Rolex verses panerai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rolex verses panerai

Was looking at the resale price seems like lately Rolex prices are so much higher than panerai. Panerai loosing its novialty or Rolex over priced?
    (Big Watch Siao)
    BALL
    Rolex
    Panerai
    Omega
    Cartier
    Panerai
    IWC

I assume you are referring to prices of preowned? Resale prices of Rolex "are so much higher than panerai" in which aspect? In term of resale vs AD price?

I guess it also depends on what models you are looking at, as well as the age of the watches etc.

I am not surprised that prices of some of the older PAM models have dropped since Panerai have been churning out many new models every years. The entry historic models generally hold values pretty well due to demand.
    Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

IMHO, Rolex is always a notch higher than PAM. Just my 2cents, please dun flame me.

Comment

I never see Panerai on par with Rolex. It will always be below Rolex. Panerai revival is largely due to Sylvester Stallone and the Richemont Group

Comment

Since when was there any "vs"
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Rolex is like Chanel. One design sell many years but people still want it.
            Panerai is like Kate Spade. Every season got new design. Hot for a while then next please.

Rolex is like Marilyn Monroe. My father loves her and so do I.....simply in that one white dress.
            Panerai is like Katy Pary. Very hot and exciting but she has to keep changing clothes to excite me more.

What's better? Both!

Comment

Originally posted by KuchingKu View Post
              Rolex is like Chanel. One design sell many years but people still want it.
              Panerai is like Kate Spade. Every season got new design. Hot for a while then next please.

Rolex is like Marilyn Monroe. My father loves her and so do I.....simply in that one white dress.
              Panerai is like Katy Pary. Very hot and exciting but she has to keep changing clothes to excite me more.

What's better? Both!
              Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                What about the big three PP, AP and VC
                Don't OT hor. This thread about Rolex and Pam. Ha. Joking!

This is my opinion cos I don't know many celebrities...
                PP - Classical beauty...Nicole Kidman
                AP - Rugged and beddable like Magan Fox with lots of clothes changes
                VC - Kate Middleton...fitting for a princess
                IWC - International, beautiful and reasonably priced...Zhang Ziyi.

Comment

both brands have raised their list price. however, i believe rolex has increased more compared to rolex over the same period of time.

as for resale price, chances is that it will 'follow' the new price of the model. however, the most compelling reason will be demand.

Originally posted by Minority View Post
                  Was looking at the resale price seems like lately Rolex prices are so much higher than panerai. Panerai loosing its novialty or Rolex over priced?
                  if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                  1. subject heading indicating your issue
                  2. your nick
                  3. your corresponding email address
                  4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                    both brands have raised their list price. however, i believe rolex has increased more compared to rolex over the same period of time.

as for resale price, chances is that it will 'follow' the new price of the model. however, the most compelling reason will be demand.
                    Brudder triton. We all know your deep love for ROLEX watches but aren't you making' it too obvious?
                    The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Why the topic deviates?

IMO, Panerai seems over priced. It looks nice as it's big and fashionable. But in terms of quality, history and value, Rolex still leads. Then in resale market, the demands not as hot as Rolex, thus, Panerai cannot command a good resale value as Rolex.

Comment

Very simply, I like rolex for its history, wide appeal and robust quality. I like PAMs for its design and easy strap changing process. Variety is the spice of life and I like both!
                        His: AP ROO, Hublot BB, PAM 24/29/183/372, Chopard L.U.C 2000/Mille Miglia, Rolex Milgauss 116400 GV/Sub 16610 LV/1680 "Red Sub"/GMT Master 1675/GMT Master II 16760 "FAT LADY"/Seadweller 16600/DSSD 116660, Tudor 94010 "Snowflake"/94200 "BIG Block"/Heritage Chrono/Black Bay, Omega Seamaster 2254.50/2538.20

Hers: AP ROO & AP Millenary, Cartier Santos, Chopard Happy Sports & Cannes Fest, PAM 49, Rolex Explorer1 214270

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                          Panerai could do better if it develop and made its inhouse movement
                          How you define in-house movement?

Do not ask me to call Richemont to verify/check on the definition.

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                            Check your dictionary?
                            Do not ask me which dictionary
                            Then you are not correct in your posting.
                            Panerai have P2000 series, P9000 series and newly in 2011 - P3000.

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                              Panerai movement are modified from base ETAs made by the swatch group
                              Would you consider these as inhouse movement?
                              If you are refering to OP series then it is not in-house.

The question we are on is the Pxxxx series.
                              May I request you to do a bit of research before posting? Is mis-leading.

And your sign off, who confirm G series end at end 2010? Did call up Rolex?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X