Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how many links can be remove from a gmt iic 116710ln?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how many links can be remove from a gmt iic 116710ln?

Hi all,

Need some help here.. I bought a new 116710ln GMT II c, Rolex service centre says they can only remove max 3 links and push the links all the way into the clips area. Is it TRUE? It is still too loose. What can I do?

have a look @ your bracelet. the removable links are attached by a 'screw'. if there are 3 screws left, it means can only remove 3 more links.

if it is still too loose, you got several options -

1) change to a generic leather strap
    2) change to a NATO strap
    3) change to a rubber strap
    4) remove the necessary number of permanent links on bracelet to fit your wrist. (this is irreversible process, so thread with care)
    5) purchase another bracelet and remove all the removable links and/or permanent links to fit your wrist.

the last option allows you to sell your watch 'intact' without 'damaged' bracelet and also provides you to use it on another rolex provided that the end links can fit the 'modified' bracelet.
    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
    1. subject heading indicating your issue
    2. your nick
    3. your corresponding email address
    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
      have a look @ your bracelet. the removable links are attached by a 'screw'. if there are 3 screws left, it means can only remove 3 more links.

if it is still too loose, you got several options -

1) change to a generic leather strap
      2) change to a NATO strap
      3) change to a rubber strap
      4) remove the necessary number of permanent links on bracelet to fit your wrist. (this is irreversible process, so thread with care)
      5) purchase another bracelet and remove all the removable links and/or permanent links to fit your wrist.

the last option allows you to sell your watch 'intact' without 'damaged' bracelet and also provides you to use it on another rolex provided that the end links can fit the 'modified' bracelet.
      agree with what triton mentioned.

get a 3rd party bracelet or if u don't mind bout the cost get another original bracelet cut off the permanent link to fit your wrist and keep your original bracelet so that in future u wanna sell it off u still have the untouched bracelet.
      累了才放慢脚步; 错了才想到后悔;苦了才懂得满足;伤了 才明白坚强; 醉了才知道难忘 ; 笑了才体会美丽!

是否我沉默了,你才能听到我的心声?是否我停止了,你才能看到我的眼泪?是否我心碎了,你才会摸到我的心痛?是否我消失了,你才会知道我的存在?

Comment

Originally posted by ken21sg View Post
        Hi all,

Need some help here.. I bought a new 116710ln GMT II c, Rolex service centre says they can only remove max 3 links and push the links all the way into the clips area. Is it TRUE? It is still too loose. What can I do?
        So you removed all the screws that can be removed and moved all the links in but still loose?

If that's the case then you have to use a strap as triton has suggested.

But even my friend who has a really small wrist, (machiam ladies size), he's able to wear a deepsea and a sub C...after pushing everything in. Your wrist is really small :S

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Hi all, thanks for the advise. I saw 2 screw on the bracelet now. 1 for a full link. 1 for a half link. I guess I can only remove 1 full link. Any idea how do we remove it?

Comment

Gmt iic have 4 permanent links each side.

You can just use a screw driver to unscrew.
            Got to use some strength to loosen the screw as loctite was used to tighten.
            It's fine without IMO .

Should fit slim wrist with all removable links out.
            I have slim wrist too.
            Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Alba Casio Citizen Roox Seiko

Wanted to add PP but bo lui

Comment

Originally posted by illusion84 View Post
              agree with what triton mentioned.

get a 3rd party bracelet or if u don't mind bout the cost get another original bracelet cut off the permanent link to fit your wrist and keep your original bracelet so that in future u wanna sell it off u still have the untouched bracelet.
              Will RSC sell you new bracelet? i thought they only replace one to one (and they will keep the old)?

Comment

Originally posted by myjianrong View Post
                Will RSC sell you new bracelet? i thought they only replace one to one (and they will keep the old)?
                put ur watch on straps and tell them u lost the bracelet and be firm bout it and this should do the trick.

Comment

No necessity to dismantle bracelet.

RSC will sell you the bracelet. They will not keep your old bracelet for 1 to 1.
                  You will need to bring the watch for whichever bracelet you are buying.
                  Audemars Piguet Ball Bell&Ross Cartier IWC Longines Omega Panerai Rolex Sinn Tissot

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                    Interesting.. Should accompany by a police report to strengthen the 'case'?
                    this sounds insulting,but nevertheless if you wish to,u can do so too.

thank you for your input.deeply appreciated.

Comment

Ok. Going to bring it down to rsc next week. Hopefully they don't tell me the same thing "can only remove 3 link". thanks all for the super fast response.

Comment

If u prefer not to DIY , the most insist a bit at RSC.

"I don't like loose, prefer tighter leh. Can still remove right?"

Comment

Here:

http://www.sg-roc.com/threads/60700-...-SG?highlight=

(bro I decided to keep the bracelet)

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                            Thanks for the info, i was told by rsc for dial change, the original dial need to be returned before they sell the new one to you
                            Not sure why the difference in policy for bracelet and dial or other parts of the watch
                            logic dictates that no one can "lose" an installed dial as it is inside the watch...

but i guess you may have lost such parts before.
                            “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Originally posted by nim
                              Wrong, make another guess
                              that's okay. it was a poor attempt at adding some humour to the thread so you should not feel too bad about it.
                              “Watches, no matter how much they cost, are better at telling time than making a person happy.” - Thomas J. Stanley

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X