No announcement yet.

Verification /Authentication at Rolex Service Centre

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Firstly...trust your Rolex technicians. And always remember...THERE IS NO SUCH REPLICA THAT CAN FOOL A ROLEX TECHNICIAN/EXPERT. I really want to stress this point. There are always people saying that Rolex replica has become so good that experts can't tell. Let me tell you...it's utter bullsh!t and a myth.

MYTHS/FACTS....

Movement - Replicas have done so well that they can replicated the same Rolex movement and even technicians or experts cannot tell. WRONG!

The actual Rolex movement can NEVER, I repeat NEVER be replicated. So the point that Fedual mentioned,200 over parts...how would you know that it is 100% genuine. Let me tell you...you are right about the part that unless the technician opens up and takes out every single part,he is not able to tell that the watch is 100% genuine. But he can make sure overall the watch is
    genuine.

But ok...look on this side of the story. This shows that the watch is at least 99% genuine...that 1 or 2 parts it MAYBE replaced, but it exactly won't spoil the movement. And personally I would not consider something which is 99% original with a part or 2 changed, a REPLICA. That’s why I would agree that a simple check by a technician/expert on the outside and a simple check on the movement would be all right. It would not really affect the resale value also even if it is only 99% original only, WHY? Simply because when you buy a Rolex, do you check the watch up till the tiny little parts? I think that would answer your question.

Though it may sound offending but, I think this would answer your question feudal, if you find that $75 paid to him not worth it as he is not taking out everything part . Then I rather you ask me to check the watch for you for $20, I can do the exact same thing but you have to trust what I am doing.

Bottom line is to trust the seller, if you don’t, simple don’t buy.

Overall looks – Replicas are so good these days, even experts cannot tell the difference! WRONG!

Yes I agree that replicas have done well on the outlooks, it CAN fool a normal person from far or close up. It CAN also fool an expert but only from far, once an expert holds it, or is within close range of the watch, he knows immediately if it is genuine. Good replicas like the swiss made replicas would require experts to look closely at a few main places. For me I would look at…

1) Coronet or aka the Rolex Crown. On either the dial, crown, green sticker if applicable or clasp
    2) Date magnification/font

I feel that there is no need to open up the caseback to authenticate, unless in the case that I cannot tell from the 2 points above,which I have yet to meet. The coronet/rolex crown is the biggest giveaway.

For someone that handles Rolex everyday or frequently, or have done enough research, there is no replica that can fool them. The moment they handle a replica, the can tell immediately.Another thing to add is that Rolex watches are engineered to precision. I would say EVERY SINGLE part of the watch is “perfect”. Everything would fit nicely and easily with absolutely no faults and is flawless.

I would not want to say more, but I think this is enough to answer the questions of feudal and some of you guys.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Firstly,I thank you all for your kind patience. I finally finished it up on what I wanted to post. Thanks for staying tuned!

If you do not agree with what I said. Feel free to comment. Dun worry about me being offended,I won't. If I am wrong,I would not mind being corrected.

I only wrote down 2 important points that answered the question,but I think thought would be sufficient.

*Public Service Announcement* Do not buy replicas.

hehe...

But seriously, 1.5k-2k on a fake is too expensive. I would not pay more than $100 for 1.

Comment

Thumbs up to Darkangle for the writeup.It does clear some myth.

Hmmm.. during my business trip to china>shanghai,i went to Chen Huang Miao... in the darkest ally there lies some rollie...see 5 mins also cannot tel the diff untill i put side by side wid my exp 2...the movement is not quite same but VERY close.No need swiss, china have liao
        Can say the fake rollie needle movement is even more smooth then te 1 on my wrist...wahaha

As Dark advice,te Date magnification/font is really a big give away...totally diff...but on another roolie(outlook 1 see know its fake)the font of the date is almost identical.. those ppl tat produce fake also no QC at all..
        Money Money come to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Cop View Post
          Thumbs up to Darkangle for the writeup.It does clear some myth.
          Hmmm.. during my business trip to china>shanghai,i went to Chen Huang Miao... in the darkest ally there lies some rollie...see 5 mins also cannot tel the diff untill i put side by side wid my exp 2...the movement is not quite same but VERY close.No need swiss, china have liao
          Can say the fake rollie needle movement is even more smooth then te 1 on my wrist...wahaha

As Dark advice,te Date magnification/font is really a big give away...totally diff...but on another roolie(outlook 1 see know its fake)the font of the date is almost identical.. those ppl tat produce fake also no QC at all..
          Yeah fakes no QC...hopeless 1..hahaha. Thanks for the compliment.
          Last edited by Darkangel; 13-06-08, 10:42 PM.

Comment

Darkangel, very well said...

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
            Firstly...trust your Rolex technicians. And always remember...THERE IS NO SUCH REPLICA THAT CAN FOOL A ROLEX TECHNICIAN/EXPERT. I really want to stress this point. There are always people saying that Rolex replica has become so good that experts can't tell. Let me tell you...it's utter bullsh!t and a myth.

MYTHS/FACTS....

Movement - Replicas have done so well that they can replicated the same Rolex movement and even technicians or experts cannot tell. WRONG!

