Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jun 2012 Rolex List price (page 124/125)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Super sian!!! But no choice but to live with it!

Originally posted by RolexKing9 View Post
    Rolex will increase price 2moro by 6 to 10%

Comment

• In this forum,
      one thread says rolex prices in Swiss increase by 11 June by 10% to 15%;
      another thread say rolex prices increase from today by 6% to 10% - never say where so I assume refer to SG.

Here you say rolex retail price are the same world wide except seperated by GST+ Exchange rates, and for SG price just apply the the increase percentage in the current price should reflects the indicative new price.

What exchange rate and which increase percentage to apply? Why are the increase percentage different in Swiss and SG? Is it a fact that you get from reliable source (and which source) that "rolex retail price are the same world wide except seperated by GST+ Exchange rates", or is that just your assumption?
      Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasi View Post
        Deal with it? Happy purchasing?? How do you know I am going to buy a rolex???

And I eat until so old still haven't seen an AD or boutique doing re-pricing openly before...
        LOL Bro !!
        ROLEX.

Comment

• Originally posted by pegasi View Post
          In this forum,
          one thread says rolex prices in Swiss increase by 11 June by 10% to 15%;
          another thread say rolex prices increase from today by 6% to 10% - never say where so I assume refer to SG.

Here you say rolex retail price are the same world wide except seperated by GST+ Exchange rates, and for SG price just apply the the increase percentage in the current price should reflects the indicative new price.

What exchange rate and which increase percentage to apply? Why are the increase percentage different in Swiss and SG? Is it a fact that you get from reliable source (and which source) that "rolex retail price are the same world wide except seperated by GST+ Exchange rates", or is that just your assumption?
          hmm..as for exchange rate..definately base on the market rate.

If we look at europe pricing...w/o the VAT discount...is the retail price similar to what we see in SG?

After factoring the GST refund of 5-27% depending on which europe country, that's explain why buying in europe is cheaper than SG.

I think we can look closer to 2011 pricing, and compare to 2012. Are the difference that huge?
          [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
          A Crown for Every Achievement
          Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

• can you advise which country can get to 27% GST refund?

Originally posted by Rolex01 View Post
            After factoring the GST refund of 5-27% depending on which europe country, that's explain why buying in europe is cheaper than SG.
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

• Originally posted by triton View Post
              can you advise which country can get to 27% GST refund?
              Hungarian VAT Rate

Click here to read about new Hungarian VAT rise to 27%
              Standard Rate 27% (since Jan 2012)

source: http://www.tmf-vat.com/vat/eu-vat-rates.html
              [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
              A Crown for Every Achievement
              Life is Nothing Without Style

Comment

• thanks. will keep that in mind when going europe

Originally posted by Rolex01 View Post
                Hungarian VAT Rate

Click here to read about new Hungarian VAT rise to 27%
                Standard Rate 27% (since Jan 2012)

source: http://www.tmf-vat.com/vat/eu-vat-rates.html
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

• Fact:

Companies which conduct business in foreign currency set their own forex rates by hedging the forex exposure to safeguard the business margin for a specified time period.

Comment

• food for thought.

so now that one knows the rolex price in USD. some say can use it as a gauge. however, even if the list price in sg is higher, can we as consumers complain to rolex HQ about the pricing?

local AD adjustment has been generally going up for the past few years regardless whether exchange rate between sg and us is going in either direction.

kindly email with
                    2. your nick

Comment

• ok, that's it, i'm keeping my 116610ln!
                      elusive

Comment

• In the first place, the "base" price list of rolex may not be in USD. Normally the business operating currency (i.e. currency used to calculate net sales/margin etc) of a MNC follows the currency of where the HQ/legal entity is registered. In rolex case it is likely to be swiss franc or euro.

That is one reason why the local AD adjustment is not always in line with US-SG exchange rate.

Comment

• And why must a profit driven company sell its products at the same price in different countries? (How one define "same price" is another question).

Suppose the operating cost i.e. marketing/overhead/rental etc in country A is twice of that of country B, which of the following makes more sense?

1. Price a product the same for both country A & B
                          2. Price a product in such a way that the gap in margin per product in country A & B are not too big

I am not saying rolex is a profit driven company. All companies are.

While there is a certain relation between the price lists of different currency for a product like rolex watches, what go into the prices are not as simple and straight forward as some imagine.

Comment

• haiz...increase again

Comment

• I like to hear that's Rolex increase price.

Comment

• good news as in price increase therefore whoever wants to buy quickly buy before it increase price

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X