Claiming 7% gst

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Claiming 7% gst

Does anybody knows how to claim back 7% Gst when you purchase a rolex watch? Let say I got a malaysia friend want to help me out so must the watch be put under his name before i make the purchase?

Must he bring the watch out of singapore? If so how he going to pass me back the watch?

Originally posted by george View Post
    Does anybody knows how to claim back 7% Gst when you purchase a rolex watch? Let say I got a malaysia friend want to help me out so must the watch be put under his name before i make the purchase?

Must he bring the watch out of singapore? If so how he going to pass me back the watch?
    I think malaysia not allowed. Correct me if I am wrong.

Cannot completely claim back 7%,i think 5% plus to 6%.

He must claim at airport so most probably hav to bring out of s'pore. How he pass back is up to u 2 liao...

I am not completely sure..maybe those that done it before can give u complete details

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Yr Malaysia need go back to his country by plane only. Drive to in Sin, can't claim. Cos u need a broading pass to claim.

Hope this help
      My Small Collection
      ===============
      My Basic Watch: Bell & Ross BR03-92
      My GMT Watch: Rolex GMT 2C
      My Chronograph Watch: Oris Ralf Schumacher Chronograph
      My Chronometer Watch: Tag Heuer Formula One 200m
      My Power Reserve Watch: Coming soon.....
      ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
      SOLD
      My old GMT Watch
      RXW Poseidon MM25 GMT @ SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by Alexdeasa View Post
        Yr Malaysia need go back to his country by plane only. Drive to in Sin, can't claim. Cos u need a broading pass to claim.

Hope this help
        How about indonesia by ferry? can claim? the watch need to be with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
          I think malaysia not allowed. Correct me if I am wrong.

Cannot completely claim back 7%,i think 5% plus to 6%.

He must claim at airport so most probably hav to bring out of s'pore. How he pass back is up to u 2 liao...

I am not completely sure..maybe those that done it before can give u complete details
          Originally posted by Alexdeasa View Post

Hope this help
          if you want your msian friend to claim, get the AD to fill up the refund GST form.

as pointed out, your friend needs to bring the watch along with him/her so that they can verify.

the reason why cannot claim FULL GST is because there is a admin fee.

ONLY leaving the country via flight can claim. all other modes not possible.

as to how u going to take back the watch, it is personal arrangement, if u scared friend dont return ur watch, dont do it. REMEMBER that the receipt BEARS HIS/HER name. so your friend is the legal owner.

i would not suggest you to go through this method to gain that extra 5%. there are other ways.....
          if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
          1. subject heading indicating your issue
          2. your nick
          3. your corresponding email address
          4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            if you want your msian friend to claim, get the AD to fill up the refund GST form.

as pointed out, your friend needs to bring the watch along with him/her so that they can verify.

as to how u going to take back the watch, it is personal arrangement, if u scared friend dont return ur watch, dont do it. REMEMBER that the receipt BEARS HIS/HER name. so your friend is the legal owner.

i would not suggest you to go through this method to gain that extra 5%. there are other ways.....
            wad other ways

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              wad other ways
              tell u in pm.
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

tell u in pm.
                KK

Comment

TS, try to bargain for more discount with AD. with all due respect to yr friend, always good to separate $$$ matters from friendship. let's just paint a scenario: assuming the watch arrives but with issues like hairline scratches or other cosmetic blemishes? the blame game will inevitably begin and it's not good for friendship.

let us know which model u are eyeing, maybe some of us here can rec ADs to you.
                  Remnants of my irresponsibility:
                  "Foreign affections"
                  1) Sinn U1-30 June 2007
                  2) Rolex Sea-Dweller 16600 M series-23 Jan 08 (HER perpetual oyster )
                  3) Omega Seamaster Chrono Diver 2225.80.00-25 Jul 08 (From Wife )
                  4) IWC Top Gun Chrono-20 Sep 09
                  What's NEXT?

Comment

What other ways. Pls PM me too.

Comment

triton let me know too via PM. would be nice to know.
                      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                      Blue 6694
                      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

triton pls PM me too. Very like to know...

Comment

triton, PM me also.

btw, just came back from HK yesterday. saw the list price for expII at HK$42,300. at exchange rate of 5.6, it's at $7.5k before discount.

but since the price in AD over here is 7.1k, think it's more worthwhile getting here, unless you can bargain for bigger discount.
                          Submariner SS 16610 M Series
                          Date SS 115200 Z Series (for her)
                          BR 02 Blue

Comment

wah bro triton, got wat kungfu to intro... pM me too hor. Thanks

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                            - GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Can PM me oso??
                              Stand up for wat is rite even if you r standing alone

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X