The actual Rolex movement can NEVER, I repeat NEVER be replicated. So the point that Fedual mentioned,200 over parts...how would you know that it is 100% genuine. Let me tell you...you are right about the part that unless the technician opens up and takes out every single part,he is not able to tell that the watch is 100% genuine. But he can make sure overall the watch is
            genuine.

But ok...look on this side of the story. This shows that the watch is at least 99% genuine...that 1 or 2 parts it MAYBE replaced, but it exactly won't spoil the movement. And personally I would not consider something which is 99% original with a part or 2 changed, a REPLICA. That’s why I would agree that a simple check by a technician/expert on the outside and a simple check on the movement would be all right. It would not really affect the resale value also even if it is only 99% original only, WHY? Simply because when you buy a Rolex, do you check the watch up till the tiny little parts? I think that would answer your question.

Though it may sound offending but, I think this would answer your question feudal, if you find that $75 paid to him not worth it as he is not taking out everything part . Then I rather you ask me to check the watch for you for $20, I can do the exact same thing but you have to trust what I am doing.

Bottom line is to trust the seller, if you don’t, simple don’t buy.

Overall looks – Replicas are so good these days, even experts cannot tell the difference! WRONG!

Yes I agree that replicas have done well on the outlooks, it CAN fool a normal person from far or close up. It CAN also fool an expert but only from far, once an expert holds it, or is within close range of the watch, he knows immediately if it is genuine. Good replicas like the swiss made replicas would require experts to look closely at a few main places. For me I would look at…

1) Coronet or aka the Rolex Crown. On either the dial, crown, green sticker if applicable or clasp
            2) Date magnification/font

I feel that there is no need to open up the caseback to authenticate, unless in the case that I cannot tell from the 2 points above,which I have yet to meet. The coronet/rolex crown is the biggest giveaway.

For someone that handles Rolex everyday or frequently, or have done enough research, there is no replica that can fool them. The moment they handle a replica, the can tell immediately.Another thing to add is that Rolex watches are engineered to precision. I would say EVERY SINGLE part of the watch is “perfect”. Everything would fit nicely and easily with absolutely no faults and is flawless.

I would not want to say more, but I think this is enough to answer the questions of feudal and some of you guys.

Comment

rolex also got its QC problems sometimes cronet out of position, markers cock eye, etc sometimes you wonder if the fella at QC is just collecting kang lui and shaking hand/leg

Originally posted by seiko.citizen
              rolex also got its QC problems sometimes cronet out of position, markers cock eye, etc sometimes you wonder if the fella at QC is just collecting kang lui and shaking hand/leg
              Coronet out of position? won't have 1 la...if u are saying brand new.

I have never seen 1 case like this though...but it's not impt... very rare

recently on the TRF this fella DJ got two "VIII" at the 7 + 8 position

Originally posted by seiko.citizen
              recently on the TRF this fella DJ got two "VIII" at the 7 + 8 position
              wow that's rare....really rare

makes you wonder the QC fella sleeping on the job or what

Merged all posts coz and this should be a serious topic SORRY!

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                Darkangel, very well said...
                Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by ^Lee^ View Post
                  There is NO authenticity certification/form instead they just provides you an invoice and this invoice is to tells the watch is authentic. Otherwise they won't issue invoice.
                  Oh i c. Cos' some other RSC in other country do provide this, so-called, authenticity form.

Comment

Melbourne RSC is one of them to my knowledge.
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

should pin this good thread up, it helps for newbie like myself
                      Time is the essence of man

Comment

Originally posted by TNT View Post
                        Oh i c. Cos' some other RSC in other country do provide this, so-called, authenticity form.
                        Bearing in mind that RSC Singapore do not service any Rolex with non-original parts (even diamond-filled bezel!), I suppose the invoice issued is good enough.

Comment

Originally posted by Of Watches & Men View Post
                          Bearing in mind that RSC Singapore do not service any Rolex with non-original parts (even diamond-filled bezel!), I suppose the invoice issued is good enough.
                          Yes that's correct

Comment

mine got verified by RSC technician in less then 5 mins rather then the usual 20-30 mins. though what we want is the green slip, the short time of verification kind of make me ponder.. what if there are double standards.. as in few years later (no modification to the watch), after i sold my watch, the buyer send for verification and another "more on" RSC technician spotted the "difference" and fail it.... sorry guys think i over worry or that really tinkle abit
                            I need DeTox . Poisoned from Arowana, Marine Reef, Tube Amp Speakers Audiophile, Rollies and Paneraillies

Comment

Ha ha ha... that one we can't help you. They are the official rolex technican and they are gods of rolex... so what they say is always "correct".
                              We are always being told by the ladies there that once the watch is out of RSC's door, they are not responsible for anything. So, even if you managed to get a "paper" from RSC and once you are out of RSC and turn around, they can "fail" your watch.... ha ha ha

Originally posted by archie2000 View Post
                              mine got verified by RSC technician in less then 5 mins rather then the usual 20-30 mins. though what we want is the green slip, the short time of verification kind of make me ponder.. what if there are double standards.. as in few years later (no modification to the watch), after i sold my watch, the buyer send for verification and another "more on" RSC technician spotted the "difference" and fail it.... sorry guys think i over worry or that really tinkle abit

Comment

Originally posted by archie2000 View Post
                                Well actually...they hold the watch in their hands they know already. The rest are delay tactic to make it look like they are doing work.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X