II slightly more but this matches the wife's

Attached Files

Comment

this tread is useless without pics.... at least now you know you got the real macoy
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Nice pc la. No worries n enjoy it. Cheers!
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by puppyonfire View Post

I think its a 16263 but the face may be not the same as when first purchased in 1992. Quite happy la. There was an explorer II slightly more but this matches the wife's

Ahhh finally...hahaha...oh I have seen this b4..quite rare I have to say hardly see this 1. CONGRATS

Comment

Verification @ RSC and other alternatives

Hi, I've been thinking about this for some time and hope to be enlightened.

It has always been that a buyer having to borne the watch verification fee of $75 at RSC for each sale transaction. How is this so? Why not the seller instead? Sorry for my ignorance but I've not experienced a private sale of this sort so I may lack the knowledge.

Why I asked? I was thinking, what IF, the watch is rejected by the agent? Reason may be that the watch is fake or something. Then now, the buyer backed out. So is the seller going to refund the $75 to the buyer? It may not be anybody's fault cos' the seller may have been duped in the previous purchase.

Just some thoughts. Thanks for sharing.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Why ah? It's simple,I can sell you the watch,but if you don't believe it's authentic you bring it and check yourself well that is not the sellers fault if the buyer has doubts in the seller. So it should not be the seller who pays for the $75.

FIRSTLY,if the seller knows that the watch is original,he doesn't have to worry at all. That is why usually sellers dare to put...if watch not authentic,they will refund the buyer. In the case that they blur blur also then too bad for the seller,he has to refund the buyer and look for the pervious seller.

But this kinda scenario is rare la

Comment

Ok I agree that it is the buyer's "want" for authentification rather than the seller, that the buyer has to pay. My concern is, WHAT IF, authentification proves otherwise? Is the seller then going to refund the verification fees to the buyer? If yes, then no problem.

This was raised from another post by someone who was asking about buying watches from pre-own shops. Similar concerns. Thanks.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X