Advisory : Authentication Rolex Watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolex Authenication at RSC

Hi! Anyone knows how long it takes to authenicate a Rolex watch at RSC? Less than 1 hour or more than an hour?
    Thanks!
    Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 116520 M
    Rolex GMT-Master II 116710 M
    Rolex GMT-Master I 16700 U
    Rolex Explorer II 16570 Z
    Rolex Air-King 114200 M
    Omega SeaMaster
    Tag Heuer 6000 series, 90's Swatch watches, Seikos and Russian watches

Comment

Originally posted by williamsgl View Post
      Hi! Anyone knows how long it takes to authenicate a Rolex watch at RSC? Less than 1 hour or more than an hour?
      Thanks!
      no queue = 15 to 20 mins

Comment

Thanks!
        Rolex Cosmograph Daytona 116520 M
        Rolex GMT-Master II 116710 M
        Rolex GMT-Master I 16700 U
        Rolex Explorer II 16570 Z
        Rolex Air-King 114200 M
        Omega SeaMaster
        Tag Heuer 6000 series, 90's Swatch watches, Seikos and Russian watches

Comment

called RSC

They said they will not guarantee that the watch will be waterproof after authentication. To check for waterproofing, you need to send in for servicing. In other words, if you want to make sure your watch is both authenticate and waterproof, send in for servicing

Comment

Originally posted by tigertail75 View Post
            called RSC

They said they will not guarantee that the watch will be waterproof after authentication. To check for waterproofing, you need to send in for servicing. In other words, if you want to make sure your watch is both authenticate and waterproof, send in for servicing
            So I guessed thats a confirmed answer on what I had asked when i started this thread... on top of the 75 bucks for the the authentication fees, we need to cough up extra bucks for the servicing fees, just so that we can have a complete peace of mind that the watch we purchase is authentic and it can withstand our little water indulgences that it says it can resist. In short, one would have to factor in these extra costs while buying pre-owned rolex..
            HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
            REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
              So I guessed thats a confirmed answer on what I had asked when i started this thread... on top of the 75 bucks for the the authentication fees, we need to cough up extra bucks for the servicing fees, just so that we can have a complete peace of mind that the watch we purchase is authentic and it can withstand our little water indulgences that it says it can resist. In short, one would have to factor in these extra costs while buying pre-owned rolex..
              Since Rolex will only accept in authentic watches for servicing then i guess the easiest way is to send it for servicing, in the process, they will have to open up your watch anyway to ensure that its a real Rolex that they are serviving. Fakes will easily be discerned and they will just reject it and refuse to service it.

I remember now, I have a couple of watches the other day which i sent for authentication, when the watches were returned none of the crowns are tightened at all and this is especially true for the daytona and i didn't noticed until i was going to wash my hands. Luckily noticed in time and tightened all the watches so its something to watch out for.
              Last edited by sngricky; 29-03-08, 02:35 AM. Reason: tightened

Comment

Wah! None of te crowns r tightend?! Wat kinda' svc is tis? Its like sending ur car for svc'g n te mechanic returns ur car wif all te fluid caps opend!! Piangz.
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  Wah! None of te crowns r tightend?! Wat kinda' svc is tis? Its like sending ur car for svc'g n te mechanic returns ur car wif all te fluid caps opend!! Piangz.
                  nice analogy. but im suprised that they wouldnt know if your watch is water proof. i would have thought that RSC would make sure that your watch in same condition as it went in.
                  [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                  Blue 6694
                  Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                  [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I say oredi. It's "water-resistance". Nt water proof.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Yes, today i went there again to authenticate another watch, service this time was better. Got a faxed reply yesterday about my complaint, saying they already tried, busy, they investigated, staff not to blame as i brought too many watches and thats why it took a long time.

My point of the whole thing was not the delay and time it was brought to me, it was the lack of service and the way things were done. The sales manager who sent the fax missed the point.

The lady basically was taking out on me because i was servicing so many watches at one go and when one was finished, she called me to the desk and i told her politely that i wanted to combine payment since with so many watches, it will be a hassle to keep sitting down, going back to the reception area once called and making payments so many times. So i told her that once all are ready, i will make a consolidated payment.

She scowled and asked me to go and sit then! What kind of service is this? And when i got back my watches, they were not even screwed down(didn't notice until i got back to office and went to the loo) She seemed to purposely held on to the watches after all of them were returned to the counter.(i observed the technicians)

Even though all were done, she didn't call me and instead attended to all and other customers for another 15 minutes before i went to her. She then said curtly, i have to write the forms for you, etc, yeah right, she only started writing when i walked over and the way she explained gave me the impression that she was trying to hide or give excuses. Well anyway, it is a solid fact that they didn't tighten all the crowns and only the crown for the datejust was screwed in a little.
                      Last edited by Darkangel; 29-03-08, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sngricky View Post
                        Yes, today i went there again to authenticate another watch, service this time was better. Got a faxed reply about my complaint, saying they already tried, busy, they investigated, staff not to blame as i brought too many watches and thats why it took a long time.

My point of the whole thing was not the delay and time it brought to me, it was the lack of service and the way things were done. The sales manager who sent the fax missed the point.

The lady basically was taking out on me because i was servicing so many watches at one go and when one was finished, she called me to the desk and i told her politely that i wanted to combine payment since with so many watches, it will be a hassle to keep sitting down, going back to the reception area once called and making payments so many times. So i told her that once all are ready, i will make a consolidated payment.

She scowled and asked me to go and sit then! What kind of service is this? And when i got back my watches, they were not even screwed down(didn't notice until i got back to office and went to the loo) She seemed to purposely held on to the watches after all of them were returned to the counter.(i observed the technicians)

Even though all were done, she didn't call me and instead attended to all and other customers for another 15 minutes before i went to her. She then said curtly, i have to write the forms for you, etc, yeah right, she only started writing when i walked over and the way she explained gave me the impression that she was trying to hide or give excuses. Well anyway, it is a solid fact that they didn't tighten all the crowns and only the crown for the datejust was screwed in a little.
                        i said before, buying rolex is like buying merc. you prepare to kena get choped by the service centre, and also they only respect your money, and not you. my father hate to go to that place, even to just pick up watch when im busy. he find the people there a bit snobby.
                        Blue 6694
                        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by sngricky View Post
                          My point of the whole thing was not the delay and time it was brought to me, it was the lack of service and the way things were done. The sales manager who sent the fax missed the point.
                          do you think they miss the point or they purposely evade the issue?
                          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                          1. subject heading indicating your issue
                          2. your nick
                          3. your corresponding email address
                          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                            he find the people there a bit snobby.
                            i would have to agree with you. there are many ways to deal with them. just need to find the appropriate method.
                            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                            1. subject heading indicating your issue
                            2. your nick
                            3. your corresponding email address
                            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

any tips or ideas? would be eager to read and try. i personally find the staff OK... so far they are not rude to me personally or anything, so I cannot comment personally, but I have seen instances where the staff was rude to others (inc. my old man)
                              Blue 6694
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Advisory : Preown Rolex - Authentication/Verification & Warranty

Dear all

i have visited one pre-owned watch dealer (in people park complex, not Peng Gwee.) they are selling M series GMT2c (less than 3mths old proclaim by the dealer) without warranty card but with original box and full links? is 13 links = to full links

they told me that if u bring the watch to rolex center, they (ROC) will know that, this watch is still under warranty if they refer to the series nos, no need to have the card.

they are giving 10% buy back after 1yr.

So any comments guys?
                                Last edited by triton; 22-09-08, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X