Nav Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse

Nav Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Guide : Comparison between Real & Fake Rolex ( good read page 15 &16)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some points to spot the fake Rolex Submariner 16610

Today very free and went to JB biggest fake watch shopping center and did some research on fake watch....

1. Try to shake your watch, genuine very hardly hear to movement swing...fake watch can hear it very clearly.

2. The second hand with the superluminova round will be just beside the X (Rolex) once sweep at 1 o'clock position...fake watch a bit far from X.

3. Viewed through a 15x loop, the dial print very clear and "more 3 D"...fake watch just print on dial like photocopy on paper.

4. Series no. engraved on charter ring very smooth and clear....on the fake, the engraver seems to start and stop many times leaving build up in the "ditch" each time...

5. The series no. started from 27 minutes position and ended at 33 minutes position...3rd no. exactly at 6 o'clock position...eg V123456, V at 27 minutes position, 6 at 33 minutes position, 3 at at 6 o'clock position.

6. Genuine Rolex watch, "Rolex Rolex" engraved on charter ring started with center of 'R' from 7 o'clock position....you will be see 'R' at 7, 8,9,10,11 o'clock position...Rolex Crown engraved at 12 o'clock position....on the right side, the 'R' at 6,11,16,21 minuets position...'X' ended at 5 o'clock position

7. The laser coronet is at the lower edge of the crystal at 6 o'clock position and is so small that one can hardly see it with the naked eye. It can be found most simply if you take a look from the opposite side with strong oblique light directed upon the crystal. Usually only a small mark on the crystal can be seen, which, viewed with the help of a loupe, becomes a coronet...fake watch corroded or etched coronet with a thicker, more constant structure as a result will be more easy to see it with the naked eye.

8. Clasp Codes tally with year of production...my genuine V series with LT2 i.e. 2009 production...fake watch doest'n tally to watch series no. ...eg. fake watch with M (2008 production) series engraved on charter ring but with Clasp Codes is MA (2005 production), some fake watch do not have Clasp Codes.

9. The latest bracelet don't have numbers on end pieces that affix to the head...fake watch still produce as per old version...but some fake watch really 'updated' with latest bracelet.

10. The movement is the best way to spot the fake watch, according to internet source, fake watch using china made movement...recently fake watch try to copy authentic rolex 3135 movement but based on china movement as well....The problem for us is that we unable to open the movement to verify

The above just my owned view...feel free to add on you view...let all the members know more how to spot the fake watch...

Comment

Thanks for sharing. As i seldom get the chance to handle a fake rolex.
      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
        Can be like me go buy a chiong 1 for fun hahaha

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Interesting. If only those illustrations come with pics..
          The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

i see from the other perspective. you need to handle both real and fake to at least know how to see the difference.

Originally posted by zidaneong View Post
            if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
            1. subject heading indicating your issue
            2. your nick
            3. your corresponding email address
            4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

This gives me an idea to share here for the next/coming mega meet-up ! May be the forum committee can consider to obtain and bring few fakes to the meet-up, as purely a form of education for us amateurs?
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
                Can be like me go buy a chiong 1 for fun hahaha
                but chiong one also not cheap leh
                I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

Originally posted by Oceanklassik View Post
                  This gives me an idea to share here for the next/coming mega meet-up ! May be the forum committee can consider to obtain and bring few fakes to the meet-up, as purely a form of education for us amateurs?
                  Good idea! If there is, I'll like to attend. :-)

Comment

would Oceanklassik like to sponsor one?

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                    if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
                    1. subject heading indicating your issue
                    2. your nick
                    3. your corresponding email address
                    4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

haha...for sure the staff not allow me to take picture there lah...

Interesting. If only those illustrations come with pics..

Comment

Originally posted by exxondus View Post
                        I agreed with u...the staff told me that super grade one need about S$450... i would rather use it in future for rolex servicing

Comment

super grade? i find that the grading in the fakes are kinda of interesting...
                          Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Zidane! You bring your Black daytona along....I got a black "daytona" can use to compare

Comment

Originally posted by ckhouse80 View Post
                              I agreed with u...the staff told me that super grade one need about S$450... i would rather use it in future for rolex servicing
                              Ask her $450 can bring into Rolex for servicing ...then you buy

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
                                would Oceanklassik like to sponsor one?
                                If I have, I don't mind to bring but where can I buy one in Singapore. I don't mean those 'obvious' fakes. Not worth the compare. Regretting it now I didn't buy few from China, when I last visited months ago. It costs between S$60-S$80, and the fakes looked rather real..
                                The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X