Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meteorite DJ

Hi all,

I am looking to get my 1st rollie and have been shopping around. I initially wanted to get a mid sized DJ with mother of pearl face and diamond markers but I got shown a meteorite face one with diamond markers and I was I tried searching for info on this model but I can't seem to find much info on it. Does anyone know if this is an older model? I was quoted $10,800 for it and this seems to be the best price among all the plcs I've been.

Would appreciate it if you guys can advise me if the price quoted is reasonable as well as if u think I should get the mother of pearl one (seems like most ppl choose this face) or the meteorite one.

Thanks!!

Originally posted by catura View Post
    Hi all,

I am looking to get my 1st rollie and have been shopping around. I initially wanted to get a mid sized DJ with mother of pearl face and diamond markers but I got shown a meteorite face one with diamond markers and I was I tried searching for info on this model but I can't seem to find much info on it. Does anyone know if this is an older model? I was quoted $10,800 for it and this seems to be the best price among all the plcs I've been.

Would appreciate it if you guys can advise me if the price quoted is reasonable as well as if u think I should get the mother of pearl one (seems like most ppl choose this face) or the meteorite one.

Thanks!!
    I also the meteorite dial! But if you were to make me choose between meteorite or MOP it's hard la. To make things abit simpler,I think MOP would be more dressy of course...meteorite would be something different,abit rugged look with class. Hard to explain sometimes haha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Between the two, I would prefer the meteorite dial one. But thats just me.

A lady I know just got a lady DJ, TT rosegold, meteorite dial with diamond marker, M series, 11k+. I didnt ask the exact price, only know that above 11k. She told me she was given about 15% discount. So, I guess 10.8k not bad price.
      Submariner 14060
      Breitling Colt Auto II
      Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
      Bell & Ross BR03-92
      MM20

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
        Between the two, I would prefer the meteorite dial one. But thats just me.

A lady I know just got a lady DJ, TT rosegold, meteorite dial with diamond marker, M series, 11k+. I didnt ask the exact price, only know that above 11k. She told me she was given about 15% discount. So, I guess 10.8k not bad price.
        Yeah la...guys would prefer meteorite...ladies more for MOP.

Comment

never seen DJ with meteorite dial before... any pics? i do like meteorite on the daytona
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            never seen DJ with meteorite dial before... any pics? i do like meteorite on the daytona

Something like this...except that this is a DD haha

Comment

thanks darkie. ive ever see on daytona and DD, both beautiful watches. just on DJ i never see before. having said that, maybe i look for one next time
              [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
              Blue 6694
              Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
              [U]"My collection"[/U]:
              [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                thanks darkie. ive ever see on daytona and DD, both beautiful watches. just on DJ i never see before. having said that, maybe i look for one next time

Sian gotta take my camera out and take pic haha

Comment

Gd effort la..
                  The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                    Gd effort la..
                    LOL...i had in my mag wad...but i lazy to go take pic so just google it but cannot find then got the closest 1 which is the DD haha....

But since he special request,I just took the pic la

Comment

what meteorite....
                      crystal face la.

Comment

Originally posted by rogersk8ter View Post
                        what meteorite....
                        crystal face la.
                        hahaha....broken crystals u mean hahha

Comment

I think I saw the rose gold lady DJ at HG yesterday. The salesman showed it to me but he said it was already sold. I thought that one was really pretty too.

I dont know why I am in 2 minds abt getting a meteorite as opposed to MOP... Somehow I am afraid I'd regret it seeing how MOP is more popular. This is my 1st rollie so I am abit kia si! LOL!

Did abit more shopping today and I kinda like black MOP as well but HG and Dickson told me it doesnt exist in 31mm BUT I saw it in WP! I didnt like that pc cos the MOP wasnt very shimmery. In fact it was dull.

Comment

Firstly, WELCOME Catura to SG-ROC.. Hope you find this forum a nice place to hang out. Enjoy your stay here.

Buying your first ROLLIE or even a first expensive watch purchase, its normal that you want the best of everything. SO take ALL the time you need to shop around... When you find the right one, YOU WILL SURELY KNOW..

Its exactly like a relationship.. kekeke!

Good luck!

Desired horologes ...

- IWC Portuguese Automatic
                            - GMT II
                            - GMT IIc TT
                            - Reverso Squadra Hometime (7008620)/ Reverso Squadra
                            - Master Eight Days (1608420)
                            - U1
                            - IWC Aquatimer

An exquisite timepiece, brings timeless memories and precious moments...

Comment

Thanks for the warm welcome! I don't see many female members here so I did hesitate in posting a comment!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X