No announcement yet.

Rolex Service Centre Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sounds like a great idea for the consumers. But this will not go down well with the staff/technicians of the ROLEX Service Centre (RSC). Even if they are forced to do that (if at all), the company will put in place certain disclaimers to protect their staff. As it is now, the time taken to repair/service, even simple jobs, is already taking a long time. If this initiative ever takes place, can you imagine how long (price may even increase further) a simple watch servicing at RSC would take?
    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
      Oh dear

So, what is the RSC going to do about it? Or what do you intend to do? Can you not withhold payment? Or was it free service?

This is clearly unacceptable
      Well, RSC offered to have the scratched components replaced, which includes watch case, caseback & clasp. However, I will not accede to the watch case replacement given that this will result in a change in serial number, and polishing will be out of the question since it will remove metal and affect the original contour of the watch.

Watch is literally <1 week old so everything falls within warranty. I have given the go ahead to replace the scratched caseback as well as clasp. Mid-case will remain untouched. I can't think of any further recourse I can receive. Service credits? No way I'm heading back to RSC again unless it's something dire.

Bottom line, I have to live with the scratch on the mid case because of RSC incompetence in handling a brand new watch with care. Imagine this is akin to the exact same frustration of anyone sending in your 1 day old brand new car to the dealer to install whatever camcorder/solar film but received a dink on the body panel in return.

Rolex is a brand of great manufacture repute. Sadly, the Singapore's after sales service by our own local watch technicians are just not up to standard. Either they (ah pek watch technicians) need a watch handling 101 refresher course from Geneva or if they don't take pride in the work they do by treating customer's timepiece with care, they should just consider retiring and let the next generation take over. Their attitude is plain disgusting, who hands over a greasy looking watch to a customer after servicing?!!?

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
        maybe it is time for RSC to implement taking of photos of the watch before and after.
        They should do so in front of the client! At least that's how they do it at AP. Cover each other's ass and it provides everyone with more accountability!

Comment

• Originally posted by pp_hz View Post
          Well, RSC offered to have the scratched components replaced, which includes watch case, caseback & clasp. However, I will not accede to the watch case replacement given that this will result in a change in serial number, and polishing will be out of the question since it will remove metal and affect the original contour of the watch.

Watch is literally <1 week old so everything falls within warranty. I have given the go ahead to replace the scratched caseback as well as clasp. Mid-case will remain untouched. I can't think of any further recourse I can receive. Service credits? No way I'm heading back to RSC again unless it's something dire.

Bottom line, I have to live with the scratch on the mid case because of RSC incompetence in handling a brand new watch with care. Imagine this is akin to the exact same frustration of anyone sending in your 1 day old brand new car to the dealer to install whatever camcorder/solar film but received a dink on the body panel in return.

Rolex is a brand of great manufacture repute. Sadly, the Singapore's after sales service by our own local watch technicians are just not up to standard. Either they (ah pek watch technicians) need a watch handling 101 refresher course from Geneva or if they don't take pride in the work they do by treating customer's timepiece with care, they should just consider retiring and let the next generation take over. Their attitude is plain disgusting, who hands over a greasy looking watch to a customer after servicing?!!?
          The RSC has offered to REPLACE your scratched parts .. and you did not want (all of) it .. I empathize with your situation

I agree that you should not polish the mid-case since the watch is still so new, but personally, I would want the mid-case replaced. At the end of the day, the serial number is merely a set of numbers for ROLEX to identify their parts. And getting a new mid-case does not disadvantage you in any way, since there's no cost and RSC had made that offer to you. It would also mean that in their records, they had to replace certain parts of your watch due to their 'carelessness' (if they are honest to report truthfully), for free. The only reason that replacement of parts should not be encouraged is if the watch is a vintage model.

I've been thinking about this for years; is there any official and public channel to ROLEX HQ wrt issues like this? If not, is there any consumer protection laws that we can seek recourse for such a case, or for future cases? Your case is not unique and I have heard, and personally, seen few cases of poor QC with not just RSC, but other major companies such as Panerai, Zenith, Luminox, etc.

Let's hope this turns out well for you. Do keep us updated of the developments if you can. Share some photos with us too.

Take care
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Originally posted by pp_hz View Post
            They should do so in front of the client! At least that's how they do it at AP. Cover each other's ass and it provides everyone with more accountability!
            Oh, AP does that? I think this is professional and most if not all lux watch brands should adopt this. I know this is standard practice in the automobile industry that when you send in your car to the agent's service centre, the service mgr would walk thru' with you to inspect the car for visible, external "defects" (scratches/dings/dents) before getting your acknowledgment of them.

