This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by illusion84 View Post
    do u have a hidden agenda for strating this thread?
    haha, my friend. It was an innocent question. I was given a choice of a green and black sub and GMT2c (stock was super low with only 1). The green is 2k more than the black sub. Althought it was just the color, the price was 2k more. It was not a limited edition either. So i thought green sell . I pose the question as GMT traditionally have been red theme and not green. If rolex GMT goes back to red , then this is worth the penny. Asking opinions for discussion.

I think your hidden agenda for asking could have link to my sale thread to the question. My sale price and my mobile are very transparent on the web, no hidden agenda and there are so many oversea AD pricing that sell lower . Local AD will also have a premiun for some people like myself although watch should be the same if you get it oversea but its the brand of the shop i trust. i heard from the staffs rolex are shipping less and less stock to them. It could be the cycle of bringing up the price.

Comment

Originally posted by pegasi View Post
      Why did you buy the watch with such a foresight and then flip it right away? Isn't it a star buy "for future"...
      I can keep and can sell. haha... I dont bother to keep . The question was out of the observation i have seen for a green sub and a black sub. 2k price difference. another user link to my sale. i sell because stock are low.

Comment

Originally posted by cedric View Post
        http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/71714-...ramic-116710LN

LOL... obvious shilling... maybe such a rule should be included for seller.
        My dear friend, these is getting too personnel. This is a discussion about the green color. i wish we kept to that discussion whether green is the color that can sell. Dont worry about whether i can sell my watch or not, it is kept in the safe. The price and my mobile are very open for you to call me. This is brand new my dear friend, which sport rolex todate is not collectable ? haha... my topic has link to my sale. if that the case i remove my sale. will that satisfy your shilling.

Comment

Well, if I remember correctly that a bro was selling his BNIB GMT IIC at only $8500. Not sure if I was sold. So if TS's asking price is $10.5k, then I guess.... Hmmm... I shd not continue...

Whether green is popular or not depends on the whole watch itself. It doesn't mean green definitely sell.. It may when it's first launch. Look at hulk, milgauss LV... Now the price has soften...

Comment

I kind of understand where xinqun's logic is but I don't personally think it will work in the short term. You would need to hold onto it for a while to get back what you paid for it.

Even if you never ever wear it, the price will now have to reflect a second hand price for you to offload it. That is unless you find a desperate buyer who is after that particular model. Right now though, I can tell you there are many sellers of this model.

Comment

Originally posted by deslene View Post
              Well, if I remember correctly that a bro was selling his BNIB GMT IIC at only $8500. Not sure if I was sold. So if TS's asking price is $10.5k, then I guess.... Hmmm... I shd not continue...

Whether green is popular or not depends on the whole watch itself. It doesn't mean green definitely sell.. It may when it's first launch. Look at hulk, milgauss LV... Now the price has soften...
              No one knows the future. Dont worry about my watch. If you like the price get it if not it will be kept in my safe for years....
              Just so happen i link the GMT green arrow to the hulk green. If rolex swtich back to red, then it will be a star.

Whatever price a person sell doesnt link to the value of the watch. Rolex is a luxury, you fork out alot of money for it. If you got no holding power , any price that can liquidate is possible like auction of a housing.

Comment

Originally posted by kenlinliu1419 View Post
                I kind of understand where xinqun's logic is but I don't personally think it will work in the short term. You would need to hold onto it for a while to get back what you paid for it.

Even if you never ever wear it, the price will now have to reflect a second hand price for you to offload it. That is unless you find a desperate buyer who is after that particular model. Right now though, I can tell you there are many sellers of this model.
                Well my purpose of the topic is will green sell. Do not worry if i can sell or not. i have holding power to keep it in my safe for years..... It just out of the blue question an di just type it out. I will not sell below my price cos i know stock are super low and no discount are given plus rising of price. Anyway keep to the discussion about the color. My selling ads are very transparent...

Comment

Take green sub as an example, year on year the same green color sub is release it is way above the black sub price. take daytona as an example, black is more expensive than white one. both pair whatever color have the same features. I think color do play a part in the pricing. I think basel 2012, gmt should be in the limelight again given that they are not feature in 2011. Should be about time. lets guess the arrow and gmt logo will goes back to red or green. maybe blue.... Anyway i still dont get it why green has a such a huge premium over a black.

Comment

rolex will sell. does not matter green or not. it is not totally about holding power. if you want to sell a watch desparately, the no holding power factor is out of equation. no one knows what your cost is unless you willing to share.

if stocks are low, it does not matter to a buyer who insist on buying a new one. are you sure that no discount is given?

Originally posted by xinqun View Post
                    Well my purpose of the topic is will green sell. Do not worry if i can sell or not. i have holding power to keep it in my safe for years..... It just out of the blue question an di just type it out. I will not sell below my price cos i know stock are super low and no discount are given plus rising of price. Anyway keep to the discussion about the color. My selling ads are very transparent...
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I can find GMT 2 C in every Local AD...Hence, i do not understand the stock level is very low for this model....

As for the no discount or have discount issue, depend on whether you know where n who to go to....

For your interest....GMT 2 prices are slightly lower than Sub in the re-sale market as for now....

P.S: For me personally, i buy watches based on alot of factors however re-sale value in the next 10,20,30 years is the least of my concerns

Rant over>>>World peace
                      Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                        rolex will sell. does not matter green or not. it is not totally about holding power. if you want to sell a watch desparately, the no holding power factor is out of equation. no one knows what your cost is unless you willing to share.

if stocks are low, it does not matter to a buyer who insist on buying a new one. are you sure that no discount is given?
                        Hi triton , appreacite if you delete off the above discussion for me. I am asking ocean to delete off my sale ads as well. The discussion has gone way out with focus on my selling ads. Before you delete off, For sport model like daytona,gmt and sub SS, no discount with daytona selling above . TT or gold model have because it is too high or not popular. I am again refering to local AD and not others. But for VIP whom get alot of watches , like myself, i do get some . thanks and please delete it off. A topic of color was unfortunately lead to discussion about pricing.

Comment

Originally posted by feilong108 View Post
                          I can find GMT 2 C in every Local AD...Hence, i do not understand the stock level is very low for this model....

As for the no discount or have discount issue, depend on whether you know where n who to go to....

For your interest....GMT 2 prices are slightly lower than Sub in the re-sale market as for now....

P.S: For me personally, i buy watches based on alot of factors however re-sale value in the next 10,20,30 years is the least of my concerns

Rant over>>>World peace

well if you are talking about TT or gold GMT 2c , plentiful. but SS gmt2c, i have been searching for very long . i based on the past 2 weeks.

Comment

Try ION...was there on sunday...have 2 pcs of S.S GMT2C available....

As a VIP as stated by you, You ought to be able to get stock for the S.S GMT 2 C much easier and cheaper than mere mortal as myself.
                            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

TS Requested to Close Thread

Tx for discussing guys
                              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X