No announcement yet.

What to inspect when buying AD watch.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

next time i want to buy watch, i will ask you for recommendation. thank you first ah.

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
    wow...then i must be really lucky...my subc tt is sealed in the plastic container and the SA broke the seal in front of me...hehehehe....
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Hahaha..Big Boss...you must be kidding me eh....me buy new watch like 20 years once from AD....mostly going for pre-loved pieces from fellow bros and sisters in here....hehehe...

Becoz the poisoning is hard to purge...and pockets shallow...so BNIB from AD is a extremely rare occassion...

I think Bro KuchingKu might have much better contacts in ADs than me for sure...hehehehe...
      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
        i would like most other members suggested, ask for a brand new one from safe. this watch is usually kept in a plastic container.

i would then have a quick scan through to look for all stickers that are intact.

i would then ask for a loupe if i forget to bring mine and examine the watch carefully.

i would then match the serial number on the watch case against the paper/card.

i would then check for if there are all the tags present. green and red tags.

i would check that i am given the right model booklet(s).

after all is done, then i hand over payment.
        Nice! Thanks for the advice.

Guess you have to be lucky to have a new watch in the safe when you decide to buy.

How long does it normally take for new stock to arrive if you've put a deposit down?

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
          Ha. Not easy to earn your money. I would usually only go to my familiar SA. She won't pull such trick on me. Very few pieces sealed in safe. Those in safe and sealed are mostly the PP and Lange.
          hahahaa yeah man wah lau ehh bro triton your monies sibei pai tang! hahahaha

Comment

if the watch is available within the AD. usually 3-5 working days. if not, then takes awhile. depending on stock availability

Originally posted by lakland View Post
            Nice! Thanks for the advice.

Guess you have to be lucky to have a new watch in the safe when you decide to buy.

How long does it normally take for new stock to arrive if you've put a deposit down?
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
              if it is new from safe, usually it is kept in a plastic container with all the stickers on the watch intact. all corresponding tags/label are also there.
              Thanks for the advice.

Comment

I'll like to correct/add certain facts here.

If the watch is available within an AD, it's almost immediate to get the watch. For example you walk into The Hour Glass (THG) at Lucky Plaza to buy a watch that is not available there. But they have one at the Ngee Ann City outlet. So one phonecall away and the watch should reach you within minutes. And if the watch is not available at all, the wait is indefinite.

As for how a watch should be packaged when it is new, it will depend on the brand and the design (of the watch). Those that come in bracelets may be packaged differently from those that are on leather straps and so on. So it all depends. I have seen a brand new, leather-strap watch taken out of an AD safe that was kept in a soft, plastic transparent pouch so the watch is stretched straight out. The reason was to keep the leather strap in "iron-straight" condition.

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

If the watch is available within an AD, it's almost immediate to get the watch. For example you walk into The Hour Glass (THG) at Lucky Plaza to buy a watch that is not available there. But they have one at the Ngee Ann City outlet. So one phonecall away and the watch should reach you within minutes. And if the watch is not available at all, the wait is indefinite.

As for how a watch should be packaged when it is new, it will depend on the brand and the design (of the watch). Those that come in bracelets may be packaged differently from those that are on leather straps and so on. So it all depends. I have seen a brand new, leather-strap watch taken out of an AD safe that was kept in a soft, plastic transparent pouch so the watch is stretched straight out. The reason was to keep the leather strap in "iron-straight" condition.

It is usually vacuum-packed for PP (leather) and sealed pack in paper box for bracelet.

Comment

Originally posted by louie View Post
                    haha bro, you one of the gurus in horology...but seriously i have seen this happens, that if you like to hang out at our local workshops. Dun be surprised to see sales staff bringing in watches to them for polishing,esp those from the showcases. If you buying new at the AD,my advise is tell SA "i wanna those from your safe" not from the showcase. If no stock,than i come back again. bro one of my buddies brought a sud "brand new" hor,happily thought bo tai ji " brand new mah frm AD. After a few days looking at the dial...wah say! one of the index lume like not painted properly..
                    case in point:

"BNIB" sub LV

“Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by taxico View Post
                      case in point:

"BNIB" sub LV
                      Hi Taxico, What are we looking at? Sorry ah, excuse the Noob.

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post

Thank you for the advice! A friend just poisoned me with thoughts of a Sub or GMT II instead of a Milgauss or DJ II. Cham man. Now got to go back to the AD and try try again. I think when I finally buy, the AD will throw a (very very small) party.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X