Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dont be shy ladies, share your perspective on watches.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

am a watch collector, and a Rolex owner. I can tell a fake within 5 seconds if I hold it. It is hard to tell from the photograph, but I did make some observations:

I have never seen a Rolex that did not have numerals, stones, or markers at 11 of the 12 positions. Yours only has two at (6, and 9). Your watch is rare, fake, customized, or some model I do not know about.

The date font does not look right. Very few Datejusts have fonts have a closed 6 or 9.

The date is too small. The magnifier should be 2.5x. Yours looks about 1.5x. That is typical of a fake.

The hands are way too short. The second hand on all Rolex models is long enough to reach the outside edge of the date window. Short hands are typical of one well know Chinese manufacture. No part of a real Rolex is made in China.

Sorry, but that watch is either a fake or badly refurbished.

Here are some other tell-tail signs of a fake:

Shake the watch from side to side. If you hear the weight scrape or can feel it move, the watch is a fake.

Put the watch in fast running water (under the faucet in the bathtub tub will do). Most fakes will leak under that kind of pressure.

Most sports models have a rotating bezel. Turn teh bezell. A Rolex will not “click”. The bezel should be smooth moving.

A real Rolex gets service every five years or so. Unusually scratches are polished out, the bezel gets replaced, etc. But some nicks remain. A fake Rolex will not six months if worn daily. It will end up discarded long before it had many opportunities to get scratched. Therefore a fake will always look new.

A real Rolex (properly serviced) will keep time for about 40 hours when fully wound, and left on a table undisturbed. A fake might keep time for 12 at best.

A real Rolex will gain or loose only about 4 seconds a day. I have yet to see even a brand new fake that can keep time within +/-30 seconds a day.

Ask the owner of the Rolex what the “case reference number” (model number) is. Owners of fakes will not know such things. Any watch enthusiast owning a real Rolex will not only know the model number but the serial number series. I own a model 116610. The series it ‘T’.

Comment

Originally posted by marland1982 View Post
      am a watch collector, and a Rolex owner. I can tell a fake within 5 seconds if I hold it. It is hard to tell from the photograph, but I did make some observations:

I have never seen a Rolex that did not have numerals, stones, or markers at 11 of the 12 positions. Yours only has two at (6, and 9). Your watch is rare, fake, customized, or some model I do not know about.

The date font does not look right. Very few Datejusts have fonts have a closed 6 or 9.

The date is too small. The magnifier should be 2.5x. Yours looks about 1.5x. That is typical of a fake.

The hands are way too short. The second hand on all Rolex models is long enough to reach the outside edge of the date window. Short hands are typical of one well know Chinese manufacture. No part of a real Rolex is made in China.

Sorry, but that watch is either a fake or badly refurbished.

Shake the watch from side to side. If you hear the weight scrape or can feel it move, the watch is a fake.

Put the watch in fast running water (under the faucet in the bathtub tub will do). Most fakes will leak under that kind of pressure.

Most sports models have a rotating bezel. Turn teh bezell. A Rolex will not “click”. The bezel should be smooth moving.

A real Rolex gets service every five years or so. Unusually scratches are polished out, the bezel gets replaced, etc. But some nicks remain. A fake Rolex will not six months if worn daily. It will end up discarded long before it had many opportunities to get scratched. Therefore a fake will always look new.

A real Rolex (properly serviced) will keep time for about 40 hours when fully wound, and left on a table undisturbed. A fake might keep time for 12 at best.

A real Rolex will gain or loose only about 4 seconds a day. I have yet to see even a brand new fake that can keep time within +/-30 seconds a day.

Ask the owner of the Rolex what the “case reference number” (model number) is. Owners of fakes will not know such things. Any watch enthusiast owning a real Rolex will not only know the model number but the serial number series. I own a model 116610. The series it ‘T’.
      You own a 116610 that is "T" series?

Comment

Originally posted by lefty View Post
        You own a 116610 that is "T" series?
        i think maybe she was trying to say that she owns a 16610 "t" series...
        HOME THEATERPHILE

MY HUMBLE COLLECTION
        ROLEX SUBMARINER 116613LBD 8 POINT DIAMOND DIAL "G" SERIAL
        Rolex Submariner TT 16613LN "s" series<<<[TRADED]
        Rolex Datejust 1601 "5 mil" series<<<[SOLD]
        Breitling Sirius Automatic 18K/SS B10071<<<[SOLD]
        TAG Heuer Carrera Calibre 16 Date CV2010
        G-Shock mudman g9300 ( daily beater )

HER'S
        Rolex ladies datejust
        vintage Cartier tank 18k
        TAG Heuer Formula 1 ceramic diamonds

Comment

On whose watch is "she" commenting? Can't see the connection of her post in this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Ymc View Post
            On whose watch is "she" commenting? Can't see the connection of her post in this thread.

Weird 1st (and only) post from a new member in the wrong thread. No offence but honestly I won't take it seriously.
            Last edited by pegasi; 01-01-13, 05:29 PM.
            Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

even a genuine rolex can have leaks. why? leaks can be caused by case back not closed properly. cracks in the sapphire crystal that may not have been detected.

i service my rolex regularly. in fact every 2-3 years. but i dont request for my watch to be polished.

have you seen any rolex that has been beautifully polished and looks like new coming out of RSC? does that mean the watch is fake?

have you come across the AAA not original rolex that can keep good time?

my friend's father owns easily 5 rolex watches, but he is not familiar with model number.

if you own a 116610 starting with alphabet T followed by 6 digits, then i will like to see that watch. appreciate if you can post a picture of your watch especially with the chapter ring serial.

thank you.

Originally posted by marland1982 View Post
              am a watch collector, and a Rolex owner. I can tell a fake within 5 seconds if I hold it.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

regular servicing is very important

Comment

hmmm some of u post servicing every 3 years other 5 years, whats the suggested interval ?

also, send back to RSC or places like Watch Arena ?

Comment

Have you read these?

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/88321-...ight=servicing
                    http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/105279...ight=servicing
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X