Enquiry of "Grey Dealer " warranty card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enquiry of "Grey Dealer " warranty card

I realize that some of the dealers warranty card is dated with name and some is non-dated.

(i)Is dated with Name still considered as first hand watch? will there be a price difference?

(ii) If the card is non-dated, the date will start on the day we brought the watch from the dealer? but however since they are not Authorised dealer of Rolex, are they allowed to put the date onto the warrenty card, will it make the warranty invalid ?

Thanks in advance...

Originally posted by ahkiat View Post
    I realize that some of the dealers warranty card is dated with name and some is non-dated.
    (i)Is dated with Name still considered as first hand watch? will there be a price difference?
    (ii) If the card is non-dated, the date will start on the day we brought the watch from the dealer? but however since they are not Authorised dealer of Rolex, are they allowed to put the date onto the warrenty card, will it make the warranty invalid ?
    Thanks in advance...
    I am sure the gurus of the forum will give their input soon but for me:
    1. Dated with Name - no, I will not consider it as a new watch. Price difference - should be, but how much depends on how 'new' the watch is.
    2. Dating of watch - up to buyer. No rule that only AD allowed to date watch; just write on it. However, you should insert a realistic date, otherwise there is a chance that when you send in for servicing, the maker may reject.

If all these things are bothering you, I think you may want to just consider getting brand new, pay more but at least you have less things to worry.
    "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
    three times is enemy action and
    over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
    ."

Comment

Thanks in advance...
      i buy my rolex from ADs in Japan, Europe, and was told that my purchase details are keyed into the system. thus i believe the idea of non-dated or future-dated cards bringing about any benefits is unlikely.

Comment

thank for the replies guys.

Any buddy able to share more if it true that details are keyed into the system when brought from the AD regardless local or oversea

hence if so, those non dated warrenty card how do we go about it. will it be invalid ?

Comment

i) what is your definition of first hand. it depends on how broadly or narrowly you want to define.

any watch that grey dealer and/or private seller sells is technically "pre-own" even though it is stated BNIB because gray dealer has to get watches from rolex authorized dealer. as such whether it is named or otherwise it is already not a first hand watch if you narrowly define.

if the warranty card is named, i would not not consider the watch as "first hand" anymore.

ii) technically the warranty card is valid regardless if it is dated or otherwise and/or dated by authorized dealers/gray dealer. in singapore, all rolex authorized dealer are to ensure that the watch purchaser writes his/her name on the card. the information will then be sent to rolex singapore. it is likely that other countries' dealers will have to do the same.

also the warranty covers manufacturing defects only and as such, if the watch has any manufacturing issues then the date of the warranty card will make a difference.

Thanks in advance...
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

thank for the replies guys.

Any buddy able to share more if it true that details are keyed into the system when brought from the AD regardless local or oversea

hence if so, those non dated warrenty card how do we go about it. will it be invalid ?
            If it's undated, i guess u have to check with the service center.

http://www.sgrolexclub.com/archive/i...p/t-96454.html
            From user PorkyPig
            There is no requirement to register rolex warranty.
            My gf have recently sent in both her rolexes to RSC SG for repair recently, both of which are from overseas AD from different countries in europe.
            The moment the staff here keys in the serial number on the warranty card, the centralised computer system will tell them exactly where and when the watches were bought, and at the same time verify if the warranty date sated on the card is still valid.
            International warranty. Tried and tested!
            From user triton
            yes. this is because all AD is to submit the receipt together with warranty card filled with relevant details since about 2 years ago.

for confidentiality reasons, all the public knows is that there is a central system to keep track of all rolex watches leaving each AD and all rolex watches that this sent in for service.

for panerai, there is the movement number tag with the watch serial number. for rolex, there is a secondary number tag to the case number, just that this number is not printed on the warranty card or sticker that is on the green tag.

i have mentioned this before in other threads. the reason why now all RSC are keeping track of these 2 sets of numbers is to see which watch uses cannibalized parts.

so "undated" warranty is not "undated" actually since the central system keeps all this info.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X