Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying from ebay

Hi,

need some advice from you guys. I am thinking of purchasing a D series Rolex GMT Master II off ebay from a local seller. Seller is willing to meet up to have the watch verify at RSC at my expense and the watch comes with all accessories. Seller claimed to be first owner and had purchased it from an AD. A sticking point is that it is not a local AD and as the watch is still under warranty with about a year to go, would this affect its validity ? What other caution should I be aware of from buying off ebay (seller has limited references)?

Also, the asking price is abt SGD 6.3k, so is it a fair price? Can't afford both watch so I am tempted to off load my Z serie SD that was purchased from AD for it. But can't decide at the moment and in a dilemma .
    Yes
    14.29%
    No
    85.71%

The poll is expired.

HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
    REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Originally posted by Taurus75 View Post
    Hi,

need some advice from you guys. I am thinking of purchasing a D series Rolex GMT Mhttp://www.sg-roc.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=17766
    Singapore Rolex Owners Club (SG-ROC) - Reply to Topicaster II off ebay from a local seller. Seller is willing to meet up to have the watch verify at RSC at my expense and the watch comes with all accessories. Seller claimed to be first owner and had purchased it from an AD. A sticking point is that it is not a local AD and as the watch is still under warranty with about a year to go, would this affect its validity ? What other caution should I be aware of from buying off ebay (seller has limited references)?

Also, the asking price is abt SGD 6.3k, so is it a fair price? Can't afford both watch so I am tempted to off load my Z serie SD that was purchased from AD for it. But can't decide at the moment and in a dilemma .
    Rolex gives a International Warrenty,so it does not affect at all.

But to sell off your Z series SD for this...I would think it's not worth it.

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Should be ok if seller is willing to meet up to authenticate the watch. Just make sure you pass him the cash only after the authentication. As for which to choose, I think both GMT & SD have their own merits. Which do you like more? Personally, I will not trade my SD for a GMT. But then, it's up to you at the end of the day
      Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

how about warranty papers? none?

do you intend to sell it in future?

why u willing to trade ur SD for GMT Master? curious to find out.
        if you have issues with your account, click here for self help and read forum rules here. 90% of your answers can be found in Forum FAQ

i DO NOT respond to any pm regarding account issues

kindly email with
        1. subject heading indicating your issue
        2. your nick
        3. your corresponding email address
        4. state what you were trying to do and what the system prevented you to do

if you receive no response in pm or email, it means your answers can be found in the Forum FAQ here

your kind understanding is very much appreciated.

disclaimer : all opinions expressed are personal

Comment

I don't see any problms........

Comment

Originally posted by triton View Post
            how about warranty papers? none?

do you intend to sell it in future?

why u willing to trade ur SD for GMT Master? curious to find out.
            Agreed...when the SD is worth more than the GMT Master,you still have to top up abit more.

Dun understand why u want to sell a new and more expensive watch for a older and less expensive watch. AND you might have to top up
            Originally posted by minusplus View Post
            Should be ok if seller is willing to meet up to authenticate the watch. Just make sure you pass him the cash only after the authentication. As for which to choose, I think both GMT & SD have their own merits. Which do you like more? Personally, I will not trade my SD for a GMT. But then, it's up to you at the end of the day
            I think the authentication part is alright...but doesn't really make much sense to sell the SD for a GMT la

Comment

Originally posted by Darkangel View Post
              Agreed...when the SD is worth more than the GMT Master,you still have to top up abit more.

Dun understand why u want to sell a new and more expensive watch for a older and less expensive watch. AND you might have to top up

I think the authentication part is alright...but doesn't really make much sense to sell the SD for a GMT la
              Maybe for practical reasons? He doesnt do deep sea diving, but do alot of travelling? hehe
              Submariner 14060
              Breitling Colt Auto II
              Chopard Mille Miglia GMT
              Bell & Ross BR03-92
              MM20

Comment

Hi guys,

thks for the replies.

