No announcement yet.

Rolex Service Centre Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for piggyback here. New member and new owner.

May I know if bring in watch to service centre need to bring warranty card for verification?
    GMT Master II - 116710LN (Dec 2013)
    Datejust II - 116334BLRO (Jan 2015)

Comment

• When I sent mine in, it took more than a day. The lady called me to inform me that it was a bit longer than usual because it was a vintage piece. She said I need not worry as the watch was ok, it was old so they had to check "some thing" with Geneva.

When I collected the watch, I asked about how they verified the watch, she said they opened it up, checked that all the parts were original, sent it to Geneva to confirm (I asked sent what to Geneva, she said serial numbers etc, some pictures).

There you go. Happy New Year to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by nelsonhtb View Post
        Sorry for piggyback here. New member and new owner.

May I know if bring in watch to service centre need to bring warranty card for verification?

help to up this question

Comment

• Originally posted by nelsonhtb View Post

No need you don't need to bring money too haha bcos you only need to pay when collecting, haha Happy New Year! My first post in 2014

Comment

• depends on you bring watch to service center for what purpose
            for authentication, parts replacement (eg buy new bracelet, or change crystal) and polishing, no need to bring warranty card as these are not covered by warranty, need to pay
            for regulating movement or for repair of movement (eg if movement inaccurate or watch cant be wind), bring warranty card

Originally posted by nelsonhtb View Post

Comment

• Hi, i m a newbie here.
              Just got hold of an preown gmt 2 recently...nver get it authentic by rsc..but i brought it there to do some repair. Am correct to say if they accept the watch & did the repair, am i quite safe to say that pc is authenic?

Comment

• Originally posted by ErnestSim View Post
                Hi, i m a newbie here.
                Just got hold of an preown gmt 2 recently...nver get it authentic by rsc..but i brought it there to do some repair. Am correct to say if they accept the watch & did the repair, am i quite safe to say that pc is authenic?
                when you make payment for an overhaul, you can be assured that what they return back to you is 100% rolex genuine parts.
                “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

• Originally posted by chiamcc View Post
                  Think the parts in their check list will be casing, movement, dial, hands, bezel, crystal and band/bracelet; they will at least make sure these parts are genuine Rolex. If any of these happen to be aftermarket, they will inform you verbally when you collect the watch.
                  RSC hates having to touch vintage rolex watches, so if you're "authenticating" a modern watch (especially models sold since the millennium), the quote above is probably correct.

RSCs have been known to make errors with crystals and other parts on older watches before (both ways).

a re-dial on a vintage model (using a genuine plate) is still a rolex part. but they would have to remove the dial (remove movement, remove hands, take the dial out) to inspect the rear of it carefully to ascertain the dial is genuine. i doubt they do that.

what about aftermarket diamonds set into an original plain gold bezel? older gold bezels are unmarked at the rear. how will a rolex tech know without removing more stuff?

i personally know someone who sent in a 16610 sub with an aftermarket crystal without cyclops into RSC before. no issue raised by the staff.
                  “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

• Originally posted by sty13 View Post
                    depends on you bring watch to service center for what purpose
                    for authentication, parts replacement (eg buy new bracelet, or change crystal) and polishing, no need to bring warranty card as these are not covered by warranty, need to pay
                    for regulating movement or for repair of movement (eg if movement inaccurate or watch cant be wind), bring warranty card
                    Thanks for reply.
                    GMT Master II - 116710LN (Dec 2013)
                    Datejust II - 116334BLRO (Jan 2015)

Comment

• Thanks bro

Comment

• Originally posted by taxico View Post
                        RSC hates having to touch vintage rolex watches, so if you're "authenticating" a modern watch (especially models sold since the millennium), the quote above is probably correct.

RSCs have been known to make errors with crystals and other parts on older watches before (both ways).

a re-dial on a vintage model (using a genuine plate) is still a rolex part. but they would have to remove the dial (remove movement, remove hands, take the dial out) to inspect the rear of it carefully to ascertain the dial is genuine. i doubt they do that.

what about aftermarket diamonds set into an original plain gold bezel? older gold bezels are unmarked at the rear. how will a rolex tech know without removing more stuff?

i personally know someone who sent in a 16610 sub with an aftermarket crystal without cyclops into RSC before. no issue raised by the staff.
                        What you say may be true but if I choose to authenticate my watch at RSC, I choose to believe in what they say; even if they do make mistakes sometimes (but who can guarantee outside technicians who charge lower won't?).

