AP ROO Safari
    Rolex Submarine Smurf
    Rolex Datejust TT
    Tag Heuer Carrera
    Omega SeaMaster Aqua Terra
    Seiko Military

Comment

Originally posted by flightspeed View Post
      Looking thru the buy / sell subs here and notice not too much full gold models (sports) for sale and also noticed the discussion are on SS or max TT rolex watches

Personally love the full gold YM 1st Gen and looking for one - when i tell frens , OC , Parents about it i always get the same reaction -

I m a t shirt berms kinda guy and if i do wear this watch out , ppl will think i m damn Ah Beng - or maybe Ah Long - even i dont have the size or looks for one ... (i wish)

infact i got such strong "protests" from close ones that i m now looking at the TT YM or GMTc .. this one also they say very bling and Geylang Kopi tiam many ppl wear ... best worn with berms , t shirt and Tattoos .. best !

Then Mum recommended a PP Nautilus .. full gold also and say this one is more "subtle" .. to me its also full gold .. what so subtle about it ?

Whats Wrong with a Rolex Full Gold Guys ?
      Personally, I would suggest go with wat your preference instead of being mindful of wat others comments. My past experience would be Rolex is often been classified as old uncle's watches (Sorry guys n gals). I have been consistently "recommended" by friends on other trendy brands like IWC, AP, etc. It took me sometimes before I learned how to appreciate the Rolex watch itself and since then I have been "poisoned" by the brand. To me, it is me who buy it, wear it, look at it daily, and as long as I luv it, why would I care how others think, even my parents or friends.

Being in Gold and Bling Bling is the trend for last year. :P

Comment

I don't feel like ah beng or ah long when i wear my goldies...hehe

Comment

Me too, i personally like the weight of the solid gold rolex sports model .
          Focal JM_Labs .
          "The Sprits Of Sounds".

Rolex WG Daytona D series Silver dial 116509
          Rolex RG DD II with pink diamond dial V Series 218235
          Rolex YG President DD with Diamond and Ruby 18038
          Rolex Explorer I Black D series 114270
          Rolex DJ TT Grey Dial 16233
          Rolex Precision 6694 Black Dial
          Rolex Precision 6694 Silver Dial
          Rolex Oyster Perpetual Z series black dial 176200
          Panerai 233K 8 days power reserve
          Cartier Santos 100XL
          Hublot Big Bang Edition 44mm

Comment

Guys, don't flame me. Just a friendly comment. If u buy n wear what other ppl like, u tend to be followers who takes pals view and ( perhaps orders). This is different from taking ppl advise and decide what u like. On the contrary, if u buy n wear what u like, it's either u r stubborn or u have firm views n have the courage the make brave decision. Ppl ard you either view u as stubborn or take cue from u as leader. Just a Friendly comment. Everyone can agree to disagree.

Originally posted by pegasi View Post

3. Trend - A yellow gold watch just isn't cool, unless you are David Beckham or Brad Pitt. Sorry Darkangel.

As usual my view is just my view and I respect others' view and likes
            Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
            Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
            GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
            GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
            DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
            DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
            , 18238 malachite
            DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
            AP 15300 Black
            Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
            GP 18k RG
            IWC Port 3714 Chrono
            Chronoswiss Skeleton
            Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

Originally posted by enthusiast View Post
              Wah bro P88 that's very chim man... At times, I actually seen a few middle age uncles wearing their golden rollies in coffeeshops... However, all of them were Solid Gold DJ with diamond markers instead of sports version... Strange...
              I saw before a uncle wore a gold gmt2c and as usual, 1 to 2 extra links too big with watch hanging on in between knuckles and wrist instead of good fitting on wrist... It's like adding sprite or soda to good wine... sian...
              Daytona 116519 Meteorite, 16528 MK3 dia
              Reb Sub 1680 MK2 x 2, mk4, MK6 BP ,116613LB Dia, 16610LV MK1
              GMT 1675 Pepsi MK1, GILT BP,GMT 16753 Nipple Mocha x2 bp
              GMT II 16760 Coke FAT Lady, 16758 nipple
              DD 6611B x 2, 1803 RG, wide boy
              DD 18038 Dia, 18039, 18308 dia
              , 18238 malachite
              DJ 6520, 6605, 6581, 1601/1603 x 6, 16220/30/34 cream
              AP 15300 Black
              Tudor 7016 small rose gilt dial
              GP 18k RG
              IWC Port 3714 Chrono
              Chronoswiss Skeleton
              Corum Bubble Lucifer

