Opinions : Solid Gold Rolex

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions : Solid Gold Rolex

Looking thru the buy / sell subs here and notice not too much full gold models (sports) for sale and also noticed the discussion are on SS or max TT rolex watches

Personally love the full gold YM 1st Gen and looking for one - when i tell frens , OC , Parents about it i always get the same reaction -

I m a t shirt berms kinda guy and if i do wear this watch out , ppl will think i m damn Ah Beng - or maybe Ah Long - even i dont have the size or looks for one ... (i wish)

infact i got such strong "protests" from close ones that i m now looking at the TT YM or GMTc .. this one also they say very bling and Geylang Kopi tiam many ppl wear ... best worn with berms , t shirt and Tattoos .. best !

Then Mum recommended a PP Nautilus .. full gold also and say this one is more "subtle" .. to me its also full gold .. what so subtle about it ?

Whats Wrong with a Rolex Full Gold Guys ?

During my young days,if you drive a Mazda RX-7,
    most people will said that you're Ah beng.

So how about people like me can't afford a RX-7???
    Worst than ah beng????

Explorer 2 make for Explorer that went to north pole?
    All the Exp 2 owner,went to north pole before???

GMT(if I can recall),is tested & went across Sahara.
    All the GMT owner,went to sahara before??

Sub is tested 300m(current model)
    Sub owner wear it for swimming??

My view is,So call Ah Beng Or Ah Seng got 2 type.
    If one wearing solid gold Rolex & one is not wearing.
    Who you want to be?
    I want to be the former.............

Comment

as with all thing; i suspect pricing is a relatively large factor; also it can be abit blingy at times. could also be that; not safe for office wear (unless you are boss)
      [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
      Blue 6694
      Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
      [U]"My collection"[/U]:
      [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

It's all about people's mindset. There's no wrong/right.
        The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

Originally posted by flightspeed View Post
          Looking thru the buy / sell subs here and notice not too much full gold models (sports) for sale and also noticed the discussion are on SS or max TT rolex watches

Personally love the full gold YM 1st Gen and looking for one - when i tell frens , OC , Parents about it i always get the same reaction -

I m a t shirt berms kinda guy and if i do wear this watch out , ppl will think i m damn Ah Beng - or maybe Ah Long - even i dont have the size or looks for one ... (i wish)

infact i got such strong "protests" from close ones that i m now looking at the TT YM or GMTc .. this one also they say very bling and Geylang Kopi tiam many ppl wear ... best worn with berms , t shirt and Tattoos .. best !

Then Mum recommended a PP Nautilus .. full gold also and say this one is more "subtle" .. to me its also full gold .. what so subtle about it ?

Whats Wrong with a Rolex Full Gold Guys ?
          Looks like I am not alone....

Hahaha...it's hard to take the first step because of the stereotype, but go all out and try it!

Sometimes forgotten, but always contactable. Darkangel (2007-2014)

Comment

Originally posted by Heng Tin Hong View Post
            My view is,So call Ah Beng Or Ah Seng got 2 type.
            If one wearing solid gold Rolex & one is not wearing.
            Who you want to be?
            I want to be the former.............
            i like this !!!

i do agree its all about the mindset and taking the first step .. IMO i dont think its the pricing, looking the APs some ppl have here .. more likely the bling factor associated with such a chunk of gold .. i recall a colleague who removed his TT sub when going shopping for his dog ... his mindset is , if the shop owner see my wear such a flashy watch, price of dog to "public = S$1000" but for him will be S$1300 .... i m not saying if u wear a S$ 9.00 watch the price will be S$ 500 la but its the image that you portray when u wear such a blingy recognisable watch which instantly draws the eys of people towards the watch.

For me i think the GMTc TT is perfect !! altho not exactly what i want ...

Comment

I dun mind being labeled as anything...as long the YG ROLEX is sitting on my wrist!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The public can call me wadever names as they deemed fine...hehehehe
              Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Three reasons I can offer on why gold watches, rolex sport or otherwise, is not popular.

1. Price - Obviously most people who buy a watch want a watch, not a piece of gold, so why pay extra for gold?

2. Horology - For people who appreciate horology, they would rather go for the higher-tier watches instead of paying more for the gold in a watch. For exmaple, a PP/AP/VC in SS instead of a gold Daytona. This is not to say daytona is a low-tier watch so please don't flame me. For the fellow "watch lovers" who said you do not mind having a gold watch, would you really go for one if you have the money to spend, or buy something else?

3. Trend - A yellow gold watch just isn't cool, unless you are David Beckham or Brad Pitt. Sorry Darkangel.

As usual my view is just my view and I respect others' view and likes
                Watches are like potato chips - You never stop at one

Never political, seldom diplomatic, always honest

Comment

Mod, can help to remove the " " on the "watch lovers"? I really meant watch lovers and nothing else

Comment

to answer your Q if i will buy a solid gold watch. if it smiles at me. hell yeah i will! such watches include the DD and WG daytona
                    [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
                    Blue 6694
                    Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
                    [U]"My collection"[/U]:
                    [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Honestly, i don't care or bother how people look or say when I wear my full gold Daytona or GMT2c. Buy and wear what you like and comfortable with...

Comment

I recently found a full YG (not TT) daytona very cool and nice to wear under a business shirt. Not beng at all. When I have enough money, this could be a consideration.

Comment

I really fancy the YG GMTIIc with green dial and nearly put down the money for it last year. But my wife commented that it is a special occasions only kind of watch and she will not feel safe for me to wear it when I travel for work (and make use of the GMT function!). In the end, kenna influenced by her and got the TT GMTIIc instead. Till today........regret, not getting the YG GMTIIc, even though I am quite happy with the TT. This taught me that when it comes to goods like this, follow your heart instead of your head...or your heart will continue to itch and ache thereafter!
                          Rolex GMTIIc 116713LN V-series
                          Franck Muller Color Dreams
                          TAG Heuer Series 2000 Exclusive
                          Seiko Alarm World Time 5T52
                          Seiko Titanium Alarm Chronograph 7T32
                          Casio G-Shock
                          Citizen Eco Drive Titanium
                          Carven Neptune
                          Ellesse Sport
                          Citizen Manual Winding

Comment

to me no difference whether in Singapore or overseas leh...i oso wear my TT GMT 2 everywhere i travel...so far no worries...

P.S : i suppose my looks can deter alot of unwanted attention overseas...hehehehehe
                            Courage is what it takes to stand up and speak

Courage is also what it takes to sit down and listen

Quoted from Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

Originally posted by silverleaper View Post
                              I really fancy the YG GMTIIc with green dial and nearly put down the money for it last year. But my wife commented that it is a special occasions only kind of watch and she will not feel safe for me to wear it when I travel for work (and make use of the GMT function!). In the end, kenna influenced by her and got the TT GMTIIc instead. Till today........regret, not getting the YG GMTIIc, even though I am quite happy with the TT. This taught me that when it comes to goods like this, follow your heart instead of your head...or your heart will continue to itch and ache thereafter!
                              It could also be a case of "the best one is the one that you don't have", which is a common symptom of watch posioning

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X