Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 month old Rolex DJ losing minutes?

Hi guys,

I got my half rose gold DJ 2 months back, brand new from AD and it seems that its losing minutes and im talking about at least 10 mins? Is this even possible? I should bring it to RSC....sigh....

I wear it everyday except Sat/Sun and usually I will adjust the time and wind it on Monday mornings...

wow, first time i hear losing 10 mins...that's not good...maybe the experts here can help...or you can ask the AD that you brought the watch from?...or u can send to RSC since still under warranty....cheers
    Rolex SD "m" series
    Omega Speedmaster
    PAM 164K

Comment

In such a circumstance, you seek have it checked with the RSC. Do keep us posted of outcome.

Good luck and tx.
      The Crown Of Achievement

Comment

As a brand new watch, would it still be under warranty?

Comment

get it regulate at RSC... this will fix the losing time..
          I'm a super low-baller

Comment

magnetism i believe is the cause of excessive loss/gain of the minutes, its best you get it demagnetised, and regulated.
            [U]Currently wearing[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]TT Datejust with diamond dial - sold!
            Blue 6694
            Seiko SD-lookalike[/SIZE]
            [U]"My collection"[/U]:
            [SIZE="1"]Blue 6694; TT DJ w diamond dial.[/SIZE]

Comment

Sigh I brought it in today at RSC and have to be in the 'hospital' for 1 week! They mentioned about some screw inside came off and they need to monitor the 'losing' minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by seiko.citizen View Post
                magnetism i believe is the cause of excessive loss/gain of the minutes, its best you get it demagnetised, and regulated.
                By the way does working 10-12 hours on a laptop causes this magnetism?

Comment

Wah, that serious huh... normally take them no more than half hour to fix such problem.... did they give you a courtesy watch to wear for a week? ha ha.... ..... joking only....

Originally posted by koshiru View Post
                  Sigh I brought it in today at RSC and have to be in the 'hospital' for 1 week! They mentioned about some screw inside came off and they need to monitor the 'losing' minutes.

Comment

Yeah, I saw the others waiting for their watch and all theirs back! Then when i see the technician's face, though serious/solemn but I can tell that surely very jialat my watch. Went back without a watch

Comment

Yeah, I saw the others waiting for their watch and all theirs back! Then when i see the technician's face, though serious/solemn but I can tell that surely very jialat my watch. Went back without a watch
                      Don't worry, it will be fine.
                      Current Collection :

1) Rolex YG White Mother of Pearl Roman Dial Datejust 16018 (8 mil Serial)

2) Rolex YG Black Computer Roman Dial Datejust 16238 (L Serial)

3) Rolex TT Blue Submariner 16613LB (M Serial)

4) Rolex YG Red Vignette DayDate 18038 (8 mil Serial)

5) Rolex PT Pinkish White MOP DayDate 18206 (A Serial)

Comment

Since it is a brand new watch, I do think that you deserve a formal explaination from RSC. Do "bang table" kindly and ask to talk to their manager and you can try your luck for some form of kinds which I think they will gladly extend in good will. Rolex is a symbol of good quality and I'm sure there will be some damage control provided to keep the customer happy.
                        My humble keepsakes:
                        1) Submariner 14060
                        2) Submariner 14060M
                        3) Sea Dweller 16600
                        4) Explorer II 16570 (Polar)
                        5) Azimuth JagdBomber
                        6) Azimuth Bombardier I,II,III, IV & V
                        7) Azimuth 55mm B-hur Original Luftwaffe Specification Limited Edition
                        8) Seiko Samurai Ti (Black)
                        9) Panerai Black Seal
                        10) IWC Big Pilot (5004)
                        11) IWX Mark XIV

Comment

By the way does working 10-12 hours on a laptop causes this magnetism?
                          no. working on a lappie or comp when wearing your watch will not affect your watch at all.
                          I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch, I dont need another watch.........

Comment

so what is the possible time lost for such watches? a few seconds?

Comment

I think 10-15 sec is expected. 20-30 sec is mildly acceptable... for me a watch costing as much as rolex should not lose more than 40 secs per day..

If in dat case, what am I paying for?

Comment

Footer Ad Widget - Desktop

Collapse

Footer Ad Widget - Mobile

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X