Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1680 White SS Sub Date Vs F-series Daytona

Hi pals,

I am in the middle of headache to consider of trading in my 1680 White SS Sub Date for a F-series Daytona 116523 . I need your opinion and point of view prior of making the decision.

1) Should I pay for the top-up? If yes, how much should I top up?
    2) Which watch holds the value better, say another 5-10 years down the road?

Thanks in advance & cheerio
    Last edited by ^Lee^; 23-03-08, 12:24 AM.

Originally posted by ^Lee^ View Post
    Hi pals,

I am in the middle of headache to consider of trading in my 1680 White SS Sub Date for a D-series Daytona 116523 . I need your opinion and point of view prior of making the decision.

I will not recommend you to do so. The 1680 is more collectible though the 116523 may command a higher price now (prob because it's newer and well, it's a daytona)

no offence to those 116523 owners out there. But I feel that the SS daytona is still more collectible

But then, this is just my opinion. Others may feel otherwise
    Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Hold on to the 1680.If you can trade up.....trade up for a RED sub 1680.

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
        I will not recommend you to do so. The 1680 is more collectible though the 116523 may command a higher price now (prob because it's newer and well, it's a daytona)

no offence to those 116523 owners out there. But I feel that the SS daytona is still more collectible

But then, this is just my opinion. Others may feel otherwise
        So in your opinion both the 1680 and Daytona are collectible

Cheerio,

Comment

bro, keep yr sub lah.... U already own it and u stand to benefit the most in tis situation...

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
          - GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

So in your opinion both the 1680 and Daytona are collectible

Cheerio,
            Think I confused you. paisei... The 1680 is more collectible. The SS Daytona is collectible (& is an excellent investment) but not the 116523

Comment

Originally posted by problmchylde View Post
              Hold on to the 1680.If you can trade up.....trade up for a RED sub 1680.
              If to hold on to 1680, what do you forsee in the future, it becomes more and more collectible, increase it value or otherwise?

Cheerio,

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                Think I confused you. paisei... The 1680 is more collectible. The SS Daytona is collectible (& is an excellent investment) but not the 116523
                Hi pals,

I am in the middle of headache to consider of trading in my 1680 White SS Sub Date for a F-series Daytona 116523 . I need your opinion and point of view prior of making the decision.

Definitely not....I think MP has said it...only the SS Daytona is collectible,the 1680 will hold it's value better than a TT daytona for sure

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                  Definitely not....I think MP has said it...only the SS Daytona is collectible,the 1680 will hold it's value better than a TT daytona for sure
                  The 1680 is already widely sought after these days. It has already arrived at the stage where collectors are actively seeking for them in the preowned market. Of them, the most collectible, as correctly pointed out by problemchylde, is the Red Sub, which is commanding more than > $25K in watch auctions

The TT daytona, otoh, has not attained that yet. It's not exactly like it's SS counterpart that is more in demand, because the latter is regarded as the trophy piece of Rolex and many buy them for investment purposes. FYI, I've read in Jap mag and have seen preowned TT Daytonas going for < S$10K in jap preowned market.

Comment

Hi pals,

keep the white SS sub.

let go the daytona. u can always come back and buy one in future. however, if u chose to let go the sub, u may not be able to get one back.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      however, if u chose to let go the sub, u may not be able to get one back.
                      Hah. This is very true. 1680s are close to extinction these days. Those that manage to get hold of them will hardly release them so the decrease in 1680s in the market is exponential

Comment

Wow...sound like 1680 is getting rare in the market.

Actually, it's also difficult to part with my 1680.

Well...you guys had pointed out a very good point. I can get a Daytona anytime but not 1680.

Cheerio,

Comment

Wow...sound like 1680 is getting rare in the market.

Actually, it's also difficult to part with my 1680.

Well...you guys had pointed out a very good point. I can get a Daytona anytime but not 1680.

Cheerio,
                          Well said.

Comment

You lucky we all so honest and helpful.. nobody commented the opposite for PERSONAL benefit ah.. wahahhahahhh....

But hor, if you want to sell in the end, then PM all the good hearted brothers and benefit us lah.. kekek

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                            - GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
                              You lucky we all so honest and helpful.. nobody commented the opposite for PERSONAL benefit ah.. wahahhahahhh....

But hor, if you want to sell in the end, then PM all the good hearted brothers and benefit us lah.. kekek
                              Well...indeed you guys are honest and helpful

That's why I enjoy my stay here in SROC.

Cheerio,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X