And I strongly feel that RSC, and all other watch brands, should do the same. After all, the amount of money these watch companies are charging for service and repair, as well as the long waiting time, should more than justify a higher level of service and quality control.
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Shouldn't have to pay for damage caused by them, seem to sound picky on what they will touch and not touch.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                The RSC has offered to REPLACE your scratched parts .. and you did not want (all of) it .. I empathize with your situation

I agree that you should not polish the mid-case since the watch is still so new, but personally, I would want the mid-case replaced. At the end of the day, the serial number is merely a set of numbers for ROLEX to identify their parts. And getting a new mid-case does not disadvantage you in any way, since there's no cost and RSC had made that offer to you. It would also mean that in their records, they had to replace certain parts of your watch due to their 'carelessness' (if they are honest to report truthfully), for free. The only reason that replacement of parts should not be encouraged is if the watch is a vintage model.

I've been thinking about this for years; is there any official and public channel to ROLEX HQ wrt issues like this? If not, is there any consumer protection laws that we can seek recourse for such a case, or for future cases? Your case is not unique and I have heard, and personally, seen few cases of poor QC with not just RSC, but other major companies such as Panerai, Zenith, Luminox, etc.

Let's hope this turns out well for you. Do keep us updated of the developments if you can. Share some photos with us too.

Take care
                Well went back to RSC and gotten the following:
                - Caseback replaced
                - Clasp replaced

I chose to retain the mid-case since I just want to ensure that the serial number of my watch and the guarantee card tally the same. The 3 scratches on the mid-case near the lugs are all visible at a few wrist angle. Unfortunately, this is the price to pay for being naive and a stern reminder on how I should avoid the next RSC trip unless necessary.

I am still deliberating on the mid-case change but I guess I might just sell this Sub-Date away in years to come when the new Sub-Date with the 3235 movement hits the market. Watch is barely 2 weeks old but I will just have to make do with the blemishes that is rather jarring, because you know it's there....

Comment

• If those remaining scratches on the mid-case aren't that deep, you may consider to use Cape Cod polishing cloth to lightly polish them away? Be mindful that the cloth can only be used on polished surfaces.
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• Just wonder, if the service of the Rolex Centre in Singapore is so bad, than why no complain to the HQ in Switzerland ?

I had similar problems with one of my higher Panerai watches. I send it Three times (3) to the Singapore Service Centre and it came back with scratched bezel and a damaged movement.
                    I did contact Panerai Service Centre in Switzerland and explained the whole situation. They told Panerai Singapore to send the watch to Switzerland instead, since the local Service Centre guys are not able to fix it.

It will take 14 weeks but I can't wait to see the result.

Cheers,
                    FlyingTiger

PS Who else is providing a good Rolex service here in SIN ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mell View Post
                      Just to share personal experience for my first visit to RSC, especially having read the inputs by many here. Also it maybe useful to some of us whom had yet to visit the RSC. Be warned that it's quite a long story.

Firstly, gotta say that I'm not a particular fan of Rolex. However, was handed a Rolex OysterDate Precision (ref. 6694) owned by my late grandfather. It is old and the exterior doesn't look well maintained. But miraculously the watch still functions very well (impressed by Rolex movement). For remembrance sake, decided to bring it to RSC to service the movement and clean up, though I knew it's gonna cost a bomb.

The customer service staff are polite. After 10 min, I was told that due to some rust, the technician couldn't open the caseback. They would have to send it to 2nd floor to force open it. In doing so, they may break the case! Was in a dilemma cos no intention to change a new case (it's not about the money). But agreed to proceed cos no choice, else how to service the movement and also the staff told me they would be more careful with it.

Invited to the collection area to wait and was served orange juice. Another 15min wait (quite nerve wrecking). When I next saw the watch, the case was still in one piece (thank god!) and the movement looks great. But more bad news await. The bracelet has several hairline cracks (due to rust) and RSC refused to accept it. The customer service staff was very eager to show me the hairline cracks on the bracelet and in doing so she broke one of the links! I don't mind getting a new bracelet, but give me the original bracelet back in one piece. I was in fact wearing it for the past few days.

To make the story short, RSC would try to fix the broken link (pray hard they don't cause more destruction) and return the original bracelet back when the watch is ready for collection. In all, total damage is $1169. $500 for overhaul, $44 for new hands and $625 for bracelet. It would take 3 weeks.

Could have add another $500 to get another better condition 6646. But for remembrance sake, it's ok for me. Getting another just wouldn't be the same. Btw, the watch is made in 1969 (older than me).

Apart from its movement, I'm also impressed with the customer service of RSC. At least I can see they try to provide good service.

Thanks for reading.
                      The RSC service is very expensive.

Comment

• Originally posted by csyang33 View Post
                        The RSC service is very expensive.
                        Thanks everyone for sharing your experience and comments. It very informative.

I guess unless really no choice. Otherwise, i try not to go to RSC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Watchmenn19 View Post
                          wat the cost for servicing Sub SS??
                          Hmm

Comment

• Authentication

Hi...may I know if Rolex centre Spore still does authentication of rolex watch? Thx in advance.

Comment

• Originally posted by wegona View Post
                              Hi...may I know if Rolex centre Spore still does authentication of rolex watch? Thx in advance.
                              Not sure. You want to try calling them?

https://www.rolex.com/rolex-dealers/...lexdealers.com
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• RSC is always the best!

RSC is always the best!

Best service at affordable price!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X