Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone given u attitude because of your rolex watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone given u attitude because of your rolex watch?

Not sure whether the brand rolex has a negative social stigma?
    It seems like a non-rolex wearer like to give attitude to rolex owners because of the typical preception of us being a bunch of show off wannabe (is it true? Hehehe)

Just to share one of the more memorable encounter:
    A close friend saw my TT gmtiic
    gave me a "why u need to wear a rolex during a dinner gathering?"

All night, he was talking **** about people wearing luxury watches and that there is no need to pay so much for something that just show you the time.
    I pulled him aside and told him:" Bro, deep in your heart, you just want to wear my watch and get the pleasure of having a wonderful piece of art on your wrist".
    Really cracked me up when he gave me a bewildered reaction hahaha

So does anyone have a similar encounter with relatives/friends/complete strangers?
    Please share.

一种米养百种人。
    There are always people with diff thinking and perceptions, so why bother? Most impt is u are happy...

Comment

Originally posted by Haolian King View Post
      一种米养百种人。
      There are always people with diff thinking and perceptions, so why bother? Most impt is u are happy...
      Yeah u are right bro abt being happy

Comment

I have people giving me crap about me being rich and all when they all are earning much more than me. Then they like to attract attention by saying loudly that this guy is wearing a rolex. WTF?

They're probably just jealous.

Comment

Originally posted by Rolesor View Post
          I have people giving me crap about me being rich and all when they all are earning much more than me. Then they like to attract attention by saying loudly that this guy is wearing a rolex. WTF?

They're probably just jealous.
          Perhaps they are just closet rolex wearer ... and want u to take the rap hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Rollielover View Post
            It seems like a non-rolex wearer like to give attitude to rolex owners because of the typical preception of us being a bunch of show off wannabe (is it true? Hehehe)

All night, he was talking **** about people wearing luxury watches and that there is no need to pay so much for something that just show you the time.
            I pulled him aside and told him:" Bro, deep in your heart, you just want to wear my watch and get the pleasure of having a wonderful piece of art on your wrist".

So does anyone have a similar encounter with relatives/friends/complete strangers?
            Please share.
            strange that a close friend gave u such attitude...

so far I do have friends asking me what watch I'm wearing and how much it is.... I just told them the model and that I not sure of the price coz its a gift from the wife (technically correct cause she is my cfo).

Comment

Originally posted by socketer View Post
              strange that a close friend gave u such attitude...

so far I do have friends asking me what watch I'm wearing and how much it is.... I just told them the model and that I not sure of the price coz its a gift from the wife (technically correct cause she is my cfo).
              Bro, I envy u that you have such a great CFO wife giving u a wonderful gift hahaha ...

Sometimes close friends like to give u sticks to keep u on your toes ...

Comment

Close fren shd not be doing that....time to change fren.
                One is never enough . . .

Comment

Rat that inside the drain eat rubbish.

Hamster at home as a pet eat pet food.

As a human,I chose to be a hamster.

But some human can be a hamster chose to be a Rat.

Those chose the path of rat in the end will.......

人在天堂,钱在银行!!!!!!!!

Comment

I have a colleague that told me "my 'ellesse' watch also show exact time as your rolex. Why spend so much money?" he's using quartz watch.
                    I just replied him that his watch is maybe even better in terms of accuracy compared to my submariner. When he asked me why, i said to him that he just won't understand about watch if he needs me to tell him the reason.
                    They just don't share the same passion as us.

Comment

Happy can already bro...take whatever the others say with a pinch of salt.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Rollielover View Post

Please share.
                        maybe its your friend and not the watch brand

Blame it on Rolex being known to most people.
                        The impact wont be so great if its a IWC/JLC or a Pam (assuming the rest not into watches)

I do make an effort not to wear a Rolex in some "sensitive" situations when I know there will be some uncalled-for perceptions or judgements. Else, I cant be bothered

and

There are ALOT of people who cannot justify paying and wearing a 10k watch on the wrist (talking about those who can easily afford)

Comment

Originally posted by Heng Tin Hong View Post

人在天堂,钱在银行!!!!!!!!
                          Love this expression!

Balance is the word.

Applying their logic we should be cycling when near,
                          Drive chery QQ, buy phone from 7-11 and drink only tap water.
                          Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Hi TS,

I think your friend may be right. I'm soon selling all my watches. Stay tune guys!

The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                              Hi TS,

I think your friend may be right. I'm soon selling all my watches. Stay tune guys!

Ocean bro, u are pulling our legs rite wink wink .... Hahaha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X