Comment

i prefer rose gold to YG.
                Tag Heuer 2000 Professional Chronograph
                Tag Heuer Formula 1
                Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 16234
                Rolex Datejust Oyster Perpetual 116234
                Rolex GMT II 16710
                Sinn U1 SDR

Comment

flightspeed. go with your heart and do whatever pleases you. afterall, you are paying for the watch and its you that will have to live with your decision, good or bad.

back to your question, my 2 cents for sports models is that solid gold or worse, diamonds is really over the top and not suitable for daily wear. to me, gold or diamonds don't really quite gel with sports which suggests a more functional element. a ss model would be a more sensible choice (and attract a lot less comments) if you are thinking of wearing it daily.

i do however have a TT sub which i usually wear on special occassions. i find the colour contrasts of black, YG and ss really makes the watch stand out.

in the end, choosing the right watch to wear is no different than choosing what shirt or pants to wear for an occassion. simple common sense is usually the best rule.

Comment

sorry samGMT. just saw your daytona. no offence intended.

Comment

Originally posted by evets View Post
                      i prefer rose gold to YG.
                      I think rose gold more subtle too...

Comment

Originally posted by flightspeed View Post
                        Looking thru the buy / sell subs here and notice not too much full gold models (sports) for sale and also noticed the discussion are on SS or max TT rolex watches

Personally love the full gold YM 1st Gen and looking for one - when i tell frens , OC , Parents about it i always get the same reaction -

I m a t shirt berms kinda guy and if i do wear this watch out , ppl will think i m damn Ah Beng - or maybe Ah Long - even i dont have the size or looks for one ... (i wish)

infact i got such strong "protests" from close ones that i m now looking at the TT YM or GMTc .. this one also they say very bling and Geylang Kopi tiam many ppl wear ... best worn with berms , t shirt and Tattoos .. best !

Then Mum recommended a PP Nautilus .. full gold also and say this one is more "subtle" .. to me its also full gold .. what so subtle about it ?

Whats Wrong with a Rolex Full Gold Guys ?
                        Absolutely nothing wrong.
                        A full gold sports Rolex is the most masculine, strong, steady watch a man can wear.
                        But whether the wearer can carry those attributes is another thing altogether.
                        I wear mine almost daily and i am not 40 yet.

The other two times that i hv seen a full gold sports being worn is a YM2 by a 60++ white hair well built angmo carrying a gymbag and wearing bermudas and a Subceramic gold by a 60++ well built chinese man with poloT and chinos.

Of course plenty of Daydates everywhere else.
                        And a few worn by ladies

Comment

Definitely not a trend to me.
                          I dont buy/wear a watch becos of trend, ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Throttle View Post
                            Definitely not a trend to me.
                            I dont buy/wear a watch becos of trend, ever.
                            +1!!

Wear what you like, not what others like!!

The last time I saw a FULL YG Rolex being worn was when I looked into the mirror last night before heading out for Christmas celebration. And what I saw was a big fat out-of-shape Chinese old man in a polo t-shirt and jeans with a 116528!!
                            Body Of Fat, Heart Of Gold.

Comment

Originally posted by champagneluver View Post
                              +1!!

Wear what you like, not what others like!!

The last time I saw a FULL YG Rolex being worn was when I looked into the mirror last night before heading out for Christmas celebration. And what I saw was a big fat out-of-shape Chinese old man in a polo t-shirt and jeans with a 116528!!

Wahahahaha, hi five buddy!

Comment

Do not be worry what other think. It may looks good on you but not on someone else.

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X