Just beware "No Name No Date on Warranty Card"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teo View Post
    Even when you buy brand new watch from an AD there are some found to have dent.
    if got dent, don't take it liao, will ask for new pcs Usually will not take the display piece. Most of the SA don't know how or don't bother to handle the watch properly.

Comment

It is the responsibility of buy to visually check before making payment but
      even then things can go wrong.

I bought a GMT II from a reputed seller. Visually eveything looked ok. The watch although more than 10 years old has been polished, no dents on
      the case, bracelet still tight, no chip on sapphire glass.

But when I reached RSC, I was told that the sapphire glass is not original, and had not been well fitted, and that water may have entered the watch
      previously and that servicing plus glass replacement will cost more than $1K.

I went back to seller on premise that it was 100% original and he refunded everything. Of course, he had the usual story that the watch was from his
      best friend.

Comment

Originally posted by daveevan View Post
        if got dent, don't take it liao, will ask for new pcs Usually will not take the display piece. Most of the SA don't know how or don't bother to handle the watch properly.
        Some dent are so small that you will not even notice it. You need to see it under some light and tilt the watch at different angles. Most likely you will missed it.
        Rolex stainless steel daytona (black dial)
        Rolex LV submariner
        Rolex TT black submariner
        Rolex GMT2 Pepsi
        Rolex Non date submariner
        Rolex Explorer2
        More...

Comment

Originally posted by teo View Post
          Some dent are so small that you will not even notice it. You need to see it under some light and tilt the watch at different angles. Most likely you will missed it.
          that's why some pro bring along loupe to buy watch, dents or dings are easier to spot, hairline scratches sometime quite tricky, like what you said need to tilt the watch and inspect at different angles

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
          Working...
          X