This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread Closed : Requested by TS

Rolex tradition color theme has been green. This baby somehow come with green 24 hr hand and green logo. I bought this thinking that it will rise faster as long it has green theme on the watch.

Any opinion and view on my foresight.

Sorry, what you mean by "rise faster"? If u mean apperciate in value, i really doubt so.

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
      Sorry, what you mean by "rise faster"? If u mean apperciate in value, i really doubt so.
      Look at rolex sub green, more expensive than the black model. Its green!!! Green sell in rolex i would think.

Comment

What if a few months down the road the demand for the GMT IIc just went down the drain and people would offer me $6000 to buy it and I would say no?

The same possibility as the 116710 becoming the star buy for future.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by xinqun View Post
          Look at rolex sub green, more expensive than the black model. Its green!!! Green sell in rolex i would think.
          sorry sir, but according to your logic, red sub 1680 (red submariner wording) is also more expensive than green and black subs. should we stock up on daytonas (red daytona wording)?

Comment

well.. to each it's own... if that is your thinking which you believe in... time to stock it up....good luck..

Comment

maybe it will. like 40-50 years down the road. if it is any earlier, then it is attributed to demand and supply. just a green hand wont cause it to rise.

even the milgauss GV was initially hot but once the demand fades off.......

Rolex tradition color theme has been green. This baby somehow come with green 24 hr hand and green logo. I bought this thinking that it will rise faster as long it has green theme on the watch.

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

green sub (kermit) was in demand because it was a 50th anniversary edition. but people may have the misconception that it will be limited in numbers. but it is not. hence once the demand slows down, the price also slows down.

green sub(hulk) was in demand because the supply was low when first launch. but the price has since soften. you say expensive than black model, but by how much? it is marginal. why price it higher? is it really due to demand and supply or is it due to marketing or is it due to other reason.

you will need to look @ the bigger picture than just price alone

if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                1. subject heading indicating your issue
                2. your nick
                3. your corresponding email address
                4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

do u have a hidden agenda for strating this thread?
                  累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Agenda, hidden or not, doesn't really matter IMO. Whether this model will "rise to the occasion" or not remains unknown. I don't think anyone here will be, in anyway, swayed or influenced by this thread. If a watch is popular, it is popular whether you like it or not. If it sells, it sells. I know TS is selling a same pc at the Garage Sales section. Let's just say ............ good luck
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

IMO, 2 things - 'supply and demand' and 'fashion and trend'. There is a Chinese saying,'物以稀为贵'. Personally, the green hulk does not suit my taste.
                      Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
                      Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
                      / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                        Agenda, hidden or not, doesn't really matter IMO. Whether this model will "rise to the occasion" or not remains unknown. I don't think anyone here will be, in anyway, swayed or influenced by this thread. If a watch is popular, it is popular whether you like it or not. If it sells, it sells. I know TS is selling a same pc at the Garage Sales section. Let's just say ............ good luck
                        It just a topics out of the blue when i saw a hulk sub while getting the only piece GMT

Comment

No prob. Carry on discussing. You may get lucky!
                          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/71714-...ramic-116710LN

LOL... obvious shilling... maybe such a rule should be included for seller.

Comment

Why did you buy the watch with such a foresight and then flip it right away? Isn't it a star buy "for future"...
                              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X