Price of Collecting Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

there's another way....

replace yr watches every 2 or 3 years..flip them. sell them and then buy the latest versions...u still lose the $$ but u get a new watch...this is a joy of flipping. but, rollie no point lah cos their designs hardly change...

cheers

james
    I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
    A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
    Audemars Piguet ROO
    Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
    De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
    Habring2 Pilot Time Date
    Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
    Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
    IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
    Panerai 270
    Patek Philippe 5711/1a
    Rolex 116610LV
    Vacheron Constantin Overseas

Comment

Reading ur posts reminds me abt car-servicing. Same theory isnt it??
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

for rolex, actually if u trust the independent technician, should be ok. cause the movements is considered basic unless it is the daytona.

my office colleagues, my relatives all sent to independent repairer. one of them i know tells me that no need to service one lah. wear until break down then service.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
          wat u say is also true. however, u have to believe that when u send it in, they truly do it.
          some people say they change the air filter on a 2mth old car ... I tell them to change it back to the one I had since mine was brand new and not yet need to change, and at S$500/pop it was daylight robbery. Because I had told them what need to be done, and what no need. Air filter was one of the no need to be done

Originally posted by triton View Post
          for rolex, actually if u trust the independent technician, should be ok. cause the movements is considered basic unless it is the daytona.

my office colleagues, my relatives all sent to independent repairer. one of them i know tells me that no need to service one lah. wear until break down then service.
          my mother also say use until open then repair.... she experience once, and i told her to service once every 5-7yrs to avoid spoil. but you know these people take alot of convincing to change their minds
          [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
          Blue 6694
          Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
          [U]"My collection"[/U]:
          [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

All depend on individual.

Lets take my tag for example, I brought mine in 2000 and it's about 8 years old and not a single service.

Still running pretty well except 3 minutes slow down per week.

...so if you are the one that mind the 3 minutes slow down then the watch basically needs a service.

Cheers,

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
            Working...
            X