Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does RSC Singapore still butcher watches like they used to 8 years ago?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what if it is free???!!!

Originally posted by Submariner_Guy View Post
    Guess there are nothing one can do since resizing is a free service and one send it in willingly.

I sent in my 16710 Pepsi for resizing and it came back with a little dent on the left upper lug and to think that I waited more than an hour (one B****y hour!!) just to have it resized twice because the first lady over-estimated the number of links to remove and hence too small for my wrist. The second aunty more experience, one look knew that it was too small and hence have to put one link back again. All these took one solid, b****y hour! *&^%$#@ Free?? I would rather pay $10 to one of the watchmakers rather than waste time there... and get a free dent on the upper lug! KAO!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bensg View Post
      In HK and Taiwan the authentication is FOC at RSC
      Over here we need to pay $107 for scratches.
      Serious bro?? there must be something wrong here in SGP.... oh I know why.... is it because we are the most expensive city in the world so everything must charge?!!

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post
        Serious bro?? there must be something wrong here in SGP.... oh I know why.... is it because we are the most expensive city in the world so everything must charge?!!
        Yes, that what i read from Taiwan watch forum watchbus and the hk watchfever blog. You can google for more information.
        Rolex having double standard, they charge in countries like Malaysia, Philippine, Singapore but some countries can get it done FOC.
        The worst part is we paying for lousy service with free scratches.

Comment

I sent in my watch to RSC to get some simple work done. It was returned to me 3 hrs later. Watch came back with scratches on the shiny side of the case and case back. It's obvious that they dun care about customers watch and allowed the clasp to rub against the case back. Very disappointed and angry with them. They dunno how to respect customers property. RSC is just a nice facade with lousy work ethics ppl inside.
          1 3 5
          ├┼┼╕
          2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
            I sent in my watch to RSC to get some simple work done. It was returned to me 3 hrs later. Watch came back with scratches on the shiny side of the case and case back. It's obvious that they dun care about customers watch and allowed the clasp to rub against the case back. Very disappointed and angry with them. They dunno how to respect customers property. RSC is just a nice facade with lousy work ethics ppl inside.
            they are not proud of their work lah. sloopy attitude. at least for the counter technicians below. on top do servicing ones have better workmanship.

charges for servicing more than rolex hong kong. verification $107. still come back with scratches.

rolex hong kong and taiwan verification FOC. singapore really is the most expensive city but low productivity.

Comment

Originally posted by nb1
              what did they offer you
              i dun care about their freebies. just that they charges so high for the watches and yet treat those watches like dirt. imagine if you but a 40k white gold pepsi gmt and they scratched up the casing. how would you feel? offer to polish your casing and then ended up with 1 big and 1 small lugs like bro zidane? imagine they polished 3k worth of white gold off your casing. i went to seiko do serving and it came back with some scratches, but i am not so piss off because the cost of the watches and serving charges reflect the workmanship.

but rolex are expensive and yet they butcher your watches like they are enemies. i felt chill down my spine whenever i walk past tong center towards paragon. if i send my watches in for service, my blood pressure and heart beat will go higher while waiting for the work to be perform. is like waiting for the result of some serious medical check up. you dunno what they will do to your watches (where you save up a considerable period of time to acquire. to them the watches are just like trash) suka suka kiao and scratch your watch. remove spring bars no need to tape up lugs. you save up so long to buy the watch and treat them carefully. they can simply destroy it within minutes.

they rather be sloppy with their work and never use tape for protection. hopefully nobody discovers the scratches when they collect back their watches. for those who complaint about scratches, they will simply offer to polish your new watches and then give you 2-3 leather pouches to stick your mouth shut.

i do not long for any gifts but just need them to treat customer's watches carefully. i would suggest people to make a fuss and see their local MD or write in e-mail to their ceo in switzerland and let them know that RSC Singapore is actually degrading the the so call rolex high standards. ceo e-mail address is gian-riccardo.marini@rolex.com. hope that those who are affected take some time to write in and complain.

Comment

Well, I can't really see the scratches when the counter staff handed the watch to me due to the lighting and finger prints on it. When I reached home and washed it clean thats when I discovered the scratches.I didn't bother to go back to confront them as they might say that the damage is inflicted by myself. Dun wanna waste my breath talking to them. At most, they will do a polish which I'm not willing on my 3 days old watch. Same happened when I sent my Tag Heuer to LVMH for warranty repair. Watch came back with screw driver marks on the case back. I spotted it when watch was returned to me over the counter but didn't point out to them cos the Tag was my daily beater and costs much lesser than my Rolex. So far the best experience I had is with AP service centre. Visited them a number of times and watch always comes back without extra "free gift".
                Originally posted by nb1
                what did they offer you
                1 3 5
                ├┼┼╕
                2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by shou.biao.kuang View Post

I sent in my 16710 Pepsi for resizing and it came back with a little dent on the left upper lug and to think that I waited more than an hour (one B****y hour!!) just to have it resized twice because the first lady over-estimated the number of links to remove and hence too small for my wrist. The second aunty more experience, one look knew that it was too small and hence have to put one link back again. All these took one solid, b****y hour! *&^%$#@ Free?? I would rather pay $10 to one of the watchmakers rather than waste time there... and get a free dent on the upper lug! KAO!!!!
                  bro. now which era liao still 16710 for resize? recent happening or long time back liao? actually u would rather spend $18 on a good bergeon 1.6mm screw driver and a small bottle of loctite 221 from rochor center. diy still way better than getting it beaten up.

last time i got my 14060m for resize and they use the wrong size screw driver. still managed to gouge out the metal edges of the screw holes. you can feel that the screw holes area are uneven when you run your finger across it. finally i got a bergeon mass surface filing block and even out that area. that was in year 2004. until 2014 still never improve.

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                    Well, I can't really see the scratches when the counter staff handed the watch to me due to the lighting and finger prints on it. When I reached home and washed it clean thats when I discovered the scratches.I didn't bother to go back to confront them as they might say that the damage is inflicted by myself. Dun wanna waste my breath talking to them. At most, they will do a polish which I'm not willing on my 3 days old watch. Same happened when I sent my Tag Heuer to LVMH for warranty repair. Watch came back with screw driver marks on the case back. I spotted it when watch was returned to me over the counter but didn't point out to them cos the Tag was my daily beater and costs much lesser than my Rolex. So far the best experience I had is with AP service centre. Visited them a number of times and watch always comes back without extra "free gift".
                    i am trading in my rolex for an AP liao.

Comment

With regards to the bros here who went to RSC for resizing, can't resizing be done at the AD it was purchased from? Only RSC has the appropriate tools?

Comment

Originally posted by infinitesadness View Post
                        With regards to the bros here who went to RSC for resizing, can't resizing be done at the AD it was purchased from? Only RSC has the appropriate tools?
                        can be done at AD. you can do it yourself using a bergeon or AF switizerland 1.6mm screwdriver.

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                          I've written an e-mail to Rolex CEO. I hope that he does read it. English not very good but I think quite simple to understand?

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                          I doubt they will bother to response. But still good to let them know what is happening. They can employ the highest manufacturing methods in switzerland but so long their service networks are not up to standards. Then consider quite useless also.
                          The CEO, Gian Riccardo Marini whom you had written to, has stepped down after just 3 years and been replaced by the CEO of Zenith watches Jean-Frederic Dufour.

Obviously, that has absolutely nothing to do with a small bunch of people screaming on a forum but I thought it would be interesting to share this news here.
                          Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Have you guys actually write to the boss in charge of the RSC in Singapore?

I believe if you can make an appointment with him, go down as a group with some of your evidence, it will work much better as compare to an email to the Rolex CEO.

Comment

I should have googled and read this thread prior to sending my Sub Date into RSC to fix a bezel alignment.

What came back from a brand new watch that's barely a week old are scratches on the caseback, case, bracelet, clasp!!

Horrible service and highly unprofessional behaviour by the customer service. My first time owning a rolex and never again. AP, JLC, Panerai offers much better service albeit their own screw ups.

RSC Singapore can crown themselves as the no.1 lousiest service centre every. They have effectively tarnished this brand and they should be ashamed.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X