Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If budget around 5-6K, which will u buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If budget around 5-6K, which will u buy?

Hands itchy, thinking of a new watch! More as a reward for the pain of working so hard and being a woof-woof for the past one year at work.

I like watches with a good history and a good design. And good value for money is impt. Which of the following choices will u choose? Or any other suggestions?

1. Explorer I. Because its the master of simplicity and ultraslick, and Kimura (gatsby, gatsby!) wore it

2. Airking. Simple, entry level, classic, totally understated. I like the blue face one.

3. Other brands: Coaxial seamaster. Also a nice blue face worn by Mr Bond with good mechanism. Planet ocean is nice but lack character i feel.

4. Chanel J12. I know, what the hell, but its unisex and can buy couple watch and 4K for an automatic is goody price.

5. Santos 100. Stretching my budget by a fair bit liao. But its chunky and huge and stylish. And the nails are the nails of the Love collection
    Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

in a rolex forum u ask a question whether to get rolex or non rolex watches.

of course get a rolex. however, what rolex have you got on hand? personally i prefer rolex with date. any actors that wears it simply just push the price up for the model.

however, if you have already say like more than 2 rolex. then maybe should consider other brands. among the other brands listed, i would get a seamaster.

chanel and cartier to me are boutique watches. they do not produce watches originally. more towards fashion.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Yeah I know ha ha. Its like asking if i should buy a mac or a pc in a mac forum, so stupid rite? But I know Rolex fans are more open minded mah.

I only got one Rolex. But I got my sis a datejust so does that count as 2?

(Eventually aiming for a daytona, but it will wipe out the savings for the past few months where i have been super frugal, so that's really hard to bear. TT Daytona around 17K?)
      Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
        Yeah I know ha ha. Its like asking if i should buy a mac or a pc in a mac forum, so stupid rite? But I know Rolex fans are more open minded mah.

I only got one Rolex. But I got my sis a datejust so does that count as 2?

(Eventually aiming for a daytona, but it will wipe out the savings for the past few months where i have been super frugal, so that's really hard to bear. TT Daytona around 17K?)
        me still 50-50 on this model. price is about there
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

the choice is clear.

Get a rolex. Of all the watches you list... only the rolex has the prospect of keeping its value.

In you case , the Explorer I , 114270. Because of its cult status... it will be a better long term buy than the Airking, which is regarded more as a "budget" beginners' rolex.

That said, you can buy yourself a resale Airking for cheap... that way, you have both!

Of the omega, the Speedmaster Professional models are the most collectible. The Seamasters suffer terribly from depreciation and are best bought used.

Comment

For 5-6K in the preowned market can get you a sub,exp II,gmt,DJ with diamond markers.

So for that amount I guess it's more worth to get a preowned,more worth your money. JMO

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Hmm I have been thinking of pre-loved watches. But I m not good at assessing the condition and whether the price I m paying is value for money. A lot of trepidation and uncertainty.
              Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

actually.. i love the Chanel J12... didn't know that got another bro with the same taste.. lol..

The black ceremics... the simple white and black contrast... ...

But i like the chrono version.. not the simpler version leh... hw much is it huh ?
                A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

That's so cool. I m not sure of the chrono price.
                  But for the simpler version with leather strap is 4100. With rubber strap, I think add 1K. With ceramic strap, add 2K. Siao rite? Pay so much for the strap.
                  Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

I like the Chanel J12 too...but it juz doesn't seeem to attract me enuff to buy it

Comment

i would go for the ceremic... if i really planning to buy it...

if 6.1k for the j12 normal with ceremic.. then i tink chrono sld be ard 8k....
                      A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Fish, checked with my usual hg agent, explorer 1 is <gasp> 5.9K. Expensive sia. I rem a year ago, I could get 5.3K. Anyone got better lobang?
                        Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Buy preowned if you don't mind =)

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                            Fish, checked with my usual hg agent, explorer 1 is <gasp> 5.9K. Expensive sia. I rem a year ago, I could get 5.3K. Anyone got better lobang?
                            cash or card?

kindly email with
                            2. your nick

Comment

5.9K is card.
                              Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X