Don't get me wrong but I think that SD is a fantastic watch with its remarkable water resistance and its history. Its look is also a classic. I wouldn't have purchased it if it hadn't attracted me in the 1st place. But after having it for months, I sometimes wonder if a flatter watch would serve me better as a daily watch for work (fit under the sleeve much easier) and leisure (cos its lighter and thus more comfortable). So with the discontinuation of GMT Master II (16710), I began exploring the thought of perhaps getting 1 (since I had always thought of it as an equally beautiful watch) as a daily watch to replace my SD.

My SD is the 1st Rolex or should I say expensive watch that I own. I think I'm just being really fickle, like you fall in love in every watch you see but can only afford 1. Perhaps I should just save up to get a watch if I really want 1 and not conveniently entertain such thought of flipping my SD whenever an opportunity to do so present itself.

anyway, some pics of my SD so as to remind me of how well it had serve me over the months . My lousy camera don't do justice to this watch
                Attached Files
                HISTORY IS WRITTEN BY THOSE WHO
                REALIZE THERE'S NEVER A RIGHT WAY.

ONLY A BETTER WAY.

Comment

Hi guys,

thks for the replies.

Don't get me wrong but I think that SD is a fantastic watch with its remarkable water resistance and its history. Its look is also a classic. I wouldn't have purchased it if it hadn't attracted me in the 1st place. But after having it for months, I sometimes wonder if a flatter watch would serve me better as a daily watch for work (fit under the sleeve much easier) and leisure (cos its lighter and thus more comfortable). So with the discontinuation of GMT Master II (16710), I began exploring the thought of perhaps getting 1 (since I had always thought of it as an equally beautiful watch) as a daily watch to replace my SD.

My SD is the 1st Rolex or should I say expensive watch that I own. I think I'm just being really fickle, like you fall in love in every watch you see but can only afford 1. Perhaps I should just save up to get a watch if I really want 1 and not conveniently entertain such thought of flipping my SD whenever an opportunity to do so present itself.

anyway, some pics of my SD so as to remind me of how well it had serve me over the months . My lousy camera don't do justice to this watch

I understand how you feel. It's very common. Because there are so many nice watches out there in the market and human taste changes over time. So it has nothing to do with being fickle lah . But correctly pointed out by you, since this is your first expensive watch that you own, there should be certain moments in acquiring the watch that's worth remembering. Moreover, the watch is a z-series. It's still so new. Sell it and confirm you'll lugi quite a bit

Just my 2 cents
                  Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. -James Dean

Comment

Hi guys,

thks for the replies.

I understand la..not saying that you should not sell,but just saying very lugi to sell a it. I suggest,you still can get a GMT Master II but put your budget at about 5k instead of the 6k.

Comment

Would u ever buy a rolex from EBAY?

Im setting up this post cause i have heard that someone here actually do purchase your rolex from EBAY. Would u guys ever buy your rolex from EBAY?

Comment

NO! Even if the seller is in Singapore.... unless he is a dealer or has a shop here...

Comment

Originally posted by 116520 View Post
                          NO! Even if the seller is in Singapore.... unless he is a dealer or has a shop here...
                          EXACTLY!!! SOMEONE TOLD ME HE PAID ONLY USD 6900 FOR A DAYTONA! LOL if he really did that. I WOULD SAY, DUDE U GOT THE BALLS!

Comment

The problem is you have to send the seller money first... even pay half first also die lah...

Comment

Ebay < Nigerians

I personally bought a few items from Ebay before. A couple of limited edition nike shoes. Most of the time it was ok cause prolly the price were only like $400 to $600 SGD. But if u ask me to pay like 5 digits before even see-ing the item. i Would say F**K NO. THere's alot of scams and fake items going on in ebay. They can send u a rolex but when u realise it's replica. they can say alot of ****. Just like a fren of mine. he bought o2 mini and they send him a fake toy phone. LOL, how it works was, when u send a parcel, all u got to state is what is it. THat nigerian stated as Cellphone. Yes he did send a cellphone. But a Toy Cellphone. LOL Ebay and paypal till today haven't get back to him yet. it's been almost 3 years. there goes his $1000 SGD.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X