Of course sending a watch for a complete overhaul @ RSC can be assured of 100% genuine Rolex parts but I think that is too costly for an authentication purpose.

Cheers.

Comment

• Sent a black bay for regulation, not very good but not very bad experience. meh.

Comment

• RSC Damaged my 4 days old Sub Date

I am not sure where to air my unhappiness. This is my first time owning a Rolex and it took Hour Glass quite sometime to get me a piece of the 116610LN. I have owned several watches from other makers like Panerai, JLC & AP, all of them had provided me with a good watch servicing experience, especially AP.

3 August (Thursday) - Bought my Sub Date on from THG. Removed protective stickers, planning to wear the watch on Monday. Sadly, realised that the bezel alignment is off-centre.

7 August (Monday) - Wore the watch for the first time and sent it into RSC at Tong Building. Wrist time 2 hours.

10 August (Thursday) - Collected the watch and it glistened with FRESH SCRATCHES over the case back and the bracelet.

It was infuriating to have them insinuate that I had put these scratches on by myself prior to sending them in and they offered to remove the scratches on the caseback and clasp. They had the caseback scratches partially removed but in the process they put in more scratches on it. I am aware that scratches are a part and parcel of watch ownership and I really do not mind having them if these scratches are put on by MYSELF. And having the watch mutilated when it's barely a week old is just unacceptable into my new world of Rolex ownership.

Battle scars upon eventual collection:
                            1. Caseback: circular scratches
                            2. Clasp: Scuff mark on the edges
                            3. Case: scratches on the case

There were at least 3 staff who had attended to this incident and not only do they seem unapologetic for their deplorable watch servicing ability, they do not seem motivated to provide any form of recourse too. What I received from their end was "What do you plan to do about the scratches Sir?"

I know that asking for a brand new watch case, caseback and bracelet (Effectively a new watch) is going to be quite tough, hence I hope that they will at least attempt to make up by providing a new case back as well as a new bracelet, installed under the strictest supervision.

I hope this will serve as a BIG RED warning for those who intend to send in their brand new Rolex into RSC to rectify little issues that we can potentially live with. The bezel alignment was slightly off but I could have lived with it. And now, it's going to be an ensuing days of arguments with RSC to have this rectified.

Comment

• Oh dear

So, what is the RSC going to do about it? Or what do you intend to do? Can you not withhold payment? Or was it free service?

This is clearly unacceptable
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

• maybe it is time for RSC to implement taking of photos of the watch before and after.

Originally posted by pp_hz View Post
                                I am not sure where to air my unhappiness. This is my first time owning a Rolex and it took Hour Glass quite sometime to get me a piece of the 116610LN. I have owned several watches from other makers like Panerai, JLC & AP, all of them had provided me with a good watch servicing experience, especially AP.

3 August (Thursday) - Bought my Sub Date on from THG. Removed protective stickers, planning to wear the watch on Monday. Sadly, realised that the bezel alignment is off-centre.

7 August (Monday) - Wore the watch for the first time and sent it into RSC at Tong Building. Wrist time 2 hours.

10 August (Thursday) - Collected the watch and it glistened with FRESH SCRATCHES over the case back and the bracelet.

It was infuriating to have them insinuate that I had put these scratches on by myself prior to sending them in and they offered to remove the scratches on the caseback and clasp. They had the caseback scratches partially removed but in the process they put in more scratches on it. I am aware that scratches are a part and parcel of watch ownership and I really do not mind having them if these scratches are put on by MYSELF. And having the watch mutilated when it's barely a week old is just unacceptable into my new world of Rolex ownership.

Battle scars upon eventual collection:
                                1. Caseback: circular scratches
                                2. Clasp: Scuff mark on the edges
                                3. Case: scratches on the case

There were at least 3 staff who had attended to this incident and not only do they seem unapologetic for their deplorable watch servicing ability, they do not seem motivated to provide any form of recourse too. What I received from their end was "What do you plan to do about the scratches Sir?"

I know that asking for a brand new watch case, caseback and bracelet (Effectively a new watch) is going to be quite tough, hence I hope that they will at least attempt to make up by providing a new case back as well as a new bracelet, installed under the strictest supervision.

I hope this will serve as a BIG RED warning for those who intend to send in their brand new Rolex into RSC to rectify little issues that we can potentially live with. The bezel alignment was slightly off but I could have lived with it. And now, it's going to be an ensuing days of arguments with RSC to have this rectified.
                                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                                2. your nick
                                3. your corresponding email address
                                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X