Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

under all circumstances, i will still bring to RSC irregardless who the seller is. this is because i rather have a peace of mind. no disrespect to any sellers.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

$75 for Peace of mind and assurance is cheap.

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        under all circumstances, i will still bring to RSC irregardless who the seller is. this is because i rather have a peace of mind. no disrespect to any sellers.
        this is exactly what i will do. $75 for couple of thousand $ purchase is worth spending.

Comment

Just a thought...

If we buy brand new direct from AD, is there a need to send to RSC for verification? Are there ADs with not so high integrity who may switch parts or worst, sell a non so original rolex? Hypothetically, if it does happen how to resolve? AD can claim that the watch was tweaked by customer after sale.
          In The Bag
          Him
          Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
          Her
          Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
          Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

hi

I bought a ss 1601 black dial from a preown shop at people's park complex, just wonder how reliable are they, i am new to rolex.i got a receipt stated 1 rolex 1601 364628*. is there a need to verify? then how i know it's i am buying a 1601 with 1570 movement?
            Last edited by damienloh; 07-11-08, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elyjacob View Post
              Just a thought...

If we buy brand new direct from AD, is there a need to send to RSC for verification? Are there ADs with not so high integrity who may switch parts or worst, sell a non so original rolex? Hypothetically, if it does happen how to resolve? AD can claim that the watch was tweaked by customer after sale.
              buying new from ad no need to check. it is only those who are buying grey and preowned that feel the need to verify.
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Any place recommend to have it check other than rsc? how much roughly cost?

Comment

jw watch also does verification.
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i brought my GMT to JW to chk.Think it cost $35.He was really careful and did protection on the lugs to prevent scratches when removing / putting bk the bracelet.

Comment

• i thought of going to jw, they close early on saturday at 3pm. feel like going to rsc but weekdays close at 7pm. the place i bought is preown but registed company, gmt watches and jewellery. i am not trying to advertise for this company. don't know there a need or not. just asking around. asked them when last serviced also don't know.
                      Last edited by damienloh; 07-11-08, 11:11 PM.

Comment

• I would say...

There's no need for verification...just waste of money. Unless you really dun trust the seller..then you bring down to RSC for verification.

Well in the first place,you trust the seller that's why you buy what. THat's why I feel

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• well said darkangel. i bought it because love at first sight at the watch

Comment

• Originally posted by BOZZ View Post
                            Hi would like to seek opinion whether if getting a BNIB local AD complete set watch from an owner, is it necessary to go RSC for verification?(let say he have receipt to proved)thanks
                            Hi one method to save money is bring the watch to RSC, complaint to the service reception staff that the watch is moving too fast, many be 2 mins a day, of course you must make sure to set your watch faster, such as 5 mins. when they took the watch in for the technician, because in order to tune the watch they need to open up the case.. if it is not genuine they will tell in straight away.

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                            SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                            SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                            SS SD,
                            SS YM,
                            SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

• i buy the watch, because i like the watch not because i trust the seller because the seller is the only person who has the watch i want for sale @ the moment in time.

in all circumstances, there is always a chance that something will go wrong. if you willing to take the risk, then skip the authentication process.

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                              Well in the first place,you trust the seller that's why you buy what. THat's why I feel
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• i just need a ex rolex technician to check whether it's the original movement inside. and maybe to double check the case back gasket for water proofing. sunday any shop open?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X