AP v Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would go for the AP 15400 or 15202.

15400 or 15202 is just nice for my wrist.
    40mm rolex are just great too.

At the end buy what u are comfortable with between the 116613 and 15400, I'll go with 15400.

Comment

Originally posted by princepodgy View Post
      can i throw in a spanner and suggest: AP vs Hublot?
      choice would definitely be AP... if comparing AP and Hublot..

Comment

I would choose the tt sub anytime cos it's a watch you can wear for all occasions... very versatile and classic... i find ap has lot of variants that look the same like datejusts... and ap is more ex... rolex is more bang for buck... holds value well and won't go out of fashion even after many years down the road.. i don't agree that tt subs look ah pek.. cos when women wear tt rolexes do they look like ah sor...?? And even if arnie or any other man in their late 60's wear an ap does that mean they make you look any younger...?? I don't think so... first of all it depends on for what occasions you wanna wear the watches... both brands are great for sporty and macho looks.. but neither of these brands will look ok in a suit.. only a very simple looking pp or vc or a lange & sohne or jlc on a leather strap is what i consider as a dress watch that looks great with a suit...
        HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
        ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
        Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
        Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
        Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
        TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
        G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
        Rolex ladies datejust
        vintage Cartier tank 18k
        TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

Originally posted by badass09 View Post
          ...i find ap has lot of variants that look the same like datejusts... and ap is more ex...

...but neither of these brands will look ok in a suit

...only a very simple looking pp or vc or a lange & sohne or jlc on a leather strap is what i consider as a dress watch that looks great with a suit...
          i think anyone would wear this happily for a long time as their "only" watch... including with a suit...

(photo from pbr)

and as for a rolex "dress" watch...

(photo from fratello)
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
            i think anyone would wear this happily for a long time as their "only" watch... including with a suit...

(photo from pbr)

and as for a rolex "dress" watch...

(photo from fratello)
            That day date in a strap is definitely a dress watch... but i find that ap to be quite flashy... a gd dress watch shoud be very discreet and thin...
            HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
            ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
            Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
            Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
            Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
            TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
            G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
            Rolex ladies datejust
            vintage Cartier tank 18k
            TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

Originally posted by badass09 View Post
              That day date in a strap is definitely a dress watch... but i find that ap to be quite flashy... a gd dress watch shoud be very discreet and thin...
              thin they might be, but i think there is nothing discrete about pp, vc, als and jlc dress watches.
              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Definitely Rolex.

For myself, I don't quite like octagonal shape watches. It's either round or rectangular. Secondly, Rolex holds value better and has more brand recognition. No problem in trading or selling years down the road.

Comment

the RO is something I would love to own, but pocket wise will go for the Rolex.

the RO's price is quite near a ROO already...

Comment

Be it AP or Rolex, you must be happy when wearing it yourself. After wearing it yourself, you will more or less know which one you like most, giving that both are very nice watches...
                    Desire & Craving will never end, save some cash for the rainy day. Just my 2 cents worth.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X