Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help! Usually how is payment made between buyers and sellers for watches? safest way?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Throttle
    Bro, cash also can be counterfeit. how you authenticate a few hundred notes? hehe.

especially $10,000 bill.
    it is not highly circulated and in fact, being slowly decommission becos of the chances of counterfeit.
    I wouldnt accept a $10,000 bill if i were the seller
    You lose the full amount if the C/O is a counterfeit. I am sure you'll be able to spot a stack of counterfeit $50 notes. If i received a stack of notes with a few pcs of counterfeit notes in between, I'll lose but not as much. Anyways, I have been VERY careful with dealing online. I would "screen" the buyer/seller's phone number and nickname first before meeting up, so far so good. I always buy the seller first!
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Comment

Other than cash, I think transact through ATM transfer with the presence of both buyer/seller is another good method, which I have personally tried. Neat but I think it also has it's limitation i.e. the transfer limit.

Comment

Originally posted by icy.mint View Post
        Other than cash, I think transact through ATM transfer with the presence of both buyer/seller is another good method, which I have personally tried. Neat but I think it also has it's limitation i.e. the transfer limit.
        IMHO,atm transfer is another very safe method if amt very big,provided both hv account in similar bank.i tot atm
        transfer got no limit?hhmm,maybe i am wrong

Comment

i usually transact near a CDM - whatever money the seller gives me, i will deposit it into my account before he leaves. i will inform the buyer i want to do this and if he's not comfortable, he can leave.

but i am assuming that the CDM will reject "fake" notes... so far... so good...! when i buy, i usually bring cash - it's king and negotiation is easier when i have a stack of bills in front of me.

internationally, i will just do a wire transfer (split fees) for trust-worthy sellers. i only buy from trusted sellers.

watches above US$19~20k i will personally go/ask someone i trust to pick up with a bank draft made out in the seller's full name.

i usually use my wife/sibling and she can have a short holiday at the same time!
          “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
            I went to UOB and Stand Chart to withdraw some money last month. I asked for 10k notes and none had them. When I probed further, they informed me that must order in advance if I need the big notes in future.
            I once withdrew 6*$10000 notes from uob without advance notice. they took down the serial and my particulars on a jotter book though...

Comment

for such notes -10k notes, banks may not have. as such there is a need for request.

if the bank has them it may be someone just deposit or otherwise. also depends on which branches of bank. shenton way area chances higher to have.

Originally posted by Seventh Son View Post
              I went to UOB and Stand Chart to withdraw some money last month. I asked for 10k notes and none had them. When I probed further, they informed me that must order in advance if I need the big notes in future.
              Originally posted by socketer View Post
              I once withdrew 6*$10000 notes from uob without advance notice. they took down the serial and my particulars on a jotter book though...
              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
              1. subject heading indicating your issue
              2. your nick
              3. your corresponding email address
              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

last evening sold one watch, buyer paid me cash.....arrgh! All $50 notes at a food court...i counted the first stake, given up to go on counting. Told the buyer, got to trust you on this. After i move on to my fav teppanyaki counter, where there isnt any customer yet i started counting the stakes of $50s. To my shocking, short! I counted three times, short of 50 bucks...sian.

Silly me shld have reminded the buyer to ATM transfer to me....buyer was steady after i texted him short. He was gentleman enuf to apologize and would top up the next time we meet. (I ordered in some buckles for him...)

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                Working...
                X