Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• passion33
    replied
    Be it AP or Rolex, you must be happy when wearing it yourself. After wearing it yourself, you will more or less know which one you like most, giving that both are very nice watches...

Leave a comment:

• nazaki
    replied
    the RO is something I would love to own, but pocket wise will go for the Rolex.

the RO's price is quite near a ROO already...

Leave a comment:

• style88
    replied
    Definitely Rolex.

For myself, I don't quite like octagonal shape watches. It's either round or rectangular. Secondly, Rolex holds value better and has more brand recognition. No problem in trading or selling years down the road.

Leave a comment:

• taxico
    replied
    Originally posted by badass09 View Post
    That day date in a strap is definitely a dress watch... but i find that ap to be quite flashy... a gd dress watch shoud be very discreet and thin...
    thin they might be, but i think there is nothing discrete about pp, vc, als and jlc dress watches.

Leave a comment:

• badass09
    replied
    Originally posted by taxico View Post
    i think anyone would wear this happily for a long time as their "only" watch... including with a suit...

(photo from pbr)

and as for a rolex "dress" watch...

(photo from fratello)
    That day date in a strap is definitely a dress watch... but i find that ap to be quite flashy... a gd dress watch shoud be very discreet and thin...

Leave a comment:

• taxico
    replied
    Originally posted by badass09 View Post
    ...i find ap has lot of variants that look the same like datejusts... and ap is more ex...

...but neither of these brands will look ok in a suit

...only a very simple looking pp or vc or a lange & sohne or jlc on a leather strap is what i consider as a dress watch that looks great with a suit...
    i think anyone would wear this happily for a long time as their "only" watch... including with a suit...

(photo from pbr)

and as for a rolex "dress" watch...

(photo from fratello)

Leave a comment:

• badass09
    replied
    I would choose the tt sub anytime cos it's a watch you can wear for all occasions... very versatile and classic... i find ap has lot of variants that look the same like datejusts... and ap is more ex... rolex is more bang for buck... holds value well and won't go out of fashion even after many years down the road.. i don't agree that tt subs look ah pek.. cos when women wear tt rolexes do they look like ah sor...?? And even if arnie or any other man in their late 60's wear an ap does that mean they make you look any younger...?? I don't think so... first of all it depends on for what occasions you wanna wear the watches... both brands are great for sporty and macho looks.. but neither of these brands will look ok in a suit.. only a very simple looking pp or vc or a lange & sohne or jlc on a leather strap is what i consider as a dress watch that looks great with a suit...

Leave a comment:

• loopholes
    replied
    Originally posted by princepodgy View Post
    can i throw in a spanner and suggest: AP vs Hublot?
    choice would definitely be AP... if comparing AP and Hublot..

Leave a comment:

• jackjack
    replied
    I would go for the AP 15400 or 15202.

15400 or 15202 is just nice for my wrist.
    40mm rolex are just great too.

At the end buy what u are comfortable with between the 116613 and 15400, I'll go with 15400.

Leave a comment:

• Spirro
    replied
    No. Hublot is not even in the same universe as AP.

Leave a comment:

• Spirro
    replied
    Two different watches. AP has more provenance than Rolex. I was going to get the 37mm Royal Oak but my wife hates the look. (happy wife, happy life) She picked out the Sub instead. (now I'm strong like bull in her eyes)Rolex was my base to branch out. Rolex is better value on the secondary market.

I would only consider Royal Oak and Nautilus as dress/semi-sports watches. They cannot handle the rigour of a tool watch.

Leave a comment:

• ebaxe
    replied
    definitely AP

Leave a comment:

• satch
    replied
    Originally posted by baukiki View Post
    Arnie is paid to wear the watch. Marketing only. Real life he is not wearing it.
    You sure he's not wearing in real life?

Leave a comment:

• baukiki
    replied
    Arnie is paid to wear the watch. Marketing only. Real life he is not wearing it.

Leave a comment:

• satch
    replied
    Originally posted by baukiki View Post
    If you are a MAN go for Rolex..... If you are a Boy then go for AP
    Arnie aka terminator doesn't look like a boy to me :P

Leave a comment:

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
Working...