This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ricnas1 View Post
    i'm not sure how this goes and if i'm even answering yr question...

1. when u send a watch in to get a quote for servicing charges, they will tell you that they will not bear the responsibility of the watch's waterproffness after they open the casing.....

2. but when u send for authentication, they will not say such a thing.. so i suppose they will have a machine/gauge test to actually press the case back into the watch properly...
    There won't be a serious problem actually if you use the proper tools and screw it back...of course in this case they do have the proper tools so there is actually no problem or difference in waterproofing as when you got it.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
      will call & ask rsc tom. must get to the bottom of tis once & for all.
      Thanks bro!
      Will like to know the outcome too!
      [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
      Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

For authentication, I doubt RSC will perform the so-called pressure test but I confirmed that there is an equipment in RSC to perform the test.

I do had this experience few years ago, I sent in my rolex for verification and at the same time I asked to replace the acrylic crystal. My watch came out with a report (the report is meant for their record and it won't issued to you) and the report chopped with a stamp "Waterproof" and the lady told me that your watch everything is original and it's waterproof / water resistance now.

I am guessing, if we send in our watch for verification and request for the pressure test, probably we need to pay an extra.

[I am pretty happy with the result because mine is a vintage watch. Normally vintage watch is no longer water resistance.]

Cheerio,

Comment

Originally posted by decksurgeon View Post
          (1) am very surprised. surely they should guarantee water proofness after a service. isnt this what the service of a watch is about in the first place? to put things right, back to near factory condition. usually the seals are changed after a service and the watch is tested with the ALC2000.

of course if the watch is vintage and has not waterproofness to start with in the first place, then this is not possible at all (eg. old vintage IWCs, vintage Omegas etc)

(2) - i'd expect that the watch be returned to the owner in the same waterproofness state even after the caseback is opened for verification. somehow it does not make sense to pay a provider for a fee to do a service (such as verification) to have you product returned to you worse off state than before. does anyone know what actually happens at RSC with regards to this matter?

pressing the caseback (usually screwing it back in the oyster case of rolex) is one thing - having the right tools definitely makes the job a lot easier for the operator. but the final test with a ALC 2000 still must be carried out after that to ensure that the watch is indeed waterproof.
          bro, u read my answer wrong... lol

1. its when u send the watch for a quotation for a service... not after service.

2. like i said... when u send for authentication, they wl not say anything abt the watch waterproofness being compromised.. but they will remark if u send the watch to get a quotation, they will remark that...

question is do they close it the same way or is there an extra step using the pressure testing equipment.... since u paid the verification fee.... but not everybody will pay to get the watch serviced....
          Rolex GMT Master 1675 16750 16760 16700
          Rolex Yachtmaster 16622
          Submariner 16610LV 16613
          Patek Aquanaut 5165A

Comment

ahhh.....thanks.
            understand what u trying to say now!

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              There won't be a serious problem actually if you use the proper tools and screw it back...of course in this case they do have the proper tools so there is actually no problem or difference in waterproofing as when you got it.
              Proper tools are important and so are the "hands" operating those tools. Human error occurs dude. And yes, we should get to the bottom of all these.
              Thanx.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Some info

I posted this in 'ROLEX in General' thread and thought it is also relevant to this thread. Just to share my first-hand experience. Thank you for reading.

http://sg-roc.com/showthread.php?p=56969#post56969

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

wanna ask.. if we pay da verification fee.. are we given a cert? or nothing will be given?
                  走在人挤人的走道 我问了自已
                  没有爱情的人是否会长命
                  坐在没有人的角落 我又问自已
                  究竟应该继续 还是该放弃
                  没有人能了解我 现在的心情
                  想看你 想躲你 难以决定

Comment

Originally posted by mleewh View Post
                    wanna ask.. if we pay da verification fee.. are we given a cert? or nothing will be given?
                    No cert

Just a receipt that states...you got chopped $75

Comment

the receipt "acts" as a certificate.
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

verification

Hi would like to seek opinion whether if getting a BNIB local AD complete set watch from an owner, is it necessary to go RSC for verification?(let say he have receipt to proved)thanks

Comment

If you ask me...I would say...dun waste money at RSC

but if it makes you feel better...by all means

Comment

Sometimes it calls for your own judgement, how much u trust the seller, if he's a super old bird (regular) in forum then quite safe. Having said that, times are bad, it's better be safe than sorry.....unless you know rolex well enough....

my 2 cents.....
                            Last edited by alexera; 07-11-08, 12:51 AM.

JLC / Omega / Sinn / Breitling / Baume & Mercier / Zenith / Rolex / Tag Heuer / Panerai / VC / Longines / Seiko / Citizen / Casio

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE.

Comment

bring to darkie lah!He can verify for you at a very special fee! I agreed with darkie,dun waste yr $75 dollars.Just send it over tell them watch stops after 2 days of wearing.Than they will chk for you free provided it is still cover under the 2 yrs warranty.

Comment

personally, i'd have RSC verify it's authenticity.
                                just to have that piece of mind...
                                anyway u've already spent thousands of $$$ on the watch, wat's $75 more??
                                just my 2 cents..
                                [B][I]There's no jewels or gems to compliment a man..
                                Only a perfect timepiece that should be worn on his wrist.. [/I][/B]

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X