End of the journey or perhaps not?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• End of the journey or perhaps not?

With the new releases of the Sub Ceramic and the upcoming Explorer model, it will be a while before Rolex releases newer models.

Many of us have ultimately a dream watch to own. For some, it may take a while, for others may be as soon as the stock is next available.

I can’t help but reflect on my journey with watches & ROC. From my humble Seiko diver to TH Monacos and now Rolexes, the running up and down of trading and buying watches, god knows how much time and money have been invested. And I realised subconsciously, it was all leading to the final ONE.

Perhaps you too, may like to share with us on your direction once you have attained the final ONE....or will you always be chasing after the next ONE?

I have been asking myself, once I have attained the SubC LV, whats next? Will my journey end or is the door opening to other interests in life?

Of course, we are here for many reasons. For me, the final ONE is probably it, some are traders, some are here for knowledge, etc.

So will your journey end or perhaps not?

I've found that the journey never ends. Once you think you have found the grail, you then realise that it just a temporary 'high'.

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
      i've found that the journey never ends. Once you think you have found the grail, you then realise that it just a temporary 'high'.
      exactly!
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
        I've found that the journey never ends. Once you think you have found the grail, you then realise that it just a temporary 'high'.
        Precisely! The final one is always the "next" one.

Comment

perhaps i m fortunate to have a small left wrist (alittle under 6") and also not have a liking to wear watch on my right hand (6.3") so there arent many "grails" around.

After purchasing the explorer II, i thought it would be a permanent high but alas, as you guys all know, i m already targeting a new one.

I believe its the consumerism imentality prevalent in the society that tells us they there is always something else better out there or that you need different things for different purpose - e.g. how many people have heard that you need a different watch for sports in the 70s or 80s?

Also with the affluence of Singaporeans nowadays, watches tell more than the time.... they tell all about you! wow...

Hmmm anyway after digressing, i think my grail will be a Patek.... Nautilus but i wonder if their 40mm is small enough to look classy on my 6" wrist. I also want another BALL watch for sports... (see what I mean)

With these two i should be rather happy for decades hahahaahha.... anyway the "grail" is but a dream... too expensive and too unrealistic a choice.

For now, I'll enjoy my explorer II
          Currently own:
          Rolex Explorer 2 Black Dial 16570
          Rolex Precision 6694 (Manual winding)
          Blue Dial/Silver Markers
          Seiko SNZG15K1
          Ball EMII Diver green inner bezel!
          Stowa Marine Original (White dial)

Wishlist:
          Luminor Marina 1950 3 Days Automatic PAM 392 42mm

(gone and missing them)
          Omega Seamaster 2254.50
          Breitling Colt GMT (Black dial)

Comment

Well said!!!hehehehe
            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

just like TV serial ma,end of a 30 episode drama then continue with another new 40 episode drama.It'll nv ends...The journery shall continue.
              累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

depend on which country de....taiwan "AI" GOING ON FOR 100S of episodes liao...hehehehehe

Comment

The chase will only end when I end

And i hope that is not anytime soon
                  I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Wow...bro u r power! for me the chase end when my wallet is empty..which is like now...hahahaha...

Comment

it will slow to a halt but never really end.
                      Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

It will never end.
                        Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by Fengy View Post
                          perhaps i m fortunate to have a small left wrist (alittle under 6")
                          i have a small wrist too..! it seems like a "natural" limit to my quest for watches. for sports watches, i cannot go above 40 or 41mm, and for dress watches 36 or 38mm. with the tread towards large watches.. it seems to be that i will eventually be "forced out of the market".. not a bad thing actually..

Comment

After you are done with Rolex, start the addiction on AP and after that PP. It is never the final one...

Comment

The journey will always continue....even if you found your grail.....you will be on the look out for "complementary" pieces to round out your collection.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X