No announcement yet.

Buying from ebay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rolex no... but I did buy a Tag Heuer off the bay USD900... no problems, comes with the full package n got it verified at LVMH....

actually if u pay by PayPal it's pretty safe, cos u can file a complaint if the product is not as described n get a full refund, cept u loss the shipping cost. I have ever got a full refund for a watch winder that was suppose to be brand new but came in used condition.

of course one must be careful when buying from ebay, and review the seller's feedbacks and ask all the neccessary qns first

Comment

Depends...cheap stuff yes. Stuff over 1k I will consider really hard. Over 2k...dun bother

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

yes. conditions apply.

conditions being that deal in person at RSC. no agree no deal.
        [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
        Blue 6694
        Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
        [U]"My collection"[/U]:
        [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

i will not buy anything from ebay that cost more than 500 bucks...

even paypal is not foolproof....scammers doesnt only apply to sellers...

someone bought your rolex from ebay...pay you thr paypal....when he received your precious watch...he complain that its an empty box with no watch...paypal will refund him the money and pending investigation...but your watch is with him or her already!!!

so please always buy the 'seller'....face to face is ideal...if a deal looks too good to be true...it probably is!
          Watches kept for the next generation...
          Rolex Oyster Perpetual Circa 1999
          Rolex Explorer II 216570 G-Series
          Omega Speedmaster Date
          Sinn U1

Comment

... then I am a risk-taker.

i've bought 2 rolex thru ebay, paid with paypal. That said, I have to qualify that the sellers were shops in the UK and US, with good feedback.

Both arrived ok.

Comment

Originally posted by keltzar View Post
              ... then I am a risk-taker.

i've bought 2 rolex thru ebay, paid with paypal. That said, I have to qualify that the sellers were shops in the UK and US, with good feedback.

Both arrived ok.
              The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

im sure there is a few nice ebay sellers. as per usual, it is the few scum that spoils it for everyone.
                [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                Blue 6694
                Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

I think its ur own judgement...i bought my dive equipment from ebay and it arrived smoothly, maybe it only cost less than 1k.
                  But i did once when i wanted to sell my underwater camera in ebay, a buyer said that she wanna buy it for her daughter's birthday and she is studying in Africa or something...
                  She said she is a business woman working in Australia and is willing to offer a higher price for me to sell it to her. it sounded very tempting right???
                  In her mails, she is very convincing and was also able to produce a receipt of western union that she is ready to send...
                  I consulted a fren, who told me this is 90% a scam!!!
                  Who is so stupid to pay u overprice for u used camera?
                  In the end, i chose not to sell it to her...Lucky man...
                  If i can't resist the temptation, i may end up getting nothing... and also lose my camera!!!

Comment

Trust is difficult to establish with so many cheating cases happened in Ebay, the concept is good, but far from ideal...

No I would not buy a Rolex without seeing it, feeling it and most important verified by RSC.

So either buying from AD, Pre-owned or through forum but verify at RSC is ok

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                    SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                    SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                    SS SD,
                    SS YM,
                    SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

EPrey is infested with scammers and conmen ... and positive feedbacks mean nothing at all. I remember 1-1.5yrs ago it was reported that the US police busted this scammer selling stolen or high quality luxury goods over the bay and the seller had like 2000 +++ 100% positive feedbacks...
                      Having said so, I have made a few purchases from ebay, ranging from as low as USD10 to > USD2000...you got to do your checks to know who are the real honest dealers and accept that if the price is too good to be true, run!
                      "Once is happenstance, twice is coincidence,
                      three times is enemy action and
                      over 600 is clearly the work of an ancient Sumerian demon or some sh*t
                      ."

Comment

I would buy watches thru ebay and pay thru paypal. I would after checking on the seller, and asking the seller questions.

Comment

Originally posted by R-oyster View Post
                          I would buy watches thru ebay and pay thru paypal. I would after checking on the seller, and asking the seller questions.
                          Hi Bro, What is the garentee you have for purchase thru ebay? Is it given by Paypal? I know ebay is not going to take responsibility.

If you discovered later that the watch is not real, or there are some defects, or not original? Who is going to refund you? Paypal?

SS Daytona Black Dial,
                          SS GMT II coke, SS GMT IIC, TT GMT IIC,
                          SS Sub Date, TT Sub Date Black,
                          SS SD,
                          SS YM,
                          SS YM Mid Size,

Comment

I buy from ebay but buy PEZ not Rolex.... things like S$20 or less is ok...got cheated also not so heart pain....

Comment

............i just wired USD$XXXXX to a seller with little reference in europe. ( bros ,can't help it man! Been having sleepless nights dreaming of wearing it )

As for ebay,yes why not..just make sure insurance covered.

Comment

i've never bought a watch from ebay but other things of prices below $500 yes...

other established online watch dealers...yes
                                I can resist anything but temptation. - Oscar Wilde

Current collection
                                A.Lange & Sohne Grand Langematik
                                Audemars Piguet ROO
                                Blancpain Fifty Fathoms (Dark Knight)
                                De Bethune Titan Hawk (DB27)
                                Habring2 Pilot Time Date
                                Harry Winston Midnight Big Date
                                Hublot Aerobang Skeleton
                                IWC Portuguese Perpetual Calendar
                                Panerai 270
                                Patek Philippe 5711/1a
                                Rolex 116610LV