No announcement yet.

Advisory : Authentication Rolex Watches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alot of noob questions but feeling jittery in plunging so much money on my first rolly!

Comment

You can bring it to RSC and tell them that the watch is inaccurate and wants them to check on it.

They will open up and check everything and then tell you if the watch is ok. If there are parts which is not original, they will also tell you.

The best thing is FOC just need to spend time there.

Comment

Thanks jskywalker! I will do just that and saving my $75 and making full use of its warranty period!

Comment

Noob Question about Pre-Owned Rolex

Pls bear with my noob qn about getting a used Rolex. If 2 watches are of the same condition and age, what would be roughly the price (in absolute value or %) difference if one comes only with cert and another comes complete with cert and full original packaging?

For full packaging, I understand there is the inner and outer boxes, warranty cert (or card), manuals, rolex tag... did i miss out anything? for the rolex tag, does every watch have both tags (red and blue)?

Comment

Originally posted by jamester View Post
            Pls bear with my noob qn about getting a used Rolex. If 2 watches are of the same condition and age, what would be roughly the price (in absolute value or %) difference if one comes only with cert and another comes complete with cert and full original packaging?

For full packaging, I understand there is the inner and outer boxes, warranty cert (or card), manuals, rolex tag... did i miss out anything? for the rolex tag, does every watch have both tags (red and blue)?
            yes, both red and green tag.
            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Very subjective qns. It's dependent on models as well as age of the watches. I'm nt sure of exact value/percentage but shld nt be too much, roughly w/in $50-$100 range?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Very slight but wads the possibility of finding 2 identical watch with same condition if preowned

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

usually i would ask for

1) when was last service done.

2) opening of case back to check possibility of rust

3) examine the watch under a X10 loupe

4) cleaniness of the watch (exterior)

do not judge from its exterior condition only also. once case back open is usually when u can sort out the difference.
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

depends on model and what is to you consisdered a major difference in terms of price. 500 considered little, blah blah blah.

if its those vintage ones, no B&P can still fetch a reasonable price.

For newer models thats easily obtainable, no B&P will affect your price drastically. Do not be fooled when the seller tells you no B&P never mind.

e.g
                    16800 no B&P might still be able to sell at 6-7k

DRSD can sell way above 8k even if no B&P?

GMTIIc no B&P, do you think you would buy if sold at 7.6-8k as per one that has B&P? Most prob you might have to drop the price to below 7.5 or even less in order to make it more attractive. So now qn of threshold comes into play. is that 300-500 bucks difference considered slight to you? to me its alot

Actually, box not really critical. Its the papers, tags, toolkit if any, etc)\.
                    I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

• tks for your inputs everyone!

Comment

• Authentication by PawnShop

Hi Bro,

Newbie here asking fellow brother for opinion.

Can I say that the Rolex is Authentic when the pawnshop accept it and offer about 50% of the rolex market price?.

Rgd
                        Topgan
                        Rolex TT DJ
                        Tag Heuer, Aquaracer
                        Tag Heuer, Pro 2000
                        Omega Seamaster
                        Lumi.Nox, 3100
                        TITUS, Automatic
                        Seiko 5
                        Seiko, quatz, 6530-5450

Comment

• If pawn shop can accept at 50% market price... chances of the watch is real but they can't be 100% sure that ALL parts are original... so be careful...

Comment

• Originally posted by topgan View Post
                            Hi Bro,

Can I say that the Rolex is Authentic when the pawnshop accept it and offer about 50% of the rolex market price?.

Rgd
                            Topgan
                            You dun hav to go to a pawn shop u can go to a preowned dealer....

It means 99% chance no problem...1% chance if u think REALLY FAR

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

• better to think further than not enough
                              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                              Blue 6694
                              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

• Originally posted by topgan View Post
                                Hi Bro,

Rgd
                                Topgan
                                No.
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X