Rolex Service Centre Experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by angsu View Post
    Never said they were at fault...just hope they know how to be apologetic on behalf of the watch technicians, as they are customer service officers. Personally, maybe it's just me....I find them a 'little' arrogant. I certainly hope for the better....as RSC is still a reliable place to send your rolexes for servicing on the whole, could just be a one off. Cheers!
    Long before i own a rolex, i already hear from my parents, relative and friends how arrogant they are.

They are famous for the wrong reason. Wondering why Rolex still employ these aunties.

Must be good pay and relax job make them stay for very long...

Comment

Hope someone from RSC or affliated to them is reading this thread. Hello RSC????

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
      http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Even someone from RSC read this thread, they will not bother.... I think some of those aunties start working there before some of you were born...

jokes aside, I find no issue with their service. They are always very nice to me. If you don't like their service, you can send your watch to Top hour at LP instead... =D

Originally posted by kohym View Post
        Hope someone from RSC or affliated to them is reading this thread. Hello RSC????

Comment

there are 2 issues that has been brought up.

1) front desk service
          2) back end service

as for front desk service, it does not matter if it is RSC or Richemont (if you read the relevant threads, you will see similar issues) because there are good customer service people and there are bad customer service people. to some people all the customer service people served the individual well, to some people, only selected served the individual well, to some people, all customer service people serve them badly. why is it those?

this is because we are all humans, humans have their good days and bad days. so interaction with people will also differ. second, each of us has different level of expectation. third, some people frequently turn up @ RSC that the staff know them by first name. so in this aspect, they get different level of service. however, i must admit that there must be a minimum standard. then again, what is this minimum standard? it comes back to expectation.

as for back end service, i have always mentioned that if technician A service my watch well, it does not mean that your watch when serviced by technician A will have the same result. therefore it is important to note that when you want to service your watch, you need to trust the technician. personally, i go to my own preferred technician. this is because both of us have a common understanding. he knows my expectation, i know what he can do. however, i do agree that RSC need to be more careful with watches.
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            there are 2 issues that has been brought up.

1) front desk service
            2) back end service

as for front desk service, it does not matter if it is RSC or Richemont (if you read the relevant threads, you will see similar issues) because there are good customer service people and there are bad customer service people. to some people all the customer service people served the individual well, to some people, only selected served the individual well, to some people, all customer service people serve them badly. why is it those?

this is because we are all humans, humans have their good days and bad days. so interaction with people will also differ. second, each of us has different level of expectation. third, some people frequently turn up @ RSC that the staff know them by first name. so in this aspect, they get different level of service. however, i must admit that there must be a minimum standard. then again, what is this minimum standard? it comes back to expectation.

as for back end service, i have always mentioned that if technician A service my watch well, it does not mean that your watch when serviced by technician A will have the same result. therefore it is important to note that when you want to service your watch, you need to trust the technician. personally, i go to my own preferred technician. this is because both of us have a common understanding. he knows my expectation, i know what he can do. however, i do agree that RSC need to be more careful with watches.
            It's a good way to breakdown the service into two layers, the front desk and the back end, for performance analysis and improvement purpose. However RSC or any service provider should aim to deliver ONE customer experience (which is what most companies are trying to do). And the one customer experience is no long just meeting customer expectation, but exceeding customer expectation (well, at least that is what every MNC say they wanna do).

So my conclusion is that the service of RSC isn't good enough. Sadly that's what happen when a company is in dominant position, hence I tend to agree with bro 116520 that RSC won't bother about a few customers screaming in this forum...
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Very well said. Fully agree Pegasi. By the way, Triton do you know if we can choose a particular technician we are comfortable with/recommended to service our watch? Of course I can ask the service staffs...but then again....?

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
              It's a good way to breakdown the service into two layers, the front desk and the back end, for performance analysis and improvement purpose. However RSC or any service provider should aim to deliver ONE customer experience (which is what most companies are trying to do). And the one customer experience is no long just meeting customer expectation, but exceeding customer expectation (well, at least that is what every MNC say they wanna do).

So my conclusion is that the service of RSC isn't good enough. Sadly that's what happen when a company is in dominant position, hence I tend to agree with bro 116520 that RSC won't bother about a few customers screaming in this forum...

Comment

I recently sent my watch in for an overhaul. It's a gift from my dad. A 1970 datejust.

The aunty at the counter was rather smug and arrogant. But I reckon she was a tad over her head.

She insisted that I should just change plexiglass to a sphere crystal since I had already changed the bracelet to leather straps. I was kinda shocked and told her that the watch originally came with leather straps. She argued that it's not possible as ALL rolex datejust models come with bracelets and that mine was modded. I told her then that rolex might have modded without her knowledge or illegally cos the original box which I still have came with an extra pair of original leather straps.

The next thing I know, she handed the watch to another colleague to service me instead.
                I don't have enuf watches but I will stop buying now!
                http://roguehogticktock.blogspot.sg/

Comment

Originally posted by roguehog View Post
                  I recently sent my watch in for an overhaul. It's a gift from my dad. A 1970 datejust.

The aunty at the counter was rather smug and arrogant. But I reckon she was a tad over her head.

She insisted that I should just change plexiglass to a sphere crystal since I had already changed the bracelet to leather straps. I was kinda shocked and told her that the watch originally came with leather straps. She argued that it's not possible as ALL rolex datejust models come with bracelets and that mine was modded. I told her then that rolex might have modded without her knowledge or illegally cos the original box which I still have came with an extra pair of original leather straps.

The next thing I know, she handed the watch to another colleague to service me instead.
                  That's not just arrogant but also ignorant. I was smiling while reading this...the kind of smile when you hear something absurd.

Comment

From personel experience which i highlighted on another thread.. I agree with pegasi and rouguehog that they are not of expected level and unprofessional. Also as pointed out, be it technician A or B, the quality of the work done must be of a certain level. Rolex is an international brand, and I as a customer would expect proper handing of my watch and related affairs..

We all have off mood days..but at the end of the day, work is work and a certain attitude and professionalism must be maintained..

Just my 2 cents worth..

Comment

I have a dream. That Rolex has a spokesperson who registers himself on SG-ROC and respond to all the feedback on its product & service quality (not inquiries on prices and where to get the best deal etc hor). Much like how some of the hotels deal with the feedback on Trip Adviser.

Just a dream, as I said.

Comment

Is there really nothing we can do to give feedback to the headquarters in Switzerland?
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                          Is there really nothing we can do to give feedback to the headquarters in Switzerland?
                          Anyone keen to try?

bruno.meier@rolex.com

From wiki answers

Comment

I will email him.

Comment

Very good. Keep us posted of the outcome.

You might want to mention that there is a rolex owners' club in SG, haha!

Comment

Originally posted by Atomant View Post
                                I will email him.
                                time for those RSC blokes to wake up their idea

"because nobody stops at one watch" - kohym
                                http://kymwatchlog.blogspot.com/

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse