No announcement yet.

1680 White SS Sub Date Vs F-series Daytona

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Without any regret, I erase off my idea of trading my 1680. I decided to keep it Thanks guys

Lets post some of my 1680 pics to share with you guys. Although it's vintage, but this guys still water proof. When I sent this watch to replace the new acrylic crystal in RSC, it came out with a report with a chop "WATER PROOF".

Sorry for the poor quality pics.

Enjoy...cheerio,

Comment

"Water proof"?! Tot nowsaday no such term liao?
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
        "Water proof"?! Tot nowsaday no such term liao?
        Then what is the new term - water resistant?

Indeed, I saw the report with the chop "water proof" and the sales lady that serve me said, your watch is water proof after the pressure test.

Or it could be a vintage watch comes with vintage chop

Comment

bro... its a beauty and in EXCELLENT CONDITION!!!

You deserve a pat on the back for keeping it in such a pristine condition!!!

Thanks for sharing...

I re-emphasise... wana sell.. LET US KNOW!!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
          - GMT II
          - GMT IIc TT
          - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
          - Master Eight Days (1608420)
          - U1
          - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Originally posted by jazz_samz View Post
            I re-emphasise... wana sell.. LET US KNOW!!
            right place right time

or fastest fingers?

first in line - jazz samz
            second in line - triton
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lee^ View Post
              Then what is the new term - water resistant?

Indeed, I saw the report with the chop "water proof" and the sales lady that serve me said, your watch is water proof after the pressure test.

Or it could be a vintage watch comes with vintage chop
              Because while I was plying watch shops, many a time, I was corrected by the many ADs that I should never say a watch is "water proof", rather, it should be "water resistant". Was told this was due to some legal implications in the past. That is why nowadays, watch companies only use the terms "water resistant", "shock resistant", et cetera...

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                Because while I was plying watch shops, many a time, I was corrected by the many ADs that I should never say a watch is "water proof", rather, it should be "water resistant". Was told this was due to some legal implications in the past. That is why nowadays, watch companies only use the terms "water resistant", "shock resistant", et cetera...

yes. there used to be a difference between water proof and resistance.

read up water resistance or water proof
                Last edited by triton; 24-03-08, 07:27 PM.
                if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
                2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

Gd read! Thnks.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Hi pals,

I am in the middle of headache to consider of trading in my 1680 White SS Sub Date for a F-series Daytona 116523 . I need your opinion and point of view prior of making the decision.

1) Should I pay for the top-up? If yes, how much should I top up?
                    2) Which watch holds the value better, say another 5-10 years down the road?

Thanks in advance & cheerio
                    don't do it.. considering that you still need to top up after letting your 1680 go, I would think you are better served with keeping it. Though I do not know exactly the trend of the current vintage Rolex sports models prices , I would think that the prices 1680 of would only head north if those of 5512 or 5513 are any indication. So my take is that you hold on to your 1680 and if you really do need to trade up for a dyatona, then I'm with some of the previous posters here and that is to go with the SS daytona. juz my humble opinion
                    HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                    REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Keep the white sub. An SS daytona might still be very collectible some day, but a TT daytona is unlikely to be. But no modern SS Daytona is ever going to be as rare as a white sub.

Have you compared production numbers for rolex between now, and the 1970s?

If you want an indication of appreciation values, compare say, GMT 1675, TT vs SS models of the same age... and similarly, say TT subs vs SS subs of the same age. You will probably find that the SS models hold better value even if you consider the TT models cost more new.

The TT Daytona will probably go that way.

Comment

Ah Lee, I've nothing to comment much as all are almost said. Like to highlight that if you wanna let go, can I also chop a place in the waiting list ??? Any cut-quene procedure to follow ??? Heehee
                        the Trails and the Ocean !

Comment

No no no...the only cut-queue procedure is to queue from behind

I was wondering that if you guys really interested in 1680, really so difficult to get one from the market I thought I seem it at some of the preowned shops (e.g. monster time, passions and etc).

Mine is already 30 years old watch already...you want meh?

Comment

I was wondering that if you guys really interested in 1680, really so difficult to get one from the market I thought I seem it at some of the preowned shops (e.g. monster time, passions and etc).

some people like to collect vintage watches. some people dont.

yes, vintage pieces are getting harder to find these days. even harder to find are those that comes with box and papers and good condition.

on the topic of the watch being 30 years old. according to RSC is that after 40 years when it announced it is discontinued, they will no longer have parts for them.

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

No no no...the only cut-queue procedure is to queue from behind

Is yours a complete set?
                              Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by minusplus View Post
                                Is yours a complete set?
                                Mine is a lone ranger watch.

Nothing more or less in the watch itself except no box and paper.

Cheerio,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X