Economic recession = better buys?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Economic recession = better buys?

With the impending economic recessions, can we expect less pple to buy, and more pple to sell their Rolex --> better prices for resale, and better discounts for first hand?

So r u looking forward to recession? Haha. Its a bit twisted
    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
    With the impending economic recessions, can we expect less pple to buy, and more pple to sell their Rolex --> better prices for resale, and better discounts for first hand?

So r u looking forward to recession? Haha. Its a bit twisted
    less people buy could be good for buyers because discounts might be higher. but up to a certain extent only.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      less people buy could be good for buyers because discounts might be higher. but up to a certain extent only.
      depends on models i think...some models u can dream on lor..like daytona

anyway...no money to buy watch...economy down hahaha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

At least thre's a "certain extent" woh... Nw wan a bit "extent" for discount oso dun hv le..
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

I sure think so and definitely HOPE so.. ;P

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
          - GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

There are already reports of slow sales of luxury goods in USA.
            Thats why my eyes are glued to the sale thread in this forum

Comment

weaker USD only means imminent price hikes cos US is the world's largest importer of swiss timepieces including rollies. Yes, I agree that there may be more discount but what's a few % compared to an increase of a few hundred dollars? in the end, still pay for more. If one can afford it now, just buy it cos life is not a dressed rehearsal, we'll never know what happens next.
              Remnants of my irresponsibility:
              "Foreign affections"
              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
              2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
              3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
              4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
              What's NEXT?

Comment

Wow! Do I see an optimistic person here or a pessimistic one?? haha...
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Agreed but if there is no urgency to buy now and not too bothered abt having the watch now.. saving a couple of $100s seems like a logical think to do...

I do understand your point as I was prepared to buy my IWC at a less discounted price as long as it is available cos at that time.. I WANTED IT!!!

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                  weaker USD only means imminent price hikes cos US is the world's largest importer of swiss timepieces including rollies. Yes, I agree that there may be more discount but what's a few % compared to an increase of a few hundred dollars? in the end, still pay for more. If one can afford it now, just buy it cos life is not a dressed rehearsal, we'll never know what happens next.

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                  - GMT II
                  - GMT IIc TT
                  - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                  - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                  - U1
                  - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

In my humble opinion, 2008, it will be much more expensive to buy Rolex watches. Rolex increase their prices every year! They have a policy of never lowering their prices even when demand has decreased. How they have managed to keep prices high n stable is by controlling production and the amount of watches coming out of their factory.

That is why Rolex watches will never lose their value unlike many other watch brands.

Comment

Originally posted by patrickchristianchang View Post
                      In my humble opinion, 2008, it will be much more expensive to buy Rolex watches. Rolex increase their prices every year! They have a policy of never lowering their prices even when demand has decreased. How they have managed to keep prices high n stable is by controlling production and the amount of watches coming out of their factory.

That is why Rolex watches will never lose their value unlike many other watch brands.
                      on top of that, the fascinating part if that the designs of rollies dun change radically and remains the same despite negligible changes. how the company can remain profitable year after year is certainly shrouded in mystery...but i am not complaining.
                      "Foreign affections"
                      1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                      What's NEXT?

Comment

Originally posted by feudallordcult View Post
                        on top of that, the fascinating part if that the designs of rollies dun change radically and remains the same despite negligible changes. how the company can remain profitable year after year is certainly shrouded in mystery...but i am not complaining.
                        it is a brand that sells by itself....dont need alot of advertisement
                        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                        1. subject heading indicating your issue
                        2. your nick
                        3. your corresponding email address
                        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I only hope that with the recession, pple who face bankruptcy (esp those fingers burnt by shares) will sell their rolexes mwhahaha. So if the 1st hand market remains unchanged, at least the 2nd market will boom. (Hehe I know, its mean to gloat). Preferably the real estate market will tumble too keke.

BTW if anyone sees a 2nd hand rose gold datejust, lemme know! Thanks
                          Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

I only hope that with the recession, pple who face bankruptcy (esp those fingers burnt by shares) will sell their rolexes mwhahaha. So if the 1st hand market remains unchanged, at least the 2nd market will boom. (Hehe I know, its mean to gloat). Preferably the real estate market will tumble too keke.

wah sometimes ah..I really feel like kicking u in the back...

EH these 2 markets drop I affected

Anyway..how much u selling the DJ?

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

bro,not sure if u r a punter in the share market but the us economy is already sliding into a recession. just pray this will not happen overnight.
                              "Foreign affections"
                              1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                              What's NEXT?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X