No announcement yet.

Hurdles in buying watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i forgot to mention... conditioning your wife can be done in a variety of ways, and doesn't always have to be through expensive watches and quarrels. this was how i did it:
    i go through a series of cheap(er) watches to get my wife used to a differing array of watches, and i make sure to tell her whenever i'm selling one. of course she does ask why i buy it in the first place if i'm selling it so soon after, but when i mention i'm not selling at loss, she doesn't really mind.

so over the years she has gotten used to my buying/selling and doesn't even look at my wrist anymore. i sometimes bring her along so that she can count the money in the car when i have sold a watch.

i also sometimes bring her along with the money when i buy a watch (although i will bring extra money in my own pocket so she doesn't know exactly how much i bought it for).

thus she thinks this watch thing is not a financially detrimental hobby and no longer says much about it. she in facts tells her friends and relatives back home that i'm quite good with watches...!

she has a few of her own watches; 4 to be exact - an ebel, a coach, a cartier and a rolex. even though she appreciates that her explorer2 is the only watch she owns that "water cannot enter" (yes, she's quite a chor lor woman), she doesn't care about watches and i have found that it is impossible to turn her into a WIS.

however, she does borrow my day-date from time to time. maybe there is some hope...?

personally, i try not to buy watches with boxes as i don't have space in my home safe/safe deposit box to keep them. as i don't like to pay retail, i have never purchased brand new watches and stick to pre-owned.

as such, most of my watches don't have boxes. if you don't have a SDB or personal safe/office to hide these boxes, box-less watches are the way to go.
    “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
    Working...
    X