Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

any alteration may void the warranty,, that includes the waterproofing

Comment

what happen original dial with fake diamonds? Can / Would they able to tell?

Comment

Originally posted by wjunkie View Post
        yes, they have the cateloge for dials too.
        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by wjunkie View Post
          You guys think abit far liao lah...hardly people go to the extend of putting fake diamonds on a original dial.. doesn't make economic sense

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            You guys think abit far liao lah...hardly people go to the extend of putting fake diamonds on a original dial.. doesn't make economic sense
            Agreed, nothing for them to do...
            Current:
            No More Liao...

Comment

I intend to bring our new rollies that we recently bought from Watch Arena for authentification.... But somehow getting butterflies in the stomach.... Hope that everything is real....

We got the sub v series. Heard with the engraving, it is not so easy to fake???? I think I am concern about original parts in the watch.

Comment

Finally did it today. I am a layman but thought they did very thorough work to check every single parts. So the $75 is worth it and they give you a watch case after that.

Comment

Verification of authenticity in RSC

As the above mentioned, I would like to know the result of polishing from RSC. Will the watch look exactly as new from showcase? For those senior can you spot watches that has already been polished before? Can someone post a photo of their watches thats just been polish?

Pardon me for this newbie question....

Comment

Originally posted by OlgaShtain View Post
                    As the above mentioned, I would like to know the result of polishing from RSC. Will the watch look exactly as new from showcase? For those senior can you spot watches that has already been polished before? Can someone post a photo of their watches thats just been polish?

Pardon me for this newbie question....
                    Didn't you see this..

http://www.sg-roc.com/showthread.php?t=42859

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Ok here goes, sry can't start thread, posted a long one but didn't appear..sian.

Anyway, my father passed away last year and he left behind this watch. I would believe it to be a real rolex but i'm sure the bracelet is not. (has some other brand on it)

Some noticeable defects in layman terms.
                      1. Bracelet not original
                      2. The backside..erm. is there a term for this...the behind of the watch no logo. Should there be one?
                      3. Time is like moving faster than normal. 5mins is not 5mins..it's 4mins +
                      4. Scratches on the glass.
                      5. No warranty card, no nothing to prove that it's authentic.

I can't afford a brand new rolex but i think that the idea of overhauling/restoring my dad's would give me something to remember him by and to own one.

Any places to restore this? I heard that the service center will not do it if some parts are not authentic (bracelet already 1..the rest i don't know)

And finally, how much is it estimated to cost?

Here are some pics, sry for the crap quality, taken using handfone.

Comment

Anyway, my father passed away last year and he left behind this watch. I would believe it to be a real rolex but i'm sure the bracelet is not. (has some other brand on it)

Some noticeable defects in layman terms.
                        1. Bracelet not original
                        2. The backside..erm. is there a term for this...the behind of the watch no logo. Should there be one?
                        3. Time is like moving faster than normal. 5mins is not 5mins..it's 4mins +
                        4. Scratches on the glass.
                        5. No warranty card, no nothing to prove that it's authentic.

I can't afford a brand new rolex but i think that the idea of overhauling/restoring my dad's would give me something to remember him by and to own one.

Any places to restore this? I heard that the service center will not do it if some parts are not authentic (bracelet already 1..the rest i don't know)

And finally, how much is it estimated to cost?

Comment

1st of all, welcome to SGROC.

The caseback shouldn't have any Rolex logo - its engraved on the inside. So the only way is to have a technician open it up and verify it.

You can bring the watch to RSC @ Orchard and get them to quote you for a service. If its not authentic, they will advise you and vice-versa. Standard service charge will be ranging from $600++ onwards depending on what needs to be replaced. For e.g. if the bracelet is not authentic, they will advise you to discard and replace a new one. Not sure how much a new one cost but it will definitely be in the range of a few hundred bucks.

Alternatively, you can look for 2nd hand bracelet that are sold in pre-own Rolex shops. You can also opt to service your watch at former Rolex-techs at Golden Landmark or Lucky Plaza.

Search this forum and you will find a few names for you to check out. They are 'cheaper' compared to RSC's service charge.

Of course, with RSC ... you get a Rolex receipt and 1-yr warranty ....

Choice is ultimately your's.

Comment

Originally posted by SubZero View Post

Of course, with RSC ... you get a Rolex receipt and 1-yr warranty ....
                            The international warranty is now 2yrs...
                            Current:
                            No More Liao...

Comment

servicing is $730 for datejusts and $790 for sports models....2 years warr is correct....bracelet price not too sure about TT as i enquired on the S.S Jubilee bracelet non SEL....
                              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X