No announcement yet.

Named / Unnamed Warranty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Named and Dated Warranty Card - Good/Bad?

Hi,

If I'm buying a used watch that is "named" (ie. has someone's name), can i remove it using thinner or something on the card? Do I need to go RSC to re-register myself as an owner?

Also, if the card is "undated", is it good or bad? RSC will take the 2 years warranty based on what is written on the card right? If you have a Z or M series watch with undated cert, it is better to just stamp a date on it?

Finally, as long as watch is genuine even if it's from some small unknown watch retailer in some small country, RSC will still service right?

Sorry if these questions have been asked but can't seem to find it in the sticky or recent posts.

Comment

Originally posted by stektan View Post
      Hi,

If I'm buying a used watch that is "named" (ie. has someone's name), can i remove it using thinner or something on the card? Do I need to go RSC to re-register myself as an owner?

Also, if the card is "undated", is it good or bad? RSC will take the 2 years warranty based on what is written on the card right? If you have a Z or M series watch with undated cert, it is better to just stamp a date on it?

Finally, as long as watch is genuine even if it's from some small unknown watch retailer in some small country, RSC will still service right?

Sorry if these questions have been asked but can't seem to find it in the sticky or recent posts.
      1) There is no need to remove the person's name in anyway because it would not void warranty. It's just for formality to be honest. RSC will take down the name of the person who brought the watch in,not the name on the warranty card.

2) If it's undated...it's good! You can extend your warranty alittle bit...say a few more months...not too long though...they are not stupid

3) Yes as long as it's an AD stamp no problem where you bought it from...doesn't mean that buying from a bigger country = better or safer

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
        1) There is no need to remove the person's name in anyway because it would not void warranty. It's just for formality to be honest. RSC will take down the name of the person who brought the watch in,not the name on the warranty card.

2) If it's undated...it's good! You can extend your warranty alittle bit...say a few more months...not too long though...they are not stupid

3) Yes as long as it's an AD stamp no problem where you bought it from...doesn't mean that buying from a bigger country = better or safer
        Theres a very very big country starting with C de. Got people buy le come back still send for authen. weird...
        I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Question, M series, un-name -undated warrenty card, how can we justify how much warranty is left. If, wrote a date like april-may 2009 for the M series, will they ask when sent for servicing in 1 year time ?

Comment

Originally posted by kengoh View Post
            Question, M series, un-name -undated warrenty card, how can we justify how much warranty is left. If, wrote a date like april-may 2009 for the M series, will they ask when sent for servicing in 1 year time ?
            no, as some ppl still buys M series Watch now. As long as the warranty card is stamped by the AD.
            Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Unexpired named warranty

I always wonder if unexpired warranty of a preowned watch you bought is valid at RSC in Singapore even if the name on the warranty is not yours.

Could I ask if any of you have experience on this, or have verified with RSC? Thanks much

Comment

Originally posted by hst View Post
                I always wonder if unexpired warranty of a preowned watch you bought is valid at RSC in Singapore even if the name on the warranty is not yours.

Could I ask if any of you have experience on this, or have verified with RSC? Thanks much
                The name doesn't have to match...doesn't matter.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Thanks! Useful

Comment

named mis-matched is ok. most important is serial number on paper/card match the watch serial.

Originally posted by hst View Post

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

what about country? malaysia bought rolex can be guaranteed at sg rsc?

Comment

yes. it is still under warranty with sg rsc.

however, i have not known of any rolex failing within first 3 years.
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Thanks, Triton

Comment

what happens when we bring in a watch with undated warranty card for authentication or warranty claims.. should we write a date first? what happens if we leave the card undated?

anyone with any experience in this? thx!
                            In The Bag
                            Him
                            Tissot PR100 AutoQuartz T14.1.489.11, Longines Dolce Vita L56554736, Rolex SS Submariner 16610, Rolex Explorer II 16570, Glycine Airman SST 06 Ref:3856.186-D8, Seiko Blue Ti Samurai SBDA003, Diver SKX007J, Black Sumo SBDC001, Tuna Can SBBN007, Orange Monster SKX781, Vintage Diver 6309-7040, Vintage Bellmatic 4006-7002
                            Her
                            Tissot PR50 T27.2.281.13, Longines Dolce Vita L51584736

Next Target
                            Damned! My wife's list is not growing...Rolex MOP Datejust for Missus...

Comment

Would a pre-owned watch with paper (dated e.g 2002 --> warranty expired) = sell at higher price?

Anyway, people still send to RSC for authentication

Comment

Originally posted by wjunkie View Post
                                Would a pre-owned watch with paper (dated e.g 2002 --> warranty expired) = sell at higher price?

Anyway, people still send to RSC for authentication
                                Not really, a preowned piece with paper commands its price according to its model.

And ppl send watch to RSC as fakes are too much this days.
                                Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X