Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone given u attitude because of your rolex watch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
    Hi TS,

I think your friend may be right. I'm soon selling all my watches. Stay tune guys!

Ok can u pm me the list first?

Something white with black dots be nice
    Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

And what's that
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Heng Tin Hong View Post
        ...人在天堂,钱在银行!!!!!!!!
        good expression!

Originally posted by Watcha View Post
        ...Applying their logic we should be cycling when near,
        Drive chery QQ, buy phone from 7-11 and drink only tap water.
        whatever do you; also got people who just have to say something... these days, i dont give two sh*ts what people think. you dont like it, ... (i leave to your imagination!)
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Your friend's a loser... thru and thru! Period!!
          1 3 5
          ├┼┼╕
          2 4 6 R

Comment

Each time I wear my kim kim GMT2c or Daytona everytime I received remarks like wow wear your father's or grandfather's Rolex. Don't bother, I happy can liao...

Comment

Simply because you are young and handsome ma ..
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

These people that think this way have no place in this world, I'm gonna get rid of them some day.
                I hope I don't get struck by lightning. - Barbarella

Comment

Hmm... Just say this is going to be my heirloom for future generations, they can own a part of me as the watch runs forever. I not sure about your battery, or if it going to be available in the future. Last time touch lights use D size batteries, NOW, almost all use smaller or equivalent AA batteries.
                  Current babies:
                  Sub 16610LN D series
                  PAM 312 M series
                  IWC 500112 Laureus Limited Edition

Wish list:
                  116613LB?
                  a good White dial watch

Comment

The only attitude I got was: WAH, nice GMT II...

Comment

I do agree with what everyone here is saying. As long as you are happy, why bother what others say? Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion, and every hobby has its fair share of detractors and believers. From cars to food, and of course watches. I for one am proud of my Daytona and Sub-C, of what their respective heritage represents, and of course the attention and detail that went into the design and production. Wear them with pride and good health!

Comment

Originally posted by Rollielover View Post
                        Not sure whether the brand rolex has a negative social stigma?
                        It seems like a non-rolex wearer like to give attitude to rolex owners because of the typical preception of us being a bunch of show off wannabe (is it true? Hehehe)

Just to share one of the more memorable encounter:
                        A close friend saw my TT gmtiic
                        gave me a "why u need to wear a rolex during a dinner gathering?"

All night, he was talking **** about people wearing luxury watches and that there is no need to pay so much for something that just show you the time.
                        I pulled him aside and told him:" Bro, deep in your heart, you just want to wear my watch and get the pleasure of having a wonderful piece of art on your wrist".
                        Really cracked me up when he gave me a bewildered reaction hahaha

So does anyone have a similar encounter with relatives/friends/complete strangers?
                        Please share.
                        Why bother with him? If he is your "close" friend, his comment should be, "wow! that is a nice watch which you are wearing." He should be helping u to get more good attention rather than trying to put u off with those unwelcome remarks. And I do agree with you, deep down in his heart, he might wanna to own one, but he juz can't pull the trigger to buy one even he can afford one. Unfortunately not all people would appreciate the timepieces like us here, who gave compliment to one another when showing our timepieces photos.

In this world, there are too mani stuffs to ***** about if we can't get out from those unhealthy mindsets, from cars to housing to salary. Dun be surprised if he come to you and start complaining that his colleague having the same title, doing the same job role as him, but earning 10 cents more than him. Hahahahaa....... :P

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                          actually the real reason why i dont get.attitude from people around is becos the people around wear watches which are >$40k, so no reason to show attitude to a watch below $20k, hahah.

*sob sob*
                          Time to upgrade my friends hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                            actually the real reason why i dont get.attitude from people around is becos the people around wear watches which are >$40k, so no reason to show attitude to a watch below $20k, hahah.

*sob sob*
                            Time to upgrade my friends hahaha

Comment

Originally posted by kadios View Post
                              Hmm... Just say this is going to be my heirloom for future generations, they can own a part of me as the watch runs forever. I not sure about your battery, or if it going to be available in the future. Last time touch lights use D size batteries, NOW, almost all use smaller or equivalent AA batteries.
                              Good one, bro... I will tell him to stock up more batteries hahaha

Comment

Bros, tks for all the comments so far .... For your info, I am wearing my babies in good health and with great pride ... Not bothered about the attitude issue just amused by the reaction towards our "precious" haha

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X