Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pre-own purchase questions

Hi all,

looking around to a pre-own watch for wife. Ard 3-4K.
    Heard Alfred Png @ Golden Mile Food Center

Anyone has any comments, or other recommendation?

thanks for your time.

you may want to check out this thread.

quite a number of pre-owned shop from there.

i have never dealt with alfred png before. however, i spoke to him several times. nice person. best time to go is mid to late afternoon. however, do call before you go.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

i was just out chatting wif a watch dealer, who deals in pre-owned rollies...inadvertantly the discussion was on the sub-date. i tested him and asked if i wanna sell mine, how much will it fetch? he asked me to name a price instead. since mine is a z-series, i said $6k, thereabout.

he smiled and told me tt wld be out of the question. he told me tt his `runners' flies to hk regularly to buy brand new sub-d for just under $6k a pop and resale it here. as he is in the watch business, he said he got a lot of contacts with ADs there. he also said margin made in resale rollie is not as good as b4. only make a few hundred bucks for each watch.

i dun know whether to believe him or not, but this chap has been in this business for over 20+ years...

Comment

try talking to other pre-owned shop owners. see their comments. if another 1 or 2 also say the same thing, then it is the norm already.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

kindly email with
        2. your nick

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

Comment

i went to hk n still find e price more exp then spore .
          maybe i don hav e buyer look bah

Comment

Originally posted by skydude View Post
            i went to hk n still find e price more exp then spore .
            maybe i don hav e buyer look bah
            think you need to have the right contacts.

kindly email with
            2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              think you need to have the right contacts.
              i guess so....i spoke wiif a colleague there who is also `siow' luxury watches and he gave me a name in TST, in holiday inn complex. not too sure if the shop deals in pre-owned or new... if any of you keen, pm me, can pass u the contact...but drive a good bargain will depend on your skillz

i am going to hk this late nov to see if there is good buys...

Comment

Rem to get a list of prices ...
                A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office.

Just me and my NT...

Comment

Originally posted by garb-age View Post
                  i guess so....i spoke wiif a colleague there who is also `siow' luxury watches and he gave me a name in TST, in holiday inn complex. not too sure if the shop deals in pre-owned or new... if any of you keen, pm me, can pass u the contact...but drive a good bargain will depend on your skillz

i am going to hk this late nov to see if there is good buys...
                  if TST is in HK, then i dunno when will head there.

kindly email with
                  2. your nick

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    if TST is in HK, then i dunno when will head there.
                    TST = Tsim Sha Tsui

Comment

i just got my 114270 today from koh watches. very good service and dedication by darren, highly recommended! although this is my first rolex and i know nothing about it, he was patient to explain to me what i should be looking out for and gave me a price other shops can't match.

on the other hand....

pior to this, i went to check out prices at bronze age, which is just across the bridge. as i went into the shop i asked the guy inside there if i can have a look at any 114270 they have.

to my amazement he replied "there in the display lor" and pointed to the glass display.

dude, if you're reading this: if you're not interested in doing business then why bother to open a shop? 114270 too cheap / profit margin too low?

or is it because i was in berms?
                      Last edited by irindale; 12-09-07, 02:23 AM.

Comment

Ya. Bronze age is famous for their nonchalant attitude. But I don't really care, so long as they sell what I want and they sell it cheap
                        Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Originally posted by irindale View Post
                          i just got my 114270 today
                          How much was it (if convenient)?

Comment

I went to Bronze Age too. I find their service very good though, prob the best among the pre-owned shops I went to. They would explain things to me and show me all the watches I want esp the 2 sisters. And I m quite young and v casually dressed at that time. Must visit!

Koh watches v good too. Darren was v friendly as well. And the selection is really a lot!! Now that I've been to Koh watches, I dont think I can ever see Hourglass or first hand in the same light again.
                            Just a 16613 Blue TT Sub

Comment

Originally posted by Bluedevil View Post
                              I went to Bronze Age too. I find their service very good though, prob the best among the pre-owned shops I went to. They would explain things to me and show me all the watches I want esp the 2 sisters. And I m quite young and v casually dressed at that time. Must visit!

Koh watches v good too. Darren was v friendly as well. And the selection is really a lot!! Now that I've been to Koh watches, I dont think I can ever see Hourglass or first hand in the same light again.
                              Hahaha...I dun really like to buy first hand coz more expensive...and not really worth it.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X