Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Named / Unnamed Warranty

Hi all,

Just wondering, seems like some bros here request the warranty card to be undated and unnamed (when purchasing new rolex)...

Now wad is the benefit of undated warranty card? i know that unnamed is good for later on when u wanna sell it, but undated? does that mean u can extend the warranty? not sure about it...

All help n info from the lao jiaos are greatly appreciated... Thanks

it is in a way extending warranty. considering V series starting jan 09. assuming it ends jan 2010. if you buy a watch in feb 09 and it is undated, u can always say u bought it 2010.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

hi bro triton

can check with u cos i wounder if the warranty card to be undated and unnamed n if watch is taken to RSC to verfication will the warranty start ?? or RSC just simply base on the warrenty card written date ??

Comment

Originally posted by limtedd View Post
        Hi all,

Just wondering, seems like some bros here request the warranty card to be undated and unnamed (when purchasing new rolex)...

Now wad is the benefit of undated warranty card? i know that unnamed is good for later on when u wanna sell it, but undated? does that mean u can extend the warranty? not sure about it...

All help n info from the lao jiaos are greatly appreciated... Thanks
        Un named is coz some people are more picky and want the watch to be named THEIR own...

Undated is to extend warranty abit

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

anyone flash a undated warranty for their vintage at RSC before? :P
          I'm a super low-baller

Comment

hehehe...wad is vintage....from 20yrs ago?
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

dunno about rolex and it practices...........

but this is how richmont and other groups do it now in the wake of more dodgy warranty claims being presented.

Undated and unstamped to me is never a good thing.
              - you dont know how many times the watch has been 'flipped' or sold.
              - you dont know the origin (no dealer stamp)
              - you dont know really how old it could really be
              for all you know it chould have passed thru 4 owners and be 3 years old but listed as "BNIB" cos it just looks BNIB.

IWC and other service centers locally and worldwide centers are smart to this nonsense of someone bringing in a >2 year old watch with an open warranty that just "dated" 6 mths ago to try to make a claim.

The watch companies are not stupid - they can track the production date with the serial number and they will know you are trying to pull a fast one.

Fast fwd to present day, companies like IWC and other now insist that the retailer dates the warranty at point of sale. on some of the latest cards you will see that the retailers name is already printed on the warranty card so the retailer cannot "forget" to chop and if no date is written, the service center know which retailer is responsible for this lapse in protocol.

other companies have even tougher measures when things get out of hand. once sold from the shop the retailer must fax a copy of the date warranty card to the brand's office.

your call on the open warranty - personally i will pass on it for all the reasons above. the times where you could get away with this are over cos the brands are tightening aftersales control.

In europe and other honest retailers worldwide. there is a lot less of this 'open' warranty nonsense. the top end EU retailers are very professional and will stamp and do the proper point of sale procedures to protect the brands and to give the customer confidence that the watch is covered adequately by a manufacturers warranty that is honourable.

my 2 cents on this

Comment

therefore in short to answer your question..... No Benefit .

hope you find this info useful.

perhaps someone with real world experience on RSC can chip in on the practices there?

Comment

Of course they aren't that dumb. Even if u want to back date the warranty card...cannot make it too far and obvious.

There should be a dealer stamp in this case of the undated and unnamed.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

what decksurgeon said is correct on undated.

however, i always insist on dealer stamp. this is because at least you know it is bought @ authorised shop.

to me, unnamed is most impt especially when u have intention to flip. the next owner would prefer to have the ability to write their name on it
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Will they write their name on it?

I wrote my name on it only when those ADs salesperson act like refuse to give me the card if I refuse to write my name on it....

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      what decksurgeon said is correct on undated.

however, i always insist on dealer stamp. this is because at least you know it is bought @ authorised shop.

to me, unnamed is most impt especially when u have intention to flip. the next owner would prefer to have the ability to write their name on it

Comment

My point of view is that it is better to have it un-named or named under yours so that next time, when pass to the next generation, the family value is in it.
                        Current

Rolex DSSD
                        Rolex SD
                        Pam 162
                        Pam 351
                        Tudor Hydronaut
                        Fortis 24hrs Automatic
                        Seiko Sumo Automatic

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                          it is in a way extending warranty. considering V series starting jan 09. assuming it ends jan 2010. if you buy a watch in feb 09 and it is undated, u can always say u bought it 2010.
                          The moment after you bought the watch from an AD, don't they update their database that this watch with this serial number has been sold on this date?
                          Simplicity, an encapsulation of complexity.

Comment

according to a AD, they will fax the details back to the brand. u can always cite some reason why there is a lapse and they will usually accept it. though the reason cited must be credible and not some far fetched reason. but dont extend like 10 years later, where they know that the production dates is way off from the time likely to be bought.

Originally posted by weizhen77 View Post
                            The moment after you bought the watch from an AD, don't they update their database that this watch with this serial number has been sold on this date?

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

Think it gives buyer more confidence if the AD shop is printed on it.

Dated and undated, the different in extended warranty is a few extra months

For luxurious watches, i dont think they will be so picky if the warranty ends 1-2 months before u sent for repair...

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X