Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Usually how is payment made between buyers and sellers for watches? safest way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Usually how is payment made between buyers and sellers for watches? safest way?

Hi! As the title suggests, how is payment usually done? What's the safest way to do so?
    Will appreciate useful replies

Help! Usually how is payment made between buyers and sellers for watches? safest way?

like the title suggests, how is payment usually made? what's the safest method often adopted by sellers?

Comment

i think that depends on where you're buying from and whether or not you are meeting him or her?

If it's online, then there's no choice, i think. You got to take a leap of faith and pay first.

If f2f, then you two can work out how you want payment to be done? I'm not quite sure if there's a 'usually' in this case...

Comment

my experiences has been cash only. and only when you have cash present on you. i dont want to hear people saying "oh, i need to go to bank branch, or ATM"

be sensible with cash, bring the right denomination, so on a $9k watch, maybe bring 8x $1k notes, and if you want to bargain abit can bring 10x $100 as "change".

i had one clown in perth, try to buy my watch using $20 bills...
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

and also if you're dealing in usd the largest denomination is 100 hehe.

Comment

F2f is always cash unless I know buyer well. Prefer big notes.

I once had to count $50 notes of $13k at a void deck and also in the car in Little India. That's the scariest experience I have ever had.

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
              F2f is always cash unless I know buyer well. Prefer big notes.

I once had to count $50 notes of $13k at a void deck and also in the car in Little India. That's the scariest experience I have ever had.
              Maybe you want to invest in notes counter already
              Rolex - SUB 116610LV /SUB 116610LN / DSSD 116660 / GMT2C 116710 / Lady DJ 178274
              Others - Tag Heuer F1 Lady Ceramic
              / Longines Quartz / Lanvin Quartz

Comment

I always buy and sell in cash only. There was once I had my bermudas pocket stuffed with 16k in $50 notes. I wasn't worried about getting robbed as I was shabbily dressed. People may just think that I have big b@lls.
                1 3 5
                ├┼┼╕
                2 4 6 R

Comment

what i dont get is why dont people order big notes? sgd has the 10k note. plus notes in sg banks arent hard to order.

unlike in perth, where the bank is only allowed to give a maximum of $1k in $100 bills, unless ordered 3 days prior. (Quoted by ANZ)
                  Blue 6694
                  [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

some people prefer not to use cashier order for one reason or another not because of the fee for cashier's order

Originally posted by Throttle
                    if price is already confirmed and fixed, and amount is fairly big to use cash, just use cashiers order, only $5.

safest.
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                      what i dont get is why dont people order big notes? sgd has the 10k note. plus notes in sg banks arent hard to order.

unlike in perth, where the bank is only allowed to give a maximum of $1k in $100 bills, unless ordered 3 days prior. (Quoted by ANZ)
                      I went to UOB and Stand Chart to withdraw some money last month. I asked for 10k notes and none had them. When I probed further, they informed me that must order in advance if I need the big notes in future.
                      1 3 5
                      ├┼┼╕
                      2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle
                        if price is already confirmed and fixed, and amount is fairly big to use cash, just use cashiers order, only $5.

safest.
                        Sad thing is that a cashiers order can be faked. There's no way to authenticate a c/o if we deal after banking hrs.
                        1 3 5
                        ├┼┼╕
                        2 4 6 R

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
                          I went to UOB and Stand Chart to withdraw some money last month. I asked for 10k notes and none had them. When I probed further, they informed me that must order in advance if I need the big notes in future.
                          interesting, ive never had problems with obtaining 10k notes on the day without notice. maybe just luck that they had them that day.
                          Blue 6694
                          [U]"My collection"[/U]:

Comment

Originally posted by Ivanovic View Post
                            Hi! As the title suggests, how is payment usually done? What's the safest way to do so?
                            Will appreciate useful replies
                            cash or cashier's order

Comment

Usually cash and carry!

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X