Just bought a sub-no date pls advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by evets View Post
    the pawn shop will always quote u a low price and expect you to bargain up from there...

u have to understand is that the pawn shop make their money if they are able to bring down the cost of their good and perhaps sell it at a higher price if ppl cannot redeem it after a certain period. ....
    even preowned shop same deal. buy low,sell high, the essence of every business transaction.
    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
    Blue 6694
    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
      the pawn shop will always quote u a low price and expect you to bargain up from there...

u have to understand is that the pawn shop make their money if they are able to bring down the cost of their good and perhaps sell it at a higher price if ppl cannot redeem it after a certain period. ....
      but also cannot be 1.5k lah..sounds pathetic for a submariner..

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
        but also cannot be 1.5k lah..sounds pathetic for a submariner..
        you'd be surprised how many people sell to pawnshops. In perth, I should start staking out at pawnshops and see if people interested in selling rolex. Afterall, the pawnshop really squeeze your balls when it comes to price.
        Blue 6694
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

pawnshops recognise gold more ma.
          If you bring in a half gold datejust, maybe they offer more.
          Submariner 14060
          Breitling Colt Auto II
          Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
          Bell & Ross BR03-92
          MM20

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
            you'd be surprised how many people sell to pawnshops. In perth, I should start staking out at pawnshops and see if people interested in selling rolex. Afterall, the pawnshop really squeeze your balls when it comes to price.
            perth got pawnshop meh? thought cash convertors is the way to go?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
              maybe we can start stalking people walking into pawn shop..offer a better price for their watches and then open another shop name pen guin..LOL

Comment

Congratulations on your purchase. Either ways, the 14060M is a good keep. Rolex SA is in a gradual process of phasing out the most of the existing professional sports models by 2010. And your non-chronometer version has already been replaced with the transitional chonometer version. The ex gmt II is the perfect case study, liquidation prices now are on the up & up...
                [FONT="Lucida Sans Unicode"]Time is like a ship on a merciless sea, drifting toward an abyss of nothingness until it can be rechartered for its own destiny[/FONT].

Comment

Originally posted by leslie View Post
                  maybe we can start stalking people walking into pawn shop..offer a better price for their watches and then open another shop name pen guin..LOL

Fn funny bro!
                  There is no true love, just a finely tuned jealousy

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                    Fn funny bro!
                    LOL..

Comment

Originally posted by bEnd1ck View Post
                      pawnshops recognise gold more ma.
                      If you bring in a half gold datejust, maybe they offer more.
                      very true, one time got GMTII selling for A$3k box and papers. That time I was naive, and thought GMT no value

Originally posted by triton View Post
                      perth got pawnshop meh? thought cash convertors is the way to go?
                      got...some big some small, but most is cash converters They bought a TT DJ from one desperate person for a measly A$2000
                      Blue 6694
                      [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by oro101 View Post
                        Congratulations on your purchase. Either ways, the 14060M is a good keep. Rolex SA is in a gradual process of phasing out the most of the existing professional sports models by 2010. And your non-chronometer version has already been replaced with the transitional chonometer version. The ex gmt II is the perfect case study, liquidation prices now are on the up & up...
                        oh thx bro for ur info, im quite a newbie in watches, anyway i got the gmt 2 =)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X