Explorer II(216570) black dial AN serial
        GMT-Master II(116710LN) AN serial
        Current collection:
        Datejust 36(116234) V serial
        GMT-Master II(116713LN) AN serial
        Upcoming/Wishlist:
        "Hulk" green sub(116610LV)

Comment

I heard some AD are doing bundle sales instead of a waiting list for the Hulk.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalOak View Post
            I heard some AD are doing bundle sales instead of a waiting list for the Hulk.
            "bundle sales"? How does it work?
            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
              "bundle sales"? How does it work?
              For example, if you want to buy the new DaytonaC, the AD will only see you at retail price if you buy it with a gold rolex, so that they can have a healthy premium on an "overall" package deal.

Maybe for the Hulk and Batman, they don't need you to buy together with gold rolex, but must buy with the less popular models so that they can move their inventory, also on a package basis.

Comment

...this means if I just want to buy ONE stainless steel (SS) Daytona, I will need to (also) buy another precious metal ROLEX watch, so that the AD can then justify the sale of the Daytona to me at retail price?

If this is the case, will the AD be selling the "gold ROLEX watch" to me also at retail price or with the regular discount?

This also means that if I only want ONE watch, I will have to buy two or more?
                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

...this means if I just want to buy ONE stainless steel (SS) Daytona, I will need to (also) buy another precious metal ROLEX watch, so that the AD can then justify the sale of the Daytona to me at retail price?

If this is the case, will the AD be selling the "gold ROLEX watch" to me also at retail price or with the regular discount?

This also means that if I only want ONE watch, I will have to buy two or more?
                  I think the normal discount on gold rolex still applies

Yes, you have to buy 2 watches or more if you want the very popular rolex models, especially the DaytonaC.

I'm sure there are always a DaytonaC or 2 kept in the safe of the boutiques (not for public viewing)

Comment

If this is really the case, then it calls for a "business opportunity"

Say for e.g. I want to buy a SS Daytona C (RRP $16,660). And I chanced upon someone who wants to buy a gold Day-Date (RRP $46,830). I can tie up with the buyer to approach any AD to make the purchases as a "bundle buy". The buyer gets to buy his DD at a regular discounted price, and I get to buy my Daytona C at retail price. And in order to entice the buyer to buy together with me, I can offer to pay for his/her DD partially.

Win-win situation; DD buyer got better discount for his DD and I pay only a slight premium for the Daytona C.

Can work?
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

That sounds workable. However, the person who spent so much to buy a gold rolex on retail price, surely he also wants to capitalise on the cheaper DaytonaC so that he can flip in secondary market too?

Comment

That sounds workable. However, the person who spent so much to buy a gold rolex on retail price, surely he also wants to capitalise on the cheaper DaytonaC so that he can flip in secondary market too?
                        Yes, and no. But firstly, allow me to correct that the gold ROLEX watch he/she buys should be with discount and not retail price.

Yes. Of course, if the buyer wants to do it on his own, i.e. to buy two watches at one go (means he has to buy the discounted gold watch + the retail price Daytona C), and later to sell the Daytona C on his/her own, the buyer can definitely do so. But do note that not everyone likes to go thru' the hassle of buying and selling watches, be it online or to a watch dealer/company, etc. Some people are purely straightforward - buy and go.

If you are buying and selling stuff online or intend to do so in the near future, you will know what I mean. It's "painful" sometimes . Furthermore, if you try to sell watches to second-hand dealers/shops, the "pain" (of losing more money) can be even more excruciating, though this would buy you less hassle; more convenience!

Let me do a simple calculation here (using the Daytona C and gold DD as reference) :

A buys a gold DD for $42,140 (say 10% disc from retail price of $46,830).
                        A is offered a Daytona C for $16,660, which A does not need or want it.
                        B only wants to buy a Daytona C and chanced upon A's offer.
                        B then asked to buy the Daytona C at $16,660 and offers to pay $3,000 for A's DD as a token of appreciation.
                        A ended up paying only $39,140 for his DD.
                        B thus got his Daytona C for $19,660.

Not to forget, the AD gets to sell two watches, earns his/her commission happily. And with no risk of selling any of those two watches at premium prices (since it is 'forbidden' now).

Can understand?
                        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

If I were A, I will buy both the gold DD and the DaytonaC, then I will flip the DaytonaC at 23k (current market value?).

So A will only spend $42,140 minus $6,340 ($23k - $16,660) = $35,800 on his gold DD.

The $3k you listed below will only work if it is very close to the 2nd value premium value. Otherwise, A should do the selling himself, unless he enjoys giving money away

Comment

If I were A, I will buy both the gold DD and the DaytonaC, then I will flip the DaytonaC at 23k (current market value?).

So A will only spend $42,140 minus $6,340 ($23k - $16,660) = $35,800 on his gold DD.

The $3k you listed below will only work if it is very close to the 2nd value premium value. Otherwise, A should do the selling himself, unless he enjoys giving money away
                            hahaha... if I were A, and if I were you, I'll do the same! But seriously, the ADs will also know how to manipulate. Anyway, someone here shared recently one of the ROLEX ADs in Lucky Plaza was still selling popular ROLEX watch models at premium price. So I guess, nothing is going to change.
                            The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

there are rumors flying around for many years that for every 1 piece of sports model that an AD in singapore orders, the AD has to order(buy) other rolex models like the date just, day date, oyster perpetual, etc

usually non sports models like date just and day date can be sold at higher discount compared to sports models, now AD cannot sell popular sports models like daytona at premium, one way to sell to end consumer is to bundle together.

If this is really the case, then it calls for a "business opportunity"
                              if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                              1. subject heading indicating your issue
                              2. your nick
                              3. your corresponding email address
                              4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Don't think it's rumor; should be quite factual. Heard that to be able to carry ROLEX watches, a watch company had to spent a certain amount of money to buy watches from them yearly, on top of other criterias such as a designated display showcase in the shop solely for ROLEX watches, etc. The payment to ROLEX must also be COD.

The worse part was, the watch company had no say to what they would actually get from ROLEX, after they send their orders in. Means, if the company placed an order for 5 steel Daytonas, 10 steel Submariners, 5 GMT-Master II "batmans", and some other models, ROLEX may just send them 1-2 such models, and the rest other less popular models! The company had to suck it up, if they still wished to continue selling ROLEX watches!!

This is probably one way ROLEX keeps the demand for certain models high all the